Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 01:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????

Is anyone from this forum going, read a past thread about it over at 4x4wire and was jus wondering who on this forum was thnking about making the trek up there to Paragorn?

And if anyone from NCwas going up there, I would love to hook up with ya for the trip. Is there any kind of cravan of Runners heading up there that I could join maybe.

This would be my very first one, I've only had my Runner for about a year now and would love to hook upwith some people from the forum and meet some other Runner owners. I'm so excied, now only if Home Depot will give me the time off.
Old 01-15-2003, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member

hey man-
im thinkin about going. im in georgia, and from what i understand, there will be a convoy of about 7 rigs going from the southeast. i still dont know for sure though....it would be real fun . i too have only had my runner a year, and it would be exciting to see how it compares
Old 01-15-2003, 02:41 PM

I'm in East TN! Where's this thing at?

Chris
Old 01-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

a place in PA called Paragon here is a link to their website. go to calender then click on the june month, you will see what dates the ec4rj takes place (20-22). hope this helps
Old 01-15-2003, 04:36 PM

There is a group going from Va. and Md. if you want to meet up here?
Old 01-15-2003, 04:37 PM

Little too far for me, but thanks for letting us know!
Old 01-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Banned

I was hoping to make it out but it just isn't going to happen. 3400 miles round trip is way too far to go to try to get stuck in east cost mud. I'll have to be content with my backyard full of big tasty rocks and stuff within 1000 miles from home.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Dang it, are you absolutley sure that you can't make it, I was really wanting to see some BIG 1st gen from this forum out there. But it's all good, we just need to get some things set-up and straighten out for sure, b/c I'm already excited just thinking about it. Does anyone know any cost for this thing, or maybe how muc last years EC4RJ cost
Old 01-16-2003, 10:08 AM

I will definitely be there if I can convince my parents that Im responsible enough to get the rig home without any problems. I was thinking maybe the NC guys could join the SC and GA people on their way up. Can't wait.

Dave
Old 01-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Stump1883
Dang it, are you absolutley sure that you can't make it, I was really wanting to see some BIG 1st gen from this forum out there. But it's all good, we just need to get some things set-up and straighten out for sure, b/c I'm already excited just thinking about it. Does anyone know any cost for this thing, or maybe how muc last years EC4RJ cost
I'm sure but I am not really a BIG 1st gen. '32s, no suspension lift. I am taking donations for airfare and 4Runner rental though.

The cost to get into the park is $35 per vehicle and driver per day. Last year's EC4RJ was free since it was all in National Forest.
Old 01-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind going. Sounds cool. Only problem is that I'm 2wd. :cry: I'm from NC though. Trip would be fun. As of now, I'm not sure if I can go. I will see. Maybe by June I can have some rims and tires on my rig, so at least it won't LOOK to wimpy. I'll have to see if I can get off work too.

How many days is it, and are we going to be camping out while up there? Would us NC folk be driving all the way through (how far is that?)? Is it mostly off roading and stuff like that?

Well, I would really love to go. I'll have to see what I can do to my rig and see how well my tranny is holding up by then.
It would be several months before I would know for sure.
Have fun all.
DH6twinotter

Now excepting donations for new tranny.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:17 AM

I too would like to know some details about lodging and whatnot
I tried that link, but the calandar has no description for what goes on.

If I make the trip, it'd be a looong 1200miles round trip! But I'm always up for meeting fellow 'runners!

would anyone be able to meet up with me on my way out there?

Mike
Old 01-16-2003, 05:41 PM

Exclamation HELP~!!!

hey im in MD. and i wanna go come on guys could you send me some info on whats going on? at BMXer251@aol.com please!:cry:
Old 01-16-2003, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Taken from the link below:

The 2003 East Coast 4Runner Jamboree will be held the weekend of June 20-22, 2003 at Paragon Adventure Park in Hazelton, PA.

Details on camping, hotels, costs, etc. are still being finalized - so we can't provide firm answers yet. As soon as these things are nailed down, they will be announced.

http://www.4x4wire.com/ubb/ultimateb...;f=13;t=014481

If things go right, you will see MY big first gen there. Might only be rolling on 31's with a solid axle and 8" of lift!!
Old 01-17-2003, 07:44 AM

Hey, that is near me. I can make it there in about an hour and 15 minutes. I pass it on the way to my cabin. I never knew. Very cool!!! :fireman:
Old 01-17-2003, 08:07 AM

Location: Far western Kentucky (transplanted from central PA)
Originally posted by BTOWN4RUNNER
Hey, that is near me. I can make it there in about an hour and 15 minutes. I pass it on the way to my cabin. I never knew. Very cool!!! :fireman:
I probably will be going past you within a few miles, if I go. Maybe we can get a caravan going...
Old 01-17-2003, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

Hey DH6twinotter, don't worry about being 2WD, man I am too an so is Prolax13, but we both relyl wanna go. I love pushing 2WD to it's limits, I can honestly say I have never been stck but once and that was only for about 3 min, until I got my rear wheels on thr ground out of a 3wheel stance. Be proud you have a Runenr no matter what kinda drive it is. But I can't say too much /c I do suffer from 4W envy. I'm not to sure about what is going on but I don't really care, wheel'n and talking to other Runner guys is enough for me. But I will definatley be doing my best to get up there, we will see where spring break and a few summer trips leave me financiall first.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:50 PM

Well this isnt working too well. I bring the thing up with my mom and whats her response? She laughs. I guess I still dont have her trust when it comes to taking a road-trip about 1000? miles to meet up with strangers. But hell, it may just take some time. On the other hand, my dad's been looking into selling his car and buying a nice Taco, so depending on if they are present at the EC4RJ, he might want to go with me. Wish me luck. Btw, as Stump said, I also have a 2WD and suffer from envy, but hell, its a 4Runner and it looks cool as ˟˟˟˟. What have I got to complain for?

Later,
Dave
Old 01-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member

My parents thought the same way. They said if one of my friends go with me it would probably be ok. I'll just have to see if one of my friends wanna go. I need to figure out the costs before I do that. :confused:

Is there only going to be offroading while up there? Anything for us folks that wanna go to meet other folks, but don't want our trucks bashed up? (ok, ok. Spank me with a wet noodle )

Well, have fun.
DH6twinotter
Old 01-20-2003, 06:55 AM
Contributing Member

Well there is 3 2WD that wanna go now. My parents have no say so any more in what I do with my truck. They actually like that I off-road it. My dad loves the lift and now wants a Tundra, and wants to lift it right after he gets it. So if you guys can get your parents to give ya the okay lets all head up there together. I'm bringing one of my friends to povide company on the long haul, and also because he is a huge 4wheel'n nut like I am.

Quick Reply: East Coast 4Runner Jamoboree????