Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Draged raced a WRX today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 08:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hmmm.....

i expected you to say

( im sorry i assumed how much power your truck was making and i also assumed which model you had and the curb wieght, but i was wrong and will never say that a stock mustang gt is anything special ever again for any reason )

now about the cobra-- the last time i was at the track one of those ran a 13 sec quarter-- not that amazing if you ask me. and i have also never personally seen a 9 second mustang ever ( where have you seen one? ) im going back to the track on wednesday to get another timeslip because some of the people here refuse to believe that a modified toyota truck can beat a mustang. Thats just stupid, mustang owners should acknowledge the truth that they have a stock vehicle, there are plenty of ways to make cars faster than those-- ps, why do you think they have so many derogatory nicknames????? crustang, crap-stain, wustang, etc. ever heard a derogatory name for a supra?? didnt think so.

just waitll wednesday, ill have a neato timeslip for you and ill try to race an 03 mustang gt just for you! that is if i can convince the v8 boyz that my lil' rice burner wont make them look bad in front of their girlfriend.

Tim
Old 05-05-2003, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF you somehow manage to actually run a low 13 sec time that still doesnt explain your post that you beat a Cobra up to 147mph and that you have the plush truck suspension that drives so much better than the Mustangs (hahahaha) i'm not a Mustang owner anymore, and plenty of cars could have beaten my old car, but not your pickup to 147mph i will guaranteeeeeeeeeee! And you also would not have stood a chance against it on a road course either. Go play with the ricers and stop bringing Supras into this, no one has disgraced Supras, they ARE bad arse and i do like them.

p.s. You need to admit that you were blowing hot air when you pronounced that you beat a Cobra up to 147mph
Old 05-05-2003, 10:55 AM

p.s. I never said Mustang GT's were special, they're not, but they are quick and are fun

Now if i were to be asked about an 03 Cobra, Z06, Viper, and yes even a Supra i would say they are special
Old 05-05-2003, 04:08 PM

Ive ridden in a blown seqoia with a v8... Man is it fast and has a great whining sound! I want one for my 4runner!
Old 05-05-2003, 05:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you guarantee huh-- wow thats a strong claim

so when i beat another mustang, do i get my money back from your guarantee?? just wait a few days and ill have a timeslip for you. And not just for you, for everyone that wants to see proof. by the way, even if i do beat a mustang GT and go 147, you will still probably not believe it huh! must be a magic trick or something right! The only thing a stock mustang could beat my truck at is the amount of time it takes to break something and go back to the dealership. maybe it could also win the "most electrical and quality control problems of any foriegn or domestic vehicle" contest

I dont need to convince you that my truck is fast-- its just nice to have proof online so i can say told ya so! ford products are crap.

im going to the sacramento raceway on wednesday, if anyone would care to see my slow rice-powered taco crawl down the track and hobble away broken hearted at the mere mention of the word MUSTANG!!
Old 05-05-2003, 06:53 PM

Originally posted by Duffdog
crustang, crap-stain, wustang, etc. ever heard a derogatory name for a supra?? didnt think so.
just waitll wednesday, ill have a neato timeslip for you and ill try to race an 03 mustang gt just for you! that is if i can convince the v8 boyz that my lil' rice burner wont make them look bad in front of their girlfriend.
Tim
HAHAHAHAHA!! Are you kidding??!! Nobody doubts that
you beat a Mustang, I doubt that you beat a Cobra. But if you did who cares at this
point, its obvious that you aren't mature enough or apparently experienced
enough to carry on a grown up conversation about fast cars.
Supras are slow stock. A friend of mine has a Supra, he put all this money into it and thinks its fast because he ran the same time as a stock 5.0 it was like 14.7 they are good cars but you have to make them
fast, just like anything else with lots of time and money.
An old fox body pushrod 5.0 stang (pre94's) will run 12's stock with minimal
mods and a 100 shot. You would have to spend a LOT more money
to make a supra do the same. My fox body 5.0 will run 12's n/a and I like it
that way, no super charger, no nitrous, all motor. You wouldn't believe
how much punishment a fox body stang can take, thats why so many serious
drag racers use them, and the pushrod 305 is a
proven 200k+ motor so the quality is there, not so sure about other ford products.
Just a note of advice most serious car guys respect other car guys that
have fast cars and work hard at making them fast whether they are a domestic
or import there is a mutual respect. "Ricers" are ricers because they dont have that
respect and they are basically ignorant to everything else thats out there, they are usualy dumb highschool kids who just dont know any better. My girlfriends brother in law has a 9 second fox body stang. I dont know where youve been hiding but there are many 9 and 8 second stangs around the country they are far from stock though just like any other 8 and 9 second car.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:14 AM
Contributing Member

WOW this board sure turned defensive over the past week! This post and the one about "supercharger race stories" have sure made it a "pissing match"!!

My thoughts:
-No matter what, there will always a faster car (of the same model) somewhere out there.
-Pretty much any car can be fast depending on how much money is put into it.
-Races are mostly driver skill, yes the vehicle plays a part in it, but a crappy driver in a fast car can still lose to a skilled driver in a slower car.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

I didn't want to say it but yeah... this has totally turned into a pissing match

I wonder if we could find any smilies that are like that
Old 05-06-2003, 03:12 PM

Just a fyi, supra's are NOT slow stock. I raced a brand spanking new c5 vette last year in a bone stock '94 Supra tt that had over 140k miles on it, and easily walked away on the freeway.

My supra on stock twins went 12.2@119mph

I also easily left vipers on the freeway, no n20, no single kit, just a supra with basic mods.

A Viper on a 200 shot is no joke, no doubt, but remember I still had cold a/c, which I hear many vipers don't have right off the showroom floor.

