Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Jedliness is next to Godliness!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jedliness is next to Godliness!!!!!!!!!

Well Armorology is at it again!!! I drove all the way from southern Kansas to Colorado springs just to spend Spring Break there. When it was time to leave I just dropped my 4runner off at the shop so Jed could work his magic. This is the Tire carrier bumper with some custom additions...

I am going to take the bumpers off and spray some fresh paint after I sand all of that other cheap crap off so the gaps are not so noticeable.

The mounting is bar none the strongest I have seen on any 4runner! This all would not have been possible if 4runner Rick wouldn't have been there for me, so thanks!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:19 AM

Quanto dinero? And how big of a tire can it carry?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
He does awesome work! I would love to take my trucks to Colorado t have him do the work since he won't ship. He is spendy but the fit/finish is outstanding.

One of the first tire carriers that I remember swinging to the left. I suggest you be careful if you ever have that open on the side of the highway.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
THats a nice bumper. I wish I could afford one like that. Sure beats trying to lug a 35" tire up on the roof...
Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You suck. Wish I lived closer to him...

Got any pics of it w/ the tire carrier swung open? I'd like to see the tire mounting bracket. Also, what are your plans for relocating your license? Oh and finally, can you still remove your tail lights in case a bulb needs replacing?

Definitely a great looking bumper.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Man4God
Quanto dinero? And how big of a tire can it carry?
X2
That looks really good. Oh yeah.... I hate you.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:09 PM

That looks amazing!

Man, I love your 'Runner. I wish I could have found a white one...
Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 PM

To answer a few of your questions the reason that the tire carrier opens on the drivers side is because where the tire sits, is the best place for viewing angles. When you look at your rear view mirror the angle from your eyes to the mirror is slanted to the right, so in turn you viewing angle is the best on the passenger side of the window. I have a bracket that fits in my receiver hitch for my license plate that will be removed for wheeling. This is also a nice powder coated piece. I can remove the lights in case I have a bulb go out. The hoop looks really close but I have just enough room to pop the lens out. There is a guy using a 39" tire on this style carrier, and this is because Armorology uses a dana 44 speed bearing that is in a custom machined spindle that can hold plenty of weight. Mine will be holding a 35" tire when I do my SAC next fall.

Last edited by 5-spd for life!; 04-30-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:23 PM

Oh and my 4runner is Desert Dune, and not white. But in your defense it looks like a hybrid paint scheme between the millennium silver and desert dune. The paint changes from bright silver in the shade to a slight brown in the sun.

Last edited by 5-spd for life!; 04-30-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:17 PM

What brand weather deflectors you got?

I like them.

And the bumper looks bombtastic.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 5-spd for life!
Oh and my 4runner is Desert Dune, and not white. But in your defense it looks like a hybrid paint scheme between the millennium silver and desert dune. The paint changes from bright silver in the shade to a slight brown in the sun.
O, my bad. I still love the paint with the black accents!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

I have to agree with Rock Slide.... I hate everyone with an Armorolgy Bumper!!!! LOLOL But with gas just getting to $4.09 a gallon, there is no way I'm making THAT road trip!

Everyone of you is so lucky to have someone like that around. May I ask how much that cost? The only guy around here that will make bumpers (all the others are afraid because one guy was sued because his bumper did excessive damage to a ladies car) quoted me $900.00 for a back bumper (with no tirerack or anything special).

So I just rebuilt my bumper and going to save the $$$ for a lift from SS.

Great bumper man.....
Old 04-30-2008, 04:07 PM

Welcome to the family...

Lookin' good. I want to see this in person. Drop me a line so I can see this beast. Nice rig...

Regards,

BWJ
Old 04-30-2008, 04:18 PM

The quality appears to be unparalleled. The jury is still out for me on the hoops, however.
Overall a beautiful piece.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:24 PM

Those hoops are dead on for saving our long rear. I got the same concept going but mine are removable. Looks like you’re ready for some rubber to match the bumpers. Well done
Old 04-30-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
step one... buy a battery powered impact wrench.

step two... go to google maps and find Pittsburg, KS

step three... find your house.

i promise i'll leave your catalytic converter on your rig when i come down
j/k, looks great!

that does look white in the pics, but desert dune is a hard color to photograph. i like the herculiner or what you've got on the bottom of the doors. i'll be doing that this summer and was wondering what it looked like on desert dune, great inspiration.

thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice look and seems very stout. Thanks for posting up outstanding photos.

Wish I did not live so close... between Irbis Off Road and Armorology someone is always after my wallet yee haaa

Think how cool your rear spoiler might look in Desert Dune....

Did you Herculine the Bushwackers also? they look kind of textured to the touch-kind of cool.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by pattycakes77
i like the herculiner or what you've got on the bottom of the doors.

Originally Posted by Ron Helmuth
Did you Herculine the Bushwackers also? they look kind of textured to the touch-kind of cool.

I agree, the herculiner across the bottom and on the flares (I assume) looks really good. Flows very well with the rest of the truck. Looks like you may have gone 1/2 inch higher around the flares onto the body too. That's def a nice, subtle touch.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:52 AM

My brand of weather deflectors is the Ventshade stick on deflectors. I chose these over the more popular slide in deflectors because I did not want my window to have that distinctive line on the outer edge.

As for the bedliner, this is Ameriguard sprayed on bedliner. This is the best out there and does not fade like Line-X. Just look at the bottom of my Rockers. That was sprayed about 3 years ago, and all of the fender flares and rear hatch and bumper were done last summer. Even in person you cannot see any fade between the two! As for the extra inch over my flares, I did this to seal them to my body so no water/debris can sneak behind and cause scratching or rust like all flares do. This is also more insurance for water fording (damn logs).

If anyone wants to see this beauty in person to either fight me to the death for the bumper, or just marvel at the great work that Jed has bestowed onto my rig then PM away!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did we find out the total bill yet?