Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Draged raced a WRX today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RicNkc
i love them WRX, if i ever got a car, i think that would be it, but i could never give up the runner, ive had 2 people offer to buy it, some people just dont understand the word NO, lol, its not for sale...
Ric
That's because you have the Highlander Ed. Everyone loves that model. I swear, that hood scoop turns more heads...

Very sharp looking. Me want scoop.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by L33T35T 4Runner
reminds me of that dodge commercial "hey, you got a hemi in that?"
I thought that was a Preparation-H commercial.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by TuffToy
I hate RiceRockets who think they are fast. When I am riding wtih my friend in his 2002 Mustang GT, everytime he pulls up to a redlight and a Ricerocket is beside him they rev at him and want to race and we blow their doors off haha, Then sometimes they get pissed off and use Nitrous and he has a 4.10 gear and he still beats them. :eek: I would love to see A Toyota truck beat them. My friend has a 3.4 TRD Supercharged Taco too but it's an automatic but still pretty fast, 265 HP with the Supercharger.
i hate to burst your bubble but i doubt your friends mustang GT could beat alot of so called rice rockets.....

shall i name a few?

Nissan Skyline GT-R
Mazada RX-7 twin turbo

not to mention my friends lexus IS300 that is running the 1/4 mile in 10.5 secs

there are alot of posers out there, but people you can tell who the people are that put alot of time into their cars.... theyll kill any domestic out there.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:26 PM

sorry
Old 05-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Contributing Member

those skylines and RX-7s are no rice rockets
Old 05-03-2003, 05:12 AM

I just hate the guys who put on 18-20" rims, the coffee can muffler, and lower their car to the ground, then think they are hot $#@%. One of these days I might "accidently" drive up on their hoods.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:41 AM

Originally posted by Duffdog
ha ha...

I like the mustang GT post-- I raced my 4x2 taco against a mustang cobra on I-80 and whipped the crap out of it... you should have seen the look on HIS face. Especially since i removed the governor, we took it all the way out to 147 ( my max speed at redline ) with my truck just a little bit in front the whole way!-- ok maybe i shouldnt say i beat it by a lot, but it didnt beat me in any gear. There is nothing i hate more than stock domestic car owners thinking that their cars are faster than anything on the road just because it has 8 cylinders. glad to hear that story about the WRX--but those cars are crazy around corners.

Tim
I'll tell you, thats very impressive, i just got rid of my 2002 Mustang GT and there's no way in hell a 265hp 3500 truck could have beat my 260hp 3200 car with 300lbs of torque up to 100mph, much less up to 147. I took that car up to 145 and it was scary, i would love to see the look on someones face doing 147 in a pickup. Keep in mind that is only a GT, the 01 Cobras came with 320hp and destroyed my GT, I'll guarantee you there's no way a supercharged taco 3.4 will beat any Cobra (cept for maybe the 15 year old (fox body) stangs. I've seen alot of them from 95 (aftermarket installs) up to the 03 (factory installed s/c) and they all have no less than 400hp. As a matter of fact i have some videos of many mustangs racing, some win, some lose, but never have they lost to a truck, The famous Cyclones with awd were great 0-60 but they still couldnt beat many cars up to 140ish because of aerodynamics.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by atarinaper
but people you can tell who the people are that put alot of time into their cars.... theyll kill any domestic out there.
The only time these people put into their cars is the time they sit in the waiting room at the local riceburner supe-up shop. Most of the idiots I see and know who have those rediculous P'sOS only know the words to use to throw around and act like they know what they have. If you corner them and ask specifics you can usually get it out of them they they paid some shop to install everything for them and all they know how to do is jerk the wheel right and left and apply pressure to the pedals, oh, and also maybe when to hit the button, only because the shop guy told them when to hit it.
Old 05-03-2003, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by keisur
The only time these people put into their cars is the time they sit in the waiting room at the local riceburner supe-up shop. Most of the idiots I see and know who have those rediculous P'sOS only know the words to use to throw around and act like they know what they have. If you corner them and ask specifics you can usually get it out of them they they paid some shop to install everything for them and all they know how to do is jerk the wheel right and left and apply pressure to the pedals, oh, and also maybe when to hit the button, only because the shop guy told them when to hit it.
i dont know about that... most people i know have put alot of money into their cars and done the work themselves.... maybe youve just met too many idiots.

