Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
back to the dealership this morning. wonder how much $ I will get screwed out of today?
Old 12-08-2003, 03:03 PM

Well my truck is finnaly fixed and running better than ever. Finnaly after replacing coil pack #3 my problem is gone. I got stuck with another moster bill and I am out of alot of money I didnt relay want to spend on fixing my truck right now.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

so a code on cylinder #2 meant that the #3 coil pack was wasted? man, makes you wonder what they were smoking at the stealer.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by keisur
so a code on cylinder #2 meant that the #3 coil pack was wasted? man, makes you wonder what they were smoking at the stealer.
Yeah really.

Did you raise hell about their misdiagnosis the first time around? I know that I sure would have. I think you should really have a word with the manager about them replacing your mass air sensor when that wasn't the problem. I would demand some money back.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:55 AM

Yea i would raise hell what did they have monkeys look at it the first time and throw a dart at the wall or did the spin the how to fix wheel??? I would talk to the head boss and if they dont do anything for you call toyota customer service and BITCH.. the squeaking wheel gets the oil.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:56 PM

I asked for a break on the price but they said that my mass air flow sensor had tested bad. I told them they could replace it because I thought that was the problem. The truck ran better with the old one. I guess I got screwed but atleast my truck is running. It is actually running realy good. After all those misdiagnosises my truck ended up with a realy good tune up.

I was told that my old part was in my floor board but when I looked when I got home it wasnt there. That was on sat. Then on mon I took it back and asked the ser guy if the still had my old sensor. He said they didnt have it anymore.

I bet is was just dirty.

you win some you lose some.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just experiences, just experiences. Next time, you'll be ready to battle. I'm not saying the dealership is intentionally screwing you. Obviously they're not very bright if the send a vehicle home when it runs just as bad as it did when it was brought in. Glad your truck's running good again.
Old 12-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 4runner4me
I was told that my old part was in my floor board but when I looked when I got home it wasnt there. That was on sat. Then on mon I took it back and asked the ser guy if the still had my old sensor. He said they didnt have it anymore.
how convenient. but typical. you could try the BBB. it's always worked for me. I always go straight to the customer relations ho. she always lights some fires that usually gets results.