95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by turboale
hehe, a few rims? Hope you can get all four
Yeah, I hope so too. If not, maybe I could just get 2 and put them on the same side of the truck. Nobody would ever know. (unless, of course, somebody watched me roll over or something--whoops there goes the shinny rims, wait no, now for the old paint pealing rims, wait here comes the shinny rims around.....whoops here comes the old paint pealing ones coming around again.........) lol.

Seriously though, I was just reading Paragon's (sp?) web site. It says that we need to have a CB, FM, or a cell phone. I will have a CB installed by then too, so I just thought I'd post that for those that didn't see it. Dumb question: What's FM? I know your car stereo has FM, but is that what they are talking about?

Also, the web site says that we need to have a flag at least 1' above the vehicle. Can we make our own, or does it have to be one of theirs?

Well, that's it.
Have fun all.
DH6twinotter
Old 01-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Contributing Member

Ok here's my idea for a decal.

Ahhhh! Retarded PC (could be me though). Ok, I'll give this another try.

Can somebody help me please. :rolleyes: How in the world do I attach a pic from file?!?

*sigh*
Have fun all.
DH6twinotter
Attached Thumbnails East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????-ect4j.jpg  

Last edited by DH6twinotter; 01-28-2003 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

I got it. Woohoo! Good for me! lol Fist time I ever put a pic on here. Now to figure out how to put in below my username. :confused:

Everything that's white on the attachement is suppose to be clear when applied on the window. The only thing that would be white is the highlights on the hills. I guess it looks a bit contemporary or whatever, but oh well.

Have fun all.
DH6twinotter
Old 01-28-2003, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah, FM should be the reffering to the FM on your car stereo. I like the Decal, but what about making the penn a bit darker to give it a little more pop...?

This is completely constructive critisism, and my opnion... but the way its setup it seems the focal point is the Pennsylvania... shouldn't the 4Runner Jamboree be the focal point? What if you swapped the east coast on the top then the 4Runner Jamboree in the middle and have the penn at the bottom and maybe smaller font? sorry... i just completed a 2D design class so I look at this stuff way too much, but Just thought I would share...

Last edited by turboale; 01-28-2003 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Messin' around, and made a clear GIF out of it, and cropped it.
Did it fast, and it's a little pixelated.

Cool design though, bit I agree with Turbo on the layout of it.
It will draw more attention to it.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Contributing Member

Okay fortose who wanted to know prices as of yet, there was a post on 4x4wire that got some things straight. Or at least the camping charge, the charge for the trail use isn't set yet. Camping seems like the way to go if you don't mind doing it, and the only real expese is going to be the gas to get there, be there and get home. I know that it's gona cost me an arm an a leg in gas for that weekend, but that is why I got at least one guy coming with me, maybe two, then they can chip in on the gas bill

Okay enought yapp'n here's the link
Old 01-28-2003, 05:37 PM

Lightbulb

hey guys i work for a sign company and can make that little thing up there you made into a vynil decal lmk! i make mad sticker for my ride and about 20 of my friends rids + im going to the jamboree so i could sell them there or whatever lmk!! my e-mail is BMXer251@aol.com
Old 01-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Contributing Member

That would be awsome, I'm not reayl a big fan of decals and stickers on my rig but I really wouldn't mind having at least one showing that "I was there", LOL, sorry I can be a dork sometimes.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure you clear any stickers through Joe@4x4wire first. Remember it was created by 4x4wire.

Last edited by Adam F; 01-30-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for all the comliments you all. I'm no pro at this kind of stuff and thought the quality wasn't that good. I just thought I'd give it a shoot. I'll try to change that stuff around like you all mentioned. I should be able to do that at school after class. Thanks for the suggestions.

Would it look better if the water would be clear and the mountains dark grey? Wouldn't be that many colors. Maybe I'll give that a try too. I'd like to add Paragon somewhere on there too.

I was thinking about just printing a bunch up on some clear sticky paper on my printer. Would be sort of a temporary thing. If you all want something that would last longer than I or somebody else could get some prices on what it would cost at a sign shop. I dunno. Doesn't matter to me.

Corey or anybody else--How do you make a Clear GIF? I was using a some drawing program that comes with Microsoft Office (forget what it was called).