I know for a fact that over half of my friends that have "rice rockets" could own a mustang Cobra nevermind a GT
Old 05-03-2003, 05:48 PM

Originally posted by atarinaper

I know for a fact that over half of my friends that have "rice rockets" could own a mustang Cobra nevermind a GT
hahahahahaha, very funny, however not likely. Been to any dragstrips lately? Only highly modified imports will beat an 03 Cobra. Maybe you should stop listening to ricers about all the races they say they win, go to the drag strip and watch most of them lose to American Muscle (Cobras, Vipers and LS1's, don't even make me mention Lightning pickups that run in the 12's with a pulley swap and chip)
Old 05-03-2003, 05:48 PM

Having owned a few fast cars myself, I thought I would add that in my experience ALL mustangs '94-'98 are the laughing stock of the racing community. They are almost NEVER fast, and a "fast" one of those years will bearly break into the 12s, woofrickinhoo... The new ones are better, but with the great quality control down at ford, sounds like no more Cobra's will be produced anytime soon and those that already went out can hardly go down the road at 55mph! :eek:

fyi ~ my ricerburner eclipse NEVER ONCE lost to ANY domestic, EVER. Including a SC'd charger (70's era) and so many fbody's and 'stangs I can't even count.

11s at 120mph....got rice?
Old 05-03-2003, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'll tell you, thats very impressive, i just got rid of my 2002 Mustang GT and there's no way in hell a 265hp 3500 truck could have beat my 260hp 3200 car with 300lbs of torque up to 100mph, much less up to 147. I took that car up to 145 and it was scary, i would love to see the look on someones face doing 147 in a pickup. Keep in mind that is only a GT, the 01 Cobras came with 320hp and destroyed my GT, I'll guarantee you there's no way a supercharged taco 3.4 will beat any Cobra (cept for maybe the 15 year old (fox body) stangs. I've seen alot of them from 95 (aftermarket installs) up to the 03 (factory installed s/c) and they all have no less than 400hp. As a matter of fact i have some videos of many mustangs racing, some win, some lose, but never have they lost to a truck, The famous Cyclones with awd were great 0-60 but they still couldnt beat many cars up to 140ish because of aerodynamics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well thats cool, but the problem with your argument is that you claim to know how much power my truck is making and the curb wieght also ( your wrong on both accounts )
i make 300 at the flywheel and my truck wieghs less than a mustang by 450lbs-- i have the 2wd, no 4wd parts and less wind drag. not to mention that im running 45series tires on 17" rims.

The mustang could have been a poser with all cobra crap and no engine ( all the wings and body kits and emblems and such ) but ive never seen a mustang do anything amazing at a track. lowest i ever saw out of a crustang was an 11.9 with 14" wide tires and a blower.

the reason your car is scary at 140mph is because it was a domestic car and it probably shakes a lot. My truck doesnt shake at all-- smoother than butter, the problem is that i run out of rpms before i run out of power-- if i had a 6th gear, i could go much faster.

tim
( by the way, supras with the governor removed can go over 200mph )
Old 05-03-2003, 07:52 PM

ur insane do u know that? Not trying to name call but WOW. I have a great video of a 10 sec Supra that ran his mouth way too much about being a Viper Killer even had a license plate that said it. He was beat fair and square at the track 4 times in a row by said Viper. Do you know what a Viper GTS with only a 200 shot runs? Tens that's what. Yes i do know plenty of people with highly modified "Rustangs" that will hand many ricers their arse. However we all know that many vehicles can be made very fast with enough money, i've seen a civic (body was only stock part on it) beat a Viper GTS. SO WHAT, lol

However i would love to have seen you race a Cobra at a track, you would lose i will guarantee you of it.

