Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shane! sweet find man
Old 02-25-2004, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

If you click the on the link they recommend the UHMWPE over the aluminum. I beleive this is the one that came with my winch. and $25 is the standard price for these pretty much everywhere. Its the aluminum that are 50+, so the EBay one is a sweet deal at $25
Old 02-25-2004, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by sdastg1
I beleive this is the one that came with my winch.
There's at least one other company selling a similar fairlead (RBS), but I like Sky's design better. Here's a review of the RBS fairlead on PBB, it's more expensive but it's the same stuff.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane
There's at least one other company selling a similar fairlead (RBS), but I like Sky's design better. Here's a review of the RBS fairlead on PBB, it's more expensive but it's the same stuff.
NICE overview and showing the difference!

btw, I loved this pic:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/billav...d/DCP_6213.JPG
Old 02-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Contributing Member

sdastg1,

Installing the winch on the TJM is pretty straightforward, so when I get a chance I'll take some pictures/do a short writeup. The hawse fairlead that comes from 4wheelparts is steel (I got the M8000 deal a couple months back. For those of you with TJM, I'd also suggest TJM's fairlead with license plate cover. The license plate holder is on a spring and flips up to reveal the hawsefairlead, which is compatable with synthetic winch line. My front license plate has been sitting in my back seat ever since I installed the winch. I think the TJM setup was ~70 bucks or so.
Old 02-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

I remember reading in another thread (I think in Wa 4ROC) that it is recommended that the frame rails be reinforced before throwing a winch on there. If this is true and someone has done it, a nice write up or a set of guidelines on what to tell the welder to do would be helpful.

ok so I guess we need to set up a group buy on hawse fairleads if the one they sent with the winch is made of steel. The TJM one is nice, but I'm not willing to dish out another $70 for it. Someone want to do the leg work for the group buy? If not I'll do something in a few weeks, don't really have time right now.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:19 AM

ok so I guess we need to set up a group buy on hawse fairleads if the one they sent with the winch is made of steel.
FYI "hawse" is a type of fairlead, they can be made of just about anything. Aluminum or UHMWPE, either will work fine. Even a steel one would work (not that I've seen one lately), but if it gets dinged up it will damage the rope. Just trying to de-muddify the waters...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

Reinforcing the frame rails is only necessary if you're running an ARB bumper up front, which bolts onto a a flimsy piece of metal that caps the rails. The TJM is mounted much more securely directly to the frame, so no additional reinforcement is necessary.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Contributing Member

So what's the status on this deal?
Old 03-01-2004, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member

yeah I was going to call him today .. but I couldn't get out of surgery. I sent him the link to this thread last week, and asked him to reply but I guess he didn't get a chance. I'll contact him in the morning, and then ask him if guys can just call him up and place your orders. cool?
Old 03-01-2004, 02:36 PM

yI'll contact him in the morning, and then ask him if guys can just call him up and place your orders. cool?
Yeup! Works for me!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Contributing Member

sweet!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member

I just got off the phone with Wayne. He said he posted here on yotatech last week. But he will do so again, and provide further instructions on how to proceed
Old 03-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

sweeet!!!! thanks for all the work
Old 03-02-2004, 11:53 AM

I just got off the phone with Wayne. He said he posted here on yotatech last week. But he will do so again, and provide further instructions on how to proceed
I know this is asking a lot, but given the level of activity on YT, it can be hard to find a new thread. The "New Threads" button seems to have new rules behind since the upgrade it as to what date/time it uses to search from.

It would be helpful if he would post into _this_ thread, since the folks that are interested are already subscribed here.

Mark
Old 03-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Contributing Member

yeah I sent him the link this thread, not just yotatech.

But just so you know if you click on "user cp", and then click on "list subscriptions" it will list all the threads you've subscribed to, making it a lot easier
Old 03-02-2004, 04:03 PM

yeah I sent him the link this thread, not just yotatech.
Cool.

But just so you know if you click on "user cp", and then click on "list subscriptions" it will list all the threads you've subscribed to, making it a lot easier
Yeup, but I was referring to if he started a new thread saying "yo, I'm here" then there's mixed chances of anyone from _this_ thread finding it.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2004, 05:58 PM

HERE's another place that sell's synthetic winch line for Western WA yotatech members.
Old 03-03-2004, 06:16 AM
Contributing Member

ok placed an order for my BL yesterday, so as soon as it gets here, I'll be taking the TJM off to install BL and the winch. So this rope needs to get here soon. I re-e-mailed Wayne the link to this thread this morning.

Arnold.-- I looked at the link you sent, but it didn't include the 10 ft of rock gaurd, r the looped ends, or a warranty. Also the size was a different size then what all the other sites were using 7/16th I beleive. I dunno, I'm not expert in this field. Just trying to get the stuff together to finish up this project, and move on to the next one.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:34 PM

Give me a call or check out our site for synthetic winch ropes. We have our own brand that are more durable, and have better heat resistance than most on the market, for a heck of a lot cheaper.

We have the same warranty as Masterpull...break it and send it back and we'll evaluate it and repair if possible. No synthetic rope company offers any better warranty than that. As for a chaff guard, we can add the nylon sleeve, but it isn't necessary. Our heat resistance allows us to run our ropes directly on the drum without a sleeve too!

The winch end of the rope is is a non-load bearing point of attachment, so a metal attachment hook is not necessary. Our rope is manufactured by the same manufacturer as Master pull and many others, we just decided to go with a slightly different rope with greater heat, UV and chaff resistance.

The orange rope has an AVERAGE work load of over 9500 lbs, with a failure point well over 26,000 lbs.

Give me a call if you have any questions.

www.bluemoonmotorsports.net
360-863-8697

Last edited by Chris J.; 03-04-2004 at 07:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Interest in a GROUP BUY for synthetic winch rope