PROTOTYPE2--You have 20 friends going with you to the Jamboree?!? That would be aweseme. Are you down south area?

Well, have fun all. Thanks for all the suggestions.
DH6twinotter
Old 01-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Oh, I had another question: Is the $35 to ride on the trail(s) the rate per day, or for the whole time we are there?
Old 01-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

DH, I just got Photoshop recently, and have not mastered it yet.

However, when I do make clear GIFs like my avatar here, and other projects I work on, I use Animation Factory.

Look in their tool bar for the "Tools" area.
From there you can upload your GIF from your PC to them.

A screen will pop up then and on it you will see "Edit."
Choose transparent from the menu, then click on the surrounding edge of the pic to get rid of the color.

That is what I did with the picture above.
It's real simple to use, and does a good job.
You can also choose to change the size of the pic also.

I wish Photoshop was as easy as that to clear a GIF.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Contributing Member

I dunno still ahven't heard anything about trail rates yet. Where did you see that price at. If you saw that on th Paragorn website then that's not the set price for us yet I think that people ae still trying to get a discount for the Jamboree, so that since we are bringing so many trucks to the park that they will give us a nice group discount.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:51 PM

hey DH, I don't know if you remember, but when they were tryin to make the Yotatech decals, they had problems with a copyright and Toyota, and so "Toyota", and "4Runner" were not allowed on the stickers.

Just so ya know

~Mike

Old 01-30-2003, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Stump1883
I dunno still ahven't heard anything about trail rates yet. Where did you see that price at. If you saw that on th Paragorn website then that's not the set price for us yet I think that people ae still trying to get a discount for the Jamboree, so that since we are bringing so many trucks to the park that they will give us a nice group discount.
Yeah, I got that price from their web site. I don't know if it was per day rate or the total for the 3 days. It would be awesome if they could get it lower!

Originally posted by INsr5runner
hey DH, I don't know if you remember, but when they were tryin to make the Yotatech decals, they had problems with a copyright and Toyota, and so "Toyota", and "4Runner" were not allowed on the stickers.
I was wondering about that. That's why I didn't put "Toyota" any where on the design. I didn't know they had issues with 4Runner though. Any ideas on what to do? Should I just shorten it to Runner? Or, maybe Foreigner? They would never guess that.

I'll try to have a new version of that decal up in a bit.

Well, have fun.
DH6twinotter
Old 01-30-2003, 07:01 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I think you will be fine with 4Runner on it.

Now these guy's have Toyota plastered all over their gear, and they get away with it.
You could probably do the same.

I am curious how they do it, yet I was told we could not have the word Toyota here.
Oh well, personally I don't think Toyota is going to do anything anyway.
Do they really want to squabble about something so mediocre as the word Toyota on some enthusiast stickers?

They'd get an awfully bad rap, just like Jeep did for suing that one guy with a personal Jeep website.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:38 AM
Contributing Member

Well, I got another similar design done. It has mostly different colors and the words and stuff in a different place. The folks in the computer lab kicked me off the web because they though I was on a chat room. So, I didn't get a chance to read you all suggestion again (yeah I forgot) to incorporate them on the design. Anyhow, here's my latest attempt. Yeah, I know I spelled Paragon wrong.

I'll try work on it again tomorrow.

Have fun all.
DH6twinotter
Attached Thumbnails East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????-picture1.gif  
Old 01-30-2003, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

You really have a thing for PA don't you? You can barely see the jamboree part compared to PA. I definately want the 4Runner part in too... all the jeep guys get Jeep Jamboree stuff all the time... we diserve the same!!
Old 01-30-2003, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by turboale
You really have a thing for PA don't you? You can barely see the jamboree part compared to PA. I definately want the 4Runner part in too... all the jeep guys get Jeep Jamboree stuff all the time... we diserve the same!!

AMEN!!!
Old 01-30-2003, 02:51 PM

I'll be goin with the SC and GA group.

As for the 2WDs, I think you should reconsider actually wheelin on the trail, espically if you don't have a locker. More than likely you will be tugged on most of the trails and take up a lot of time, even tho there are stocker trails, I dont think there will be many 2WD capable trails.

Also you should really post on ODW if your going or not, it IS a ODW ride after all, not yotatech.:rolleyes:

Quick Reply: East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????