03 Cobras production was stopped for a couple of weeks to fix a problem, they ARE back in production. And as an American i'm proud to hear that blower whine.

You need to take you truck to the track and get a timeslip, don't streetrace, especially in an unaerodynamic truck at those speeds, thats just plain stupid.

And to give you an idea im not talking out of my butt i took my truck to Mosoro a couple of weeks after buying it just to run it down the strip for the heck of it, wanna see my times?

60' 2.548
1/8 11.302
mph 61.85
1000' 14.702
1/4 17.592
mph 77.78

Last edited by Icepick; 05-03-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:48 AM
Contributing Member

hehe.. 17.6 I love it.

I ran a 15.56 @ 92mph in the 1/4 last time I checked. This was the day I put the S/C in.

Thats not to shabby for a 4wd 4Runner w/ a 200lb stereo and 32" tires.

I lined up next to a new Camaro SS a few weeks ago, and I had him until we hit 60mph. I took the lead because my locker kept both tires planted where he spun through 1st gear. Believe me he was both surprised and confused.

Dan
Old 05-04-2003, 02:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the reason your car is scary at 140mph is because it was a domestic car and it probably shakes a lot. My truck doesnt shake at all-- smoother than butter, the problem is that i run out of rpms before i run out of power-- if i had a 6th gear, i could go much faster.
I completely agree, I have yet to drive a domestic that doesnt shake like a leaf at 100+mph. My 4runner on rare occasions will hit 100-105 and it drives just the same at that speed as it does at 30. Domestics still have a lot to learn in how they set everything up....

ps - im staying out of this match, but my next vehicle will be a well modded taco with the 3.4L and a blower.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Icepick
60' 2.548
1/8 11.302
mph 61.85
1000' 14.702
1/4 17.592
mph 77.78
You must have a N/A 2.7L then....lol
Old 05-04-2003, 02:48 AM
Contributing Member

nu-uh... mine is faster!

what are you stupid? MINE is faster!

psh! Whatever! You got 200000000 lbs. torque?

torque doesn't matter! It's all about HP!

I love the anonymity of the internet! Woohoo!
Just in case you were all wondering - I'm just teasing
I don't seriously mean it

You all know WAY more about this stuff than I do
Old 05-04-2003, 12:47 PM

Originally posted by Bumpin' Yota
You must have a N/A 2.7L then....lol
Nope i have the 3.4, Double cabs are very heavy and very slow. I could have had burger and fries in my lap and drink in my hand and still drag raced without a problem.

Last edited by Icepick; 05-04-2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:21 PM

but ive never seen a mustang do anything amazing at a track. lowest i ever saw out of a crustang was an 11.9 with 14" wide tires and a blower.
BWUAHAHAHAHHAA!!! uhhhhm, dude you are kidding right?!!
Ive got friends with 9 sec in the 1/4 mi fox body stangs
also 11 sec ford lightning pickups are very common.
Your truck is probably very cool and fast but you come off as a total
ricer that doesn't know what he's talking about. Dont take everything you see on the
fast and the furious to hart man its just a movie, lol.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:45 PM

Personally i still can't believe someone told me that his Pickup drives better at 147mph than the GT i had, i just cant understand his logic of thinking, let's just say that i wish he lived nearby because i know a few stock GT's that i could get to race him. That would put an end to this real quick.

I didn't get rid of the Stang because it drove badly, quite the opposite, it drove so nice that I couldn't stop from getting speeding tickets. I got to where i was scared to drive down the block because i would be doing 20mph over the limit, it sounded great and drove great, believe it or not that's why i got rid of it.

One ticket for rolling thru a stop sign while turning right ($68), another for 23mph over the limit ($140ish) and another for street racing although i was technically spectating but there is no longer any distinction in Florida because of the new laws, the last ticket cost me $500 for lawyer (it's a criminal offense now) and $180 for court costs to get out of it. All within 8 months (very lucky to not have any points on my license), after that i decided if i wanted to keep my license i better buy a nice slow pickup.

Quick Reply: Draged raced a WRX today...