Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me?

I knew that had to be something I didn't like about the new runner (other than the stinkies). Is it just me or does anyone else think the son of a gun takes forever to wash and wax? I could do my black GMC Jimmy in about 1/2 the time - ditto my son's 2002 X-terra. It just has so many little curves and nooks and crannies that it seems impossible to get it dry. And when you wax the dust gets in all of them and what a pain to get out. Also there is the little "Hole" at the back of the running boards where dirt just seems drawn to collect. It looks good though I cleaned it up thouroughly yesterday and did 2 coats of Zymol on the whole thing and 3 on the hood and roof. I always wax my trucks about every 2-3 months but I may not be able to lift my arms again till then! I plan to use the spray detailer in between. I also found that the platic that covers the guages in VERY soft. I used a cotton towel to dust off the grime that collect in the guage housings and put tiny little scratches on there so be careful. I may even end up resorting to the "touchless" car washes that are around.
One other thing I always used black colored wax on my black Jimmy. Do they make dark blue wax (I have stratosphere mica)? If so the dust in the crannies would show less.
Jim
Old 05-25-2003, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude you been hanging around Corey's house or what?
Old 05-25-2003, 10:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt it, he didn't mention the Corey Cable once...