Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Guy just offered me $30,000 for my 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll never forget this one dude that went to my high school, he was worse than the kids on that MTV show "Sweet 16." He had an H2 Hummer, Land Rover, and a Navigator. He switched it up and drove a different vehicle every day.

Anyways the kid sent me another message:

"aight man. but just think, if you sell this car you can get something new to work on... and a lot of money."
Old 10-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fo_SheeZy
I'll never forget this one dude that went to my high school, he was worse than the kids on that MTV show "Sweet 16." He had an H2 Hummer, Land Rover, and a Navigator. He switched it up and drove a different vehicle every day.

"aight man. but just think, if you sell this car you can get something new to work on... and a lot of money."
contact his parents, or tell him to eff off, thats my opinion.

my brothers friend has an amg s65, saleen mustang and escalade sxt. his father drives a porsche gt3, is a freakin slacker and doesnt even have a freakin clue about anything in life.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by paxil4x4
Take it in cash and build a "true player" ride aka an Caddy or some other big SUV.
dont get a caddy!! im tellin ya anything made by gm afer about 78 is complete crap.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang he must want your truck bad! my guess is that he needs a tricked out ride in a hurry for something or other and mommy and daddy will buy whatever he wants.

Or he is just playing a joke. But i would at least give him a chance and if it is legit you come out way ahead. You get enough $$$$ to go out and but another 4runner and all the parts you want and also get the best parts this time. But the best part is you get to build the rig again with all the $$$ you need! and i would give a LOT for that! just think you can Superchage it this time! And get some performace upgrades on it and still come out ahead!

Dang, how can you be thinking twice! lol (yeah i say that i would not think twice about mine but i know i would but it would still get sold without a doubt)
Old 10-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Drama Queen/Banned

Originally Posted by algranger
dont get a caddy!! im tellin ya anything made by gm afer about 78 is complete crap.
I think it goes back a few years further than that, maybe 71.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 PM

a LOT of good advice here...just make sure to deal with his parents DIRECTLY and ONLY his parents
Old 10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't read all the posts, but, I think this is BS.

First off, you've got to be one big dummy to turn down $30k if the guy is serious. Which, I doubt he is

If he is, sell it, and make a profit, buy 2 4runners and make them the way you want it. uhhhhhhhhh.

This is what I do for a living. I buy and sell cars. I'd have a frigging heart attack if someone was seriously going to buy a car for that much.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SC4Runner

First off, you've got to be one big dummy to turn down $30k if the guy is serious. Which, I doubt he is

If he is, sell it, and make a profit, buy 2 4runners and make them the way you want it. uhhhhhhhhh.

This is what I do for a living. I buy and sell cars. I'd have a frigging heart attack if someone was seriously going to buy a car for that much.
Well what you missed in the posts is that he very well COULD be serious about paying that much for his truck! and that if he is he is still not sure about selling it.

So yeah please help us convice him to see if he is serius and if he is to take it before the kid changes his mind!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:16 PM

Here's how I see it. I bought it for a little over $19,000. I've put about 5 to $6,000 into it.. So that's about a $5,000 dollar profit if he buys it for 30. $5 grand is a very good profit, But then if I sell it I gotta start from scratch all over again.. and that's a pain in the ass. I really like my 4Runner and the way I've built it up and I love the attention it gets. If I were to sell it I'd do just about the same things as I did before.. Now if I could have 2 4Runner's.. one offroad and one street that would be awesome.. but I couldn't afford that with ensurance, gas, and trying to customize 2 vehicles... I don't have that kind of money.. I honestly think I'll have to pass this up.

Last edited by Fo_SheeZy; 10-03-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

Here's how I see it. I bought it for a little over $19,000. I've put about 5 to $6,000 into it.. So that's about a $5,000 dollar profit if he buys it for 30. $5 grand is a very good profit, But then if I sell it I gotta start from scratch all over again.. and that's a pain in the ass. I really like my 4Runner and the way I've built it up and I love the attention it gets. If I were to sell it I'd do just about the same things as I did before.. Now if I could have 2 4Runner's.. one offroad and one street that would be awesome.. but I couldn't afford that with ensurance, gas, and trying to customize 2 vehicles... I don't have that kind of money.. I honestly think I'll have to pass this up.
But that is $5,000.00 bucks that you can put towards more stuff like a nice SC setup!

Plus since you have done it once you can do it again in half the time!

(it is your truck and you can do what you want but i still think you need your head examined, lol)
Old 10-03-2007, 08:53 PM

Yeah your right, if I buy another for like 18 or 19, then that's 12 grand I have to customize it, and that's to much to pass up. I'll message this guy tomorrow and ask him if he's serious and if his parents know about it.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:12 PM

Yeah your right, if I buy another for like 18 or 19, then that's 12 grand I have to customize it, and that's to much to pass up. I'll message this guy tomorrow and ask him if he's serious and if his parents know about it.
18-19 thousand is far too much for a 02 4runner.

If this is real, you'd be a fool to pass it up. Your car is worth no where near 30 grand.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Both the Kid and his parents are high and couldn't pass a whiz quiz.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:34 AM
Drama Queen/Banned

Originally Posted by SC4Runner

X2

I would take the money and run and like I said before if your going to build a ghetto/bling ride the last thing I would use is a 4 Runner. After all nothing coveys poor "player" in the white suburbs faster than a small SUV on 22's.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:21 AM

X2
After all nothing coveys poor "player" in the white suburbs faster than a small SUV on 22's.
Ballin on a budget mang....

Actually, most of the idiots you see acting like players at the gas station are such morons they ask me if my 15 year old BMW is "that new one"....
Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 AM

X2

I would take the money and run and like I said before if your going to build a ghetto/bling ride the last thing I would use is a 4 Runner. After all nothing coveys poor "player" in the white suburbs faster than a small SUV on 22's.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this guy is just asking for advice, not asking for comments on his 4runner.

Seriously, grow up and take it elsewhere.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

i wouldnt, ever, no less than 50k, cash and only if i know the guy wont wreck the next day, i love mine to much, i dont know about you but i wouldnt settle for that much.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:59 AM

so, any update......................................?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Spending $19k on an '02 seems like way too much. Secondly, you will NEVER get the amount of money you put into it.

If you have put $5k into it, you can't just add an extra $5k to the selling price.

But, in this case, the idiot would spend more than its even worth just for curb appeal. In which case, you should take the money and run... it makes no sense to me to pass this up. Its basically like having some guy say: "Hey -- I'll give you $10k for free... want it?" Of course, that is WAY to good to be true, so I think its somewhat BS from the kid. But, if it turns out to be real, then you're sitting pretty.

You can buy another '02 for what, $13-15k, then have $15k from your $30k deal to add even more worthless crap.

Basically what I am saying, its a win-win situation. This is more luck than anything else too. Only about 2% of stupid American's with their greed would be interested in wasting $30k on a $15k truck. Do a KBB value search on it, Im interested on what its worth. Then, add maybe $1k for your mods. What I looked up was $15k for excellent condition.

Last edited by BajaRunner; 10-04-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:16 AM

The reason why it was $19,000 is because it only had 40,000 miles on it, and I remember all the other 4Runner's I looked at with about the same mileage were around in the price range from 18,000 to 20,000.

Quick Reply: Guy just offered me $30,000 for my 4Runner