Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

MANUAL TRANS Indiglo Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MANUAL TRANS Indiglo Gauges

Ok, I am posting this in a separate thread so it gets the attention it deserves..

There was some interest expressed in a reverse indiglo gauge panel specifically for the 3rd gen manual transmission 'runners - i.e. gauges without the auto-trans P-R-N-etc markings in the middle.

A 96-98 version is what I'm after, some of you might want the newer vehicles. So who wants something like this? I think we just need to get an order of 20 and they will make them, just like the other order. I have not verified this but I don't see why it would be different... I can call though, if someone has some contact info they can send me (Speedhut is the company if I recall).

So who's in?
Old 05-21-2003, 10:08 PM

Denver:

Best of luck!

I think there are more with autos and we have been trying to reach the 20 mark with speedhut.com since last summer.

At least you can buy the reverse indiglos even though you would have to cover the PRN...

(I know I know...you want them without that...)
Old 05-21-2003, 10:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Denver,

Since Mad Chemist's post, I'm interested in them too. I checked out the ProCarParts auction he won and the company is only 2.5 miles from my work. If you'd like and other people are interested, I could swing by and see if these folks are up for a group buy. Of course, I don't think the discount would be too big as they are about $25 online, but hey, its worth a shot.

If 8 or more people express interest in either auto or 5 speed gauges, I''ll be more than happy to go by and talk some bid-ness with them.

Bob
Old 05-22-2003, 11:38 AM

I'd definately be interested. I've been wanting a set of the reverse indiglos but I just didn't want to have a non-functional P-R-N-D-etc. indicator staring back at me. Please count me in.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

I'm in if its reasonable.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Bob_98SR5
Denver,

Since Mad Chemist's post, I'm interested in them too. I checked out the ProCarParts auction he won and the company is only 2.5 miles from my work. If you'd like and other people are interested, I could swing by and see if these folks are up for a group buy. Of course, I don't think the discount would be too big as they are about $25 online, but hey, its worth a shot.

If 8 or more people express interest in either auto or 5 speed gauges, I''ll be more than happy to go by and talk some bid-ness with them.

Bob
I am in

All 1996 and 1997 gauges are the same (auto and 5-speed). Mine is an auto and doesn't have a PRNDL on the cluster.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Bob_98SR5
Denver,

Bob
count me in as well. i have looked all over for indiglo guages w/o the automatic tranny indicators but have not found any. I was actually considering buying hte ProCarParts one and seeing if i can modify it. See what you can do Bob because it sounds like there is a lot of intrest. I would pay $50 for the correct guages.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SLC Punk
I am in

All 1996 and 1997 gauges are the same (auto and 5-speed). Mine is an auto and doesn't have a PRNDL on the cluster.
That may be, but all of the aftermarket gauges that fit these rigs have the markings on them...

Thanks for the response so far, keep this up and we might just pull it off! (those auto tranny guys in the other thread will be mad! )
Old 05-22-2003, 03:30 PM

Two more and I'll make the trip. I dont think these things will be expensive.

Bob
Old 05-22-2003, 03:39 PM

Well I have the 96-98 with the auto indicators, which my rig doesn't have. I'm in! Are they going to be white?
Old 05-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Vato Loco
Well I have the 96-98 with the auto indicators, which my rig doesn't have. I'm in! Are they going to be white?
That's the plan... White in daylight, black at night with the blue lights, I think that's what the others all do and is certainly what I'm after...

one more to go!
Old 05-22-2003, 08:06 PM
DSP

Bob, looks like you have eight.
Sign me up boys and let me know.
The ol wallet is taking a beating but hey...
:wtf:

Let me know what the dilli is

dsp420@msn.com

thanks you silly little freaks
my 2000 manual thanks you also!
-Dave
Old 05-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

count me in too! we will hit the mark easily at this rate!

-Casey
Old 05-22-2003, 08:18 PM

alright guys, i'll try to set something up w/ them next week.

Bob
Old 05-23-2003, 04:10 AM

Man, I'm really excited about this! I gave up on these long ago. Way to go denverbikeguy for starting this thread!!
Old 05-23-2003, 02:34 PM

Guys,

Ok, I emailed a vendor and they said that the minimum buy is $800 to start. Given that the gauges are about $50 a piece and that (assumption here) the mark up is probably going to be around 30% from him to me (buyer), the gauges would probably be around $35. I would of course have to mark up a little to cover my expenses and sales tax so that would mean that I would have to buy about 25 or so gauges for this to work.

Looks like its a bust unless we can get that many pre-payments for the gauges.

Lemme know how you guys want to proceed.
Bob
Old 05-23-2003, 03:00 PM

Bob,

Depending on how you want to collect the money, would you take a personal check from all of us and if this doesn't pan out in a month or two, just tear up the checks? -or- send a return envelope with our money? Do you have a Paypal account?

Another question... Is this for white faces with blue or green illuminated graphics? If the graphics were green we wouldn't have to convert all the other switches, etc. to all blue. Just a thought, either way, I'm still in.

Last edited by Beachrunner; 05-23-2003 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 10:52 AM
Contributing Member

I have no problem prepaying, just pick a method. Hint though, I hate paypal...

Part of me wants to see what they'd charge to make an indiglo A/C panel as part of this too, though the other part of me thinks it's just fine black but could use some blue indicators to match the gauges when they come in. (Oh yeah - blue gauges please! )

Does anyone have a pic of their vehicle with both white gauges and a white A/C panel installed? Just trying to decide. I think it would seem a little out of place, but maybe seeing it with everything else would sway my thinking. I dunno, how much more do you think they'd charge to do up an indiglo A/c panel as part of this? If it looks hokey it can always just be left off (if it's cheap, oh well), but if it looks good the visual "coolness" would be nice.
Old 05-25-2003, 11:10 AM
DuB

Bob, exactly which gauges are these for? Would it be the silver faced ones? Do you know if he would be able to make black faced ones by any chance? Or white would be ok too.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:20 PM

Guys,

Ok, I'm going to try to see if I can make an appt w/ this guy and see what he has to sell. Then from there, I'll let you know what he has and then we can all decide what to do from there.

Hows that sound?

Thanks,
Bob

Quick Reply: MANUAL TRANS Indiglo Gauges