Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

My poor old 4runner.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My poor old 4runner.....

Well today is my ex-g/f-fiancee's b-day so I went to lunch with her and her parents. When we split she got my '99 LTD 4Runner 4WD w/ locker, and I couldn't believe the shape it's in. I think all four fender flares are scratched to hell. The thing hasn't been washed in months, and I doubt she's changed the oil. I am taking it from her next week and having the fenders fixed at the local lexus dealer and changing the oil and doing a full tune up on it. It'll be my b-day present to her. Damn that is a sweet 4Runner, just clicked over 70k for a '99. I never put miles on my Runner's.. I was sad to see that one go, because I hand picked it. But she couldn't afford our M3 when we split so I had to relinguish my 4Runner.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wait a sec. You broke up with her at some point. Down the road, go to lunch with her and the folks,and decide to fix the runner for her.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by 86toyota
Wait a sec. You broke up with her at some point. Down the road, go to lunch with her and the folks,and decide to fix the runner for her.
Yeah.. I'm a sucker.. I just put tires on that 4Runner for her this past fall, and so much more... I think I really miss the 4Runner more than anything but who knows. We're still great friends, after 7 years together, how can you not be friends with someone, that's 1/4 of my life! We still hang out, even though it's been a year since we split.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I was thinking the same thing.

Best to sever all ties with X's.
They are just grief, and will milk you for anything they can, while being with someone else.

I would not fix the 4Runner, it will end up in the exact same shape as it is now.

This may sound harsh, but it is is reality.
Been there done that.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Contributing Member

Any pics of the Ex. This way I can tell you if the 4runner should be fixed.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I would have given her the m3 and let her trade it in for something she could afford. Stop letting her use you. You can still be friends , but why fix it when she will just abuse it again. Quit being such a sucker.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:44 PM

I don't understand why you would give your truck to an ex-gf or an ex fiancee. An ex-wife I understand. Please clarify.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member

I say take the 4Runner and buy her a cherry Ford Pinto!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:48 PM

I bought that 4Runner myself as a second car, when we moved in together she sold her Prelude and started driving my 4Runner, which was perfectly fine. I ended up buying a 2004 M3 in 2003, and then we split right at the end of year. When we split I couldn't leave her car-less, and since the M3 payments are 900/month she would have been buried. So it was the paid off 4Runner she got.. It didn't really faze me until I started bike racing in the spring of 2004, then I realized how much I needed my 4Runner back.. Anyways, I can't help helping her out. She's a sweet girl. No pics.. but she's a Japanese girl if that helps, very beautiful too.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:49 PM

This is what it looked like when i bought it, i'll snap a pic tomorrow of what it looks like now.

http://www.rearviewmirror.cc/images/4rfrang.jpg
Old 02-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Sounds like you are still in love with her and want or hope to get her back. Is this why you are still buying things and "helping" her out?

Last edited by Paul H.; 02-26-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:36 PM

Oh my. Been there, done that, never want to go back. Um, a spine would come in real handy now. Saying that will all the respect a website can muster.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:47 PM

Dude, You need to listen to Tom Leykis - MEOW.

She got your 99 4runner, she treats it like ˟˟˟˟, much like she did you most likely, and you let her walk all over you - she has no respect for you. Servicing "her" 4runner, will give her even less respect for you. If you guys ever did get back togehter, she'd probably walk all over you again. Think about it this way - you're like the cable guy - no one ever cares about you - they just want their damn cable installed or fixed. They may pretend they care about you, but once they get what they want, they could care less if you get in your company van and it blows up a block down the street. They're too busy watching Oprah and eating Sara Lee cheesecake.

What you should do, is take the 4runner, tell her you're going to fix it, and then drop it off after a day of driving it back with her and when she asks "what did they do," tell her you took it out, but then didn't fix it as you got sidetracked by some chick you met at a mall. I guarantee you, if you can do this and make up a story that is believeable along these lines, you will garner more attention, interest, & respect from her, then if you faithfully do exactly what you told her you're going to do like you're some loyal little ˟˟˟˟˟. She'll be pissed off, but what do you owe her? Nothing. She can do this crap herself. I'm sure that it will probably piss her off enough that she won't hate you, but she'll probably garner some interest in you and be "intrigued" at your unreliability. LIke a typical female, if you show your unreliability, she will want to try and hone/control it. And if you can sway away from her needs/wants/desires enough to feed off of her insecurities in this respect, her wanting to control you, you'll have her around your wrapped around your finger like a piece of string. The key is to be unreliable. Dont' call her back, forget things. It will drive her nuts. And she'll keep wanting to change you!

