Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Finally all done..new paint...lift..wheels...tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally all done..new paint...lift..wheels...tires

Thought you guys might want to check out my Tacoma that I just finished...Im pretty new around hear some of you guys may recognize me (I had some install problems/questions with some of the OME stuff but all is good now) but anyway......Heres what I ended up with on the OME stuff. I gained 3-1/4" with the 882's...Im running manual hubs and have driven a couple hundred miles on the increased cv angle and havent noticed any problems....I gained about 3-1/4 inches on the back with the springs...ok for drivability, the 882's with my light frontend are deffinately stiff but nothing I cant handle, Im thinking they will sag some after some drive time...The rear springs kick butt...Ride better than the stock ones did....oh by the way I went with the standard shocks all the way around (comforts were on BO) I cant say enough for the MTR's...they look cool as hell...and they dont hardly make any noise at all...I havent got them to rub yet Anyway check out my link let me know what u think...

My Page
Old 05-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

Your truck looks great. Nice and clean. Std Cabs look sweet lifted.

Old 05-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Contributing Member

Thats one good looking truck! Keep up the good work!! Nice and clean looking.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:44 PM

Thanks for the good words guys and yeah I think the std cabs are pretty ugly stock. Oh yeah and I forgot to add...as far as power loss with the bigger tires I didn't notice it like I thought I would...from start to say 50 I dont hardly notice it...top end is where it suffers, some in 4th and a ton in 5th gear...5th is deff. just an overdrive gear now. Owell...as soon as I get these bills payed off Ill be searching for a 3.4L then a Supercharger...That combinations should make it move pretty well I think...Im power hungry...going from a 99 camaro SS to a toyota was quite the change.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:19 PM
Contributing Member

Very, very, very nice.
Old 05-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Lookin good! Glad to hear the 882's are working out for you.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:24 PM

Yep that trucks looks very nice. Now time for some window tint to match that black paint job
Old 05-19-2003, 05:30 PM

While were talkin tint does anybody know any good suppliers of good tint if your gonnna do it yourself...I think im gonna do 30 in the back and 50 on the sides...thanks
Old 05-19-2003, 05:44 PM

Nice looking truck you got there!
Old 05-20-2003, 04:40 AM

Now thats a truck, looking good
Old 05-20-2003, 06:11 AM

sweet looking standard cab!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 07:17 AM

AWESOME RIDE!!!!!!!

I have almost the same plans for my truck what kinda problems did u run into with the install??? what kinda dough did u fork for the complete lift kit (body and susp)?

i got tinting on my truck i got what is called onyx tint it is 40% and is dark enough for me it is more expensive but it has some reflectiuve qualities other tints dont aparently thats what they told me at the shop. . . noit sure about ohio laws but in md it can be 35 on the sides and 0 on the back but i don't recomend blacking it out in the back there cause than u can't see in duh but u also can't see whats behind you when backing at night.

just my .02 on the tinting issue

john

nice truck!!!
Old 05-20-2003, 12:55 PM

thanks for all the compliments guys....here go's john ...supposedly pre-2000 std cab tacomas have shorter leaf springs in the back than ext/dbl cab trucks...well mine happened to be the same size...measure the front eye bolt to the top rear eye bolt and if its 53-1/4" then you can use the std OME springs with no problem, if they are shorter youll need to move the rear spring mount. make sure when u get ready to do it that u go down to your toyo dealer and pick up to front (rear spring) bushings..they are like 20 dollars ea.....no problems with the rest of it other than it takes atleast 2 people to install the front coils..and they do like I stated before ride stiff if you dont have a bumper or anything and make sure u have manual hubs cause my cv angle is pretty good......the body lift is cake...what took me the most time was raising the rear bumper. what i did was switch sides with the brackets and turn them upside down notch the bolt on the rear most of the frame and drill a new hole on the front bumper hole...the fan will hit the plastic cowl peice so all i did is remove the bottom section. it will come right off..there is a little plastic tab that holds it on that needs ground off cause it gets in the way of the fan but thats about it. I like how it set the shifter down cause it doesn't feel so much like shifting a truck now. thats about all i can think of...oh if u do, do the rear springs youll need the exhaust lowering bracket. Ome has it aval. though....as far as cost...i got the ome stuff from Mike at extreme I think it was around $900. The body lift was like $120 or something from Roger Brown. anymore questions i can do my best im no expert but nothing has fallen off or broke yet
Old 05-22-2003, 07:32 AM

Yea yea yea. Been done, been done, been done. Now show us something that we have not seen before. Something worth looking at. Geezzz. Waste of space.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by williemon
Yea yea yea. Been done, been done, been done. Now show us something that we have not seen before. Something worth looking at. Geezzz. Waste of space.

Were you being serious williemon?
Old 05-22-2003, 07:48 AM

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Ok, before anyone lets loose on me, Im only kidding!! I just felt like raising a few hairs, but Im chicken and cant let that post stand on its own any longer.

That is a nice looking truck. The lift, rims and tires look to be a great match for the truck. I assume that you are going to have the windows tinted. That will look great. Look into some of the gradient tint. That may look real good on the truck. Ive only seen a few cars with that type and it looked pretty good. Theres just something about a black vehicle that screams COOL!!! Nice stereo setup you got also. I have a box with 2 10" subs in it behind the bench seat of my truck. I swap MTX Blue thunders and JL Audio 10 W1 every now and again. I will eventually put them all in. I still dont have a front stage setup yet. Im just using whatever i can find for now.

Again, really great looking truck! Later!!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

You were taking your life in your own hands. Mertztr was going to unleash his fury on you!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

Fury, yeah right...

96, I thought you were getting ready to unleash some google pics!

Old 05-22-2003, 08:01 AM
Contributing Member

Oh, I have some more. You just say the word.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:25 AM

Talking nice

Just checked out your site and have to say very nice truck. That is one of the best std cabs that I have seen. That lift looks great And I have to say that is a very clean install on the system. Keep up the goos work. later

Quick Reply: Finally all done..new paint...lift..wheels...tires