At the end of the day, there is always another car/truck/scooter faster than you.

Proof: I had a race set up with a '90 Fox body mudslang. Little did I know he was running a SC'd 357 with a 200 shot. He took me by almost two cars to 110mph.

Later I find he was a low 11 sec mustang in the 120mph range.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Contributing Member

LOL, so you were the Supra I beat in my Civic?

Hey PHX, you ever go to Firebird? My friend and I are planning on making a trip out there on import night. He just got a new Matrix.

Not sure if they will let 4Runners out there, but I want to see where I stand. You down? Maybe we could get a AZ Toyota race night going sometime. Expensive, but fun.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by Icepick
ur insane do u know that? Not trying to name call but WOW. I have a great video of a 10 sec Supra that ran his mouth way too much about being a Viper Killer even had a license plate that said it. He was beat fair and square at the track 4 times in a row by said Viper. Do you know what a Viper GTS with only a 200 shot runs? Tens that's what. Yes i do know plenty of people with highly modified "Rustangs" that will hand many ricers their arse. However we all know that many vehicles can be made very fast with enough money, i've seen a civic (body was only stock part on it) beat a Viper GTS. SO WHAT, lol

However i would love to have seen you race a Cobra at a track, you would lose i will guarantee you of it.

03 Cobras production was stopped for a couple of weeks to fix a problem, they ARE back in production. And as an American i'm proud to hear that blower whine.

You need to take you truck to the track and get a timeslip, don't streetrace, especially in an unaerodynamic truck at those speeds, thats just plain stupid.

And to give you an idea im not talking out of my butt i took my truck to Mosoro a couple of weeks after buying it just to run it down the strip for the heck of it, wanna see my times?

60' 2.548
1/8 11.302
mph 61.85
1000' 14.702
1/4 17.592
mph 77.78

NOS is for cheaters!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

and the pushrod 305
is a horrible motor. now the 302 (ford) was a good motor.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by <96 Runner>
LOL, so you were the Supra I beat in my Civic?

Hey PHX, you ever go to Firebird? My friend and I are planning on making a trip out there on import night. He just got a new Matrix.

Not sure if they will let 4Runners out there, but I want to see where I stand. You down? Maybe we could get a AZ Toyota race night going sometime. Expensive, but fun.
I used to go all the time, but now I think I'd be depressed to take that long to go through the lights I am down to go out though, I still have a few friends with fast stuff
Old 05-06-2003, 03:53 PM

Originally posted by PhxTRDRunner
Just a fyi, supra's are NOT slow stock. I raced a brand spanking new c5 vette last year in a bone stock '94 Supra tt that had over 140k miles on it, and easily walked away on the freeway.
My supra on stock twins went 12.2@119mph

I also easily left vipers on the freeway, no n20, no single kit, just a supra with basic mods.
A Viper on a 200 shot is no joke, no doubt, but remember I still had cold a/c, which I hear many vipers don't have right off the showroom floor.
At the end of the day, there is always another car/truck/scooter faster than you.
Proof: I had a race set up with a '90 Fox body mudslang. Little did I know he was running a SC'd 357 with a 200 shot. He took me by almost two cars to 110mph.
Later I find he was a low 11 sec mustang in the 120mph range.
Ok, I know I was way off with my comment about supras I know there are some amazing supras, the twin turbos are killer, they can make some insane horsepower too. This guys car is an older supra, he did an engine swap with a single turbo, its still a nice car just not as fast as he thought it might be after seeing the fast and the furious hahahaha. I know a guy that is running 11's with an n/a 351 in a fox body so unless whomever you
are talking about you supposedly raced was traction challenged or something
he should be doing a lot better than 11's with a 357 (is that a stroked 351?) s/c and a 200 shot?!
Old 05-06-2003, 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Daniel
Ok, I know I was way off with my comment about supras I know there are some amazing supras, the twin turbos are killer, they can make some insane horsepower too. This guys car is an older supra, he did an engine swap with a single turbo, its still a nice car just not as fast as he thought it might be after seeing the fast and the furious hahahaha. I know a guy that is running 11's with an n/a 351 in a fox body so unless whomever you
are talking about you supposedly raced was traction challenged or something
he should be doing a lot better than 11's with a 357 (is that a stroked 351?) s/c and a 200 shot?!
Ahh, no it was a 351, haha I forget my ford engines sometimes!! We raced on the street, both street tires, he was spinning all the way up through 3rd gear and probably 4th gear.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by joez
is a horrible motor. now the 302 (ford) was a good motor.
BWUHAHAHAHA! Your right im making all sorts of stupid mistakes in that post, sorry
I didnt mean the GM 305 dawwg. My 5.0 motor is actualy bored out to a 306, thats not a dumbass
typo in my sig

Last edited by Daniel; 05-06-2003 at 04:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Contributing Member

meh, it happens.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:49 PM

Duffdog -- I'm all for fast trucks on the street, but you better make sure your tires can handle 147....that really really really is a safety concern. 147 is what....Z rated? ZR maybe?
Old 05-07-2003, 10:53 AM

Actually he said he has 17" racing tires

If he knew anything about it at all he would know that real racers use a smaller dimension rim so that they can have a tire with a taller sidewall thus giving them more flex and traction when deflated a little bit. I know plenty of folks who have ditched their 17" rims in favor of 15" rims.

But alas, maybe he is an extremely good driver and traction issues really don't matter. But trying to get 300hp to the ground with only a lightweight bed over the tires would be difficult indeed. In my Mustang I had to feather the clutch just trying to launch with 260hp and limited slip differential turning both 245/45 17r's and i still couldnt get it right and spun through first gear most of the time and a small portion of second.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

Wow! A thread that started in Dec. 2002 has been completely revived.

Quick Reply: Draged raced a WRX today...