Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I know that it is an ODW thing, I just post here b/c I wanna know who from here is going seeing how I am kinda partial to this forum. I just need to make a new name for myslef on ODW I forgot the pass word I used there. LOL. I dunno, more ofr less I just wanna go and come see tons of Runners and meet with the guys that are into the same trucks that I am. I'm also trying to get a friend of mine with a huge Land Cruiser to come. I don't want to slow anyone down being 2WD if I get there and alot of people discourage the idea of me going then I won't. Hopefully there will be plenty of people that won't mind a ride along in case my LC buddy can't come.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:10 PM

There will deffintly be room to ride on trails you don't wanna do.
Old 01-30-2003, 04:10 PM

Stupid question

What is ODW?
Old 01-30-2003, 04:12 PM

Re: Stupid question

Originally posted by Mudd Runna
What is ODW?
ODW(Outdoor Wire) was the main 4Runner forum before yotatech, ODW
Old 01-30-2003, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I'll say this again, TALK TO JOE AT 4X4WIRE BEFORE YOU START PASSING OUT STICKERS. The EC4RJ was created by 4x4wire.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah I second that make sure not to steal any fire from ODW they are the originators and deserve all the credit.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by Adam F
I'll say this again, TALK TO JOE AT 4X4WIRE BEFORE YOU START PASSING OUT STICKERS. The EC4RJ was created by 4x4wire.
I agree with Adam, you shouldn't start makin stickers for a event that isn't even yotatech.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:15 PM

Originally posted by Stump1883
Yeah I second that make sure not to steal any fire from ODW they are the originators and deserve all the credit.

O.k...I just talked to someone from 4x4 Wire and.....He told me that it was not a ODW sponsered event....just that a bunch of guys that subscribe to that site decided to get together a jamboree and it just blossomed when more and more people showed interest....
Old 01-30-2003, 06:17 PM

little_joe

little_joe was his screen name....just to clarify

"Welcome!

EC4RJ is in June at Paragon (PA). It is not an OutdoorWire/4x4Wire-sponsored ride, it just grew out of the forum communities we have here. There's a group of us planning it, and it should be quite fun this year, a little more structure and a lot more wheeling than past years. Past years were a lot of fun regardless, we just outgrew the location and trails so we're trying something new."

to quote....
Old 01-30-2003, 06:18 PM

Yea its not sponsored, but ODW does plan all of it.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Adam, Eric, lets not get into a pissing match here on who originated the idea for the event or not.

I have been around the forums long enough to know that the run was a collaboration of many posters over there a few years back, but no one owns the rights to the name EC4RJ, and if someone wants to make up a sticker to signify they are going to an event, there is nothing wrong with that.

And the event is open to anyone with a Toyota from whatever forum they get the info from.
The times and places to camp at and the runs are posted over there, but as far as talking about the event here, come on, grow up.

This event can be talked about anywhere, not just on Outdoor Wire :rolleyes:
Old 01-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

Hey all,
I suppose the drawing I posted does look like the emphasis is on Pennsylvania and Paragon. However, both my ideas posted are on a white background. If made, the decals would have a clear background. So, I figured, against a dark (such as window) background, the light gray part would show better than the dark red or blue. That's just my thoughts on that though, so if you all have a better idea, let me know. I'll try to make a refined version tomorrow. Probably leave out Pennsylvania all together. I dunno. I'll definitely put the 4Runner back in too.

I'll try and get an email off to the guy at ODW. Just to keep everybody on right terms with each other.

Well, have fun all.
DH6twinotter
Old 01-30-2003, 08:03 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Originally posted by EClayton08
Yea its not sponsored, but ODW does plan all of it.
Yes yes, we know for the 15th time already..
Old 01-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Contributing Member

dont instigate clayton, its not like YotaTech is stealing anything away from 4x4wire.com :rolleyes:
Old 01-31-2003, 09:19 AM

Help with sign-up

Sorry but I just didn't feel like reading the whole thread...but where do I sign up?? I went to Paragon's site and there is virtually no info on the event. I am only about 2 hours from Paragon and go there frequently with my '94 PU...but will bring the '88 Runner for this, obviously!!

I would appreciate if someone would e-mail me contact info: Greg's e-mail

ALSO...I'm just throwing this out there...my Father has a house in the Poconos and that's where we usually stay when we go to Paragon. It's about 30 min. from the park. The house sleeps 8 comfortably in beds....and room for more on the floor. SO, anyone out of town that would maybe wanna save some money for a hotel and hang with me at the house, send me an e-mail and let me know what you think. Greg's e-mail

I know the offer may sound kinda weird since I don't know any of you, but how bad could you be, you own a 4Runner, right??!?!

Let me know. Thanks.

Greg
MY SITE
Old 01-31-2003, 09:59 AM

I agree that there is no point in getting angry over 4Wheelin!! It's supposed to be fun! and on top of it all, it's Wheelin with YOTA OWNERS!!! HELLS JEAH!

EC, you said that 2WD's should reconsider actually wheelin the trails, well I am 4WD, but mostly stock minus new tires. Are there gonna be "moderate" trails? I know the 4Runner Jamboree that All Pro Offroad throws has 2 trails for stocker's that are "moderate" I would hate to drive all the way from IN, not to get to wheel!

~Mike
Old 01-31-2003, 10:08 AM
Contributing Member

Hey all,
I sent an email off to Joe at ODW last night. Haven't heard back from him yet. I'll let you all know what I find out.

Here's my latest attempt on the decal. I incorporated Turboale's ideas into it. I did add Paragon though. I put a black back ground on it so you all would understand what I was saying earlier a bit better. If you still want me to change the colors or whatever, just let me know. No problem.

Corey--Is there any way of moving all the decal related posts from this tread to a new one? I guess I should have started a new one to begin with, but I didn't think I would be posting this many pics and stuff here. If the decal posts were to cause some flame baits, I wouldn't want to be partly responsible for getting the orginal topic of this thread locked.

My apologies to Stump1883 for running all over his thread.

Well, thanks all. Here's the pic:
Have fun.
DH6twinotter
Attached Thumbnails East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????-picture-2.gif  
Old 01-31-2003, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although I cannot speak for Eric or Adam, it seems that the gripe is that the run started on that board, most of the people who are planning the event are regulars on that board and darn near all the info regarding the event is on that board.

If the info is consolidated in to one place already, why not look there to find it rather than propogating complete falshehoods and half truths?

There is no match to be had, it started there. The letters are not copyrighted nor is it sponsored by ODW, but that is where the majority of the planning is going on and likely where it will stay.

I am a member of the Toyota Bulletin Board Community, posting where I please, but seriously this is already handled well in one place.

How is that for a thread killer?
Old 01-31-2003, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Preach on, Brotha Adrian!

Check out the new avitar!! (thats last years sticker that Chad Burton, notrub on 4x4wire, paid for and brought to the 2k2 ec4rj)

Last edited by Adam F; 01-31-2003 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:15 PM

Why your makin the stickers why not put 1 of each gens on it, 1st 2nd and 3rd, no 4th gen!! Oh yea, I vote mine for the 3rd gen,

Also my 4Runner is NOT *tight*, its badass.

Quick Reply: East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????