Show some cajones buddy. Seriously. Be a man. Giving in to her and being the repair guy is going to get her tread marks all over you. Being the empty promise guy will get you the poontang pie!

Last edited by CoedNaked; 02-26-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:29 AM

whip! whip! whip! Get some balls. Girls almost always like bad boys over little angles, like you sound. stop being the dick in a jar(break in case of emergency) Do like coednaked said.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:42 AM

Why the hell do you even spend a dime on a car now owned but an unappreciative EX?!

Not only will you not get the truck back, you won't get the car either, and this is mod money right out the window for your M3.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:51 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Ex - in the past, no longer viable, not the present

To be blunt...you are stupid for continuing to even associate w/ her...but fixing her vehicle...that is a whole new level of stuipidity. Freud would have lots of fun with you!

Good luck, you are going to need it.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:57 AM

Gotta say the guys are right....Ex...sever the ties and move on. You're wasting time and life dude.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by CoedNaked
Dude, You need to listen to Tom Leykis - MEOW.

She got your 99 4runner, she treats it like ˟˟˟˟, much like she did you most likely, and you let her walk all over you - she has no respect for you. Servicing "her" 4runner, will give her even less respect for you. If you guys ever did get back togehter, she'd probably walk all over you again. Think about it this way - you're like the cable guy - no one ever cares about you - they just want their damn cable installed or fixed. They may pretend they care about you, but once they get what they want, they could care less if you get in your company van and it blows up a block down the street. They're too busy watching Oprah and eating Sara Lee cheesecake.

What you should do, is take the 4runner, tell her you're going to fix it, and then drop it off after a day of driving it back with her and when she asks "what did they do," tell her you took it out, but then didn't fix it as you got sidetracked by some chick you met at a mall. I guarantee you, if you can do this and make up a story that is believeable along these lines, you will garner more attention, interest, & respect from her, then if you faithfully do exactly what you told her you're going to do like you're some loyal little ˟˟˟˟˟. She'll be pissed off, but what do you owe her? Nothing. She can do this crap herself. I'm sure that it will probably piss her off enough that she won't hate you, but she'll probably garner some interest in you and be "intrigued" at your unreliability. LIke a typical female, if you show your unreliability, she will want to try and hone/control it. And if you can sway away from her needs/wants/desires enough to feed off of her insecurities in this respect, her wanting to control you, you'll have her around your wrapped around your finger like a piece of string. The key is to be unreliable. Dont' call her back, forget things. It will drive her nuts. And she'll keep wanting to change you!

Show some cajones buddy. Seriously. Be a man. Giving in to her and being the repair guy is going to get her tread marks all over you. Being the empty promise guy will get you the poontang pie!

AMEN, its true, it works!!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:44 PM

Dude ....... Let me help you out.....I live in Japan...oddly enough Japanese girls are like a YEN a dozen, so I married a Korean.....Something about 30+ yr olds spending hundreds of dollars per month on hello kitty stuff scares me. knock it off you are allowing your self to be taken advantage of does not matter Japanese or what ever....YOU ARE ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN.....back in the day the saying was GRASS GAS OR A$$ nobody rides for free. The two of you BROKE UP now you just need to BREAK IT OFF. If your just a bleeding heart.....then I can help you...my truck needs tune up also.....Throw your wallet in the back of a taxi...bang you head on the side of a door then slam your johnson in the door....when you come to you'll feel the same...Broke, can;t remember what happen and the jewels are achin....LET IT GO
Old 02-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

can't wait til jayson sees this...

I'm usually friends with my ex's too. Not that good, but I also haven't moved in or gotten engaged either.

Quick Reply: My poor old 4runner.....