Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Limited trim

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Limited trim

As many here know already I am upgrading my SR5 to a Limited interior. I was curious as I think this will work, but arn't all the door trims the same for all gen 3 4runners? Also does any one have the dual auto window switches? Is the auto down of the passenger window a function of the switch? Found one that has dual auto switches so wanted to know if I can use this switch to auto control the passenger window as well.

I located the leather door panels for all 4 doors this past weekend. They came out of a 2000 SR5 that had been a roll over so the doors were trashed so the panels were still there! They have a few blems but they all cleaned up really nice. I noted this Runner even though it had leather interior, none of the trim was wood grain. And yes the front seats were gone! AGGGGH!! Got all 4 panels installed without issue and do they look sharp! Also got the center console lid and insert tray. The hinge was bent up so the wrecking yard guy gave it to me with the purchase of the door panels.

Still looking at acquiring the day/nite mirror. OK, if anyone has the wood grain trim for the interior please LMK and prices are always nice to know. Will post some pics of the project too. Thanks guys/gals
Old 09-10-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got dual auto switches on mine. Are you talking about the auto changing mirrors? Because I have a 00' limited and it doesn't have that.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:00 AM

Hey Frodin, yeah, I was just curious about the switch function cus if it will auto the passenger window ... KEWL! As for the mirror, I have been checking into those day/nite changing rear view mirros. They do come on some of the newer Toyota 4runners, Tundra, Tacoma and even on some of their cars. Only real issue, they are big bucks. I also don't know if they are a function of an external sensor (temp) or of the vehicles computer which gets an input from a sensor. I did find out that GM puts them on their vehicles too as does Lincoln. I was able to find the schematic for a 1999 Suburban and it uses an externally mounted sensor for a direct input. Would be nice seeing my FMU is in Celcius and is reading like 15 degrees too low. The auto darking function of the mirror is controlled directly in the mirror so it should be fun. The local yard here is only charging me $25 and I have to remove it but thats fine, this way I get everything I need. I will have to figure out the best way to mount the new mirror as it is obviously not going to be a plug and play mirror like the FMU was! Thinking maybe I can grind down the mount to retrofit into the FMU mounting or I may just add the metal mount to the windshield like it is mounted in the newer Toyota's.

Last edited by Ritzy4Runner; 09-10-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:13 AM

My 07' Hyundai Sonata has the auto changing mirror and I think it's controlled internally also, because it only changes when light directly hits it. It really doesnt stay dark from what I noticed, unless someones directly behind you with their lights on. As far as the switch, I didnt realize that the Limiteds were the only ones with both windows auto switched?I figured they all did that? Learn something new everyday!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:31 AM

The plug is different for the dual auto down switch from the plug on your 98. Don't know if the function is contained in the switch.I have a 00 dual auto down switch here at work.PM me if I can help.
Shubey
Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Guess I'll have to check the switches, just hate to have to pull that door apart unless I have to. Would do that when I get the wood trim insert. Hey anyone got any Limited interior trim??? Huh, huh??