Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Dfw Wat

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hell yeah. you thought the 3" were gonna show? i don't think so!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

i was going to suggest you get the DFW crowd to install your lift and you can lube there chassis and driveline and change their oil in return but now... just kidding. I'm sure we're going to have some kind words from the mods about straying off topic. :roll

I'm actually looking forward to getting out of this hole called Houston and meeting some fellow Yotatecher's. Hopefully we can get some sort of east texas chapter or something kicked off to combine Houston and DFW and surrounding areas and organize some short wheeling trips or at least some campouts or something.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Banned

okay, something about lubing their chassis and driveline and change their oil ... that's just wrong.

but yes. i should get back on topic. we've established some good directions for installing snoozer's front and back ... we've established some of the necessary tools:
spring/coil compressor
ratchet
floor jack
bottle jack
wrenches
jack stands
etc.
beer
pizza
and we've also established that I'm very hefty and to be avoided at all costs!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4route
and we've also established that I'm very hefty and to be avoided at all costs!
add to the list:

- 3 quarts of Quaker State
- half dozen 30 weight ball bearings
Old 03-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Banned

do you think we need a torque wrench? some directions state that we should torque the bolts after the install ... what do you think?
Old 03-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

do you think we need a torque wrench? some directions state that we should torque the bolts after the install ... what do you think?
you always want a torque wrench, if for nothing else at least to get the right torque when putting the wheels back on. I have one. I'll bring it.

Last edited by keisur; 03-16-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Banned

(actually really, after i painted the center caps, i needed to torque the lugnuts a bit. even though the first time loosening them required that i jump on the lugwrench. how do people get them off when they are on so tight and you're stuck on the side of a road?!)
Old 03-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member

well exCUUUUUSE me, i can't see my own legs and you're yelling at me about a damn tool that in my hands will look as thin as a strand of hair? oh yeah, harass the fat chick about torquing. bring your torque then. torque my bolts.
yikes! why are you getting all torqued up? I wasn't even typing in all caps!

(actually really, after i painted the center caps, i needed to torque the lugnuts a bit. even though the first time loosening them required that i jump on the lugwrench. how do people get them off when they are on so tight and you're stuck on the side of a road?!)
actually that's the perfect time to get them off. oh the lug nuts. you just flag down a hefty looking chick and have her lay her forearm on the lug wrench to break them loose.

Last edited by keisur; 03-15-2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Banned

i'm getting all torqued up because ME HUNGRY.

people don't pay attention when i try to flag them down - they yell things about abominable sperm whales and run screaming into the night.

for real though, they were so tight from the factory that i was rocking the truck trying to get those bolts loose.

Last edited by 4route; 03-15-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member

for real though, they were so tight from the factory that i was (oh gosh, it's so late at night i have no doubt you'll make a comment about this) rocking the truck trying to get those bolts loose.
no I won't hit that one. I understand. when I got 4Wheel parts to install my new tires I went to check the torque because I didn't trust them when I got home. they torqued it to at least 150 because I had to breakout the impact wrench to get the nuts off! I was hacked off about that one! Alloy wheels!!! brand new!!! so I broke them all loose and retorqued to spec. that was the last time they are touching my wheels.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:28 PM
Banned

what are they supposed to be torqued to? the 4Wheel parts place here did the same thing to one of mine when they were just trying it on. pissed me off. don't ever let them touch your truck at all - seriously, they are jerks.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Contributing Member

what are they supposed to be torqued to? the 4Wheel parts place here did the same thing to one of mine when they were just trying it on. pissed me off. don't ever let them touch your truck at all - seriously, they are jerks.
stock on mine is 83. I go to about 95 since I have after market rims now. Well, I got the rims and tires there and I had to have them balance them so I kind of was in a hard spot and had to let them do it. I hate the fact that they think they are gods when it come to lugnuts and they try to start the threads with the dang air wrench! I had firestone crossthread a nut on my wifes old Tacoma once. that hacked me off something awful! after all this, nobody touches my vehicle but me!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by keisur
stock on mine is 83. I go to about 95 since I have after market rims now. Well, I got the rims and tires there and I had to have them balance them so I kind of was in a hard spot and had to let them do it. I hate the fact that they think they are gods when it come to lugnuts and they try to start the threads with the dang air wrench! I had firestone crossthread a nut on my wifes old Tacoma once. that hacked me off something awful! after all this, nobody touches my vehicle but me!!!
That is smart -- I've discovered how valuable it is to be able to do some of these things myself as opposed to letting people like that mess around with things they don't actually much care about. Ah well, the 4Wheel Parts place here is right next to a jail, so maybe they'll get ransacked someday, and all their precious 40foot tires will go rolling away, an inmate apiece.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Banned

Tonight I'm working on synthesizing all the info I've found on lifting. Most of the info I has would be for the spacer type ... but a few posts back up in this same thread should be two links to some very helpful stuff for snoozer's rear lift.

What kind of beer should we have?
Old 03-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

Tonight I'm working on synthesizing all the info I've found on lifting. Most of the info I has would be for the spacer type ... but a few posts back up in this same thread should be two links to some very helpful stuff for snoozer's rear lift.

What kind of beer should we have?
Dos Equis for me.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Banned

Lager, not the Ale, right?
Old 03-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

Lager, not the Ale, right?
man, somebody knows me pretty well, yes the green bottle, botella verde!

Well, 4route, my wife wants to come with but she has team mates in that area so her plan is to ride up with me and then go train with them. I was hoping she'd stick around and play chef for us all, bring my little gas grill and everything then she could cook hotdogs and hanburgers all day and keep everybody full.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Banned

ah man. training? pshaaa.

I'm just here waitin' ... I guess it's up to Snoozer to tell us when he wants to do it since he is waitin' on his tires .. I'm not sure if he has all the parts for his lift yet or not, but I know if we all just agree on a date, that would be cool. I'm free pretty much any weekend ... there is some question as to the weekend after this one (for me) but if that was the weekend you guys wanted, I'm sure there would still be a lot of people interested and able to do it that date.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

That's too soon for me. I am driving back home to Mobile I think that weekend. It's going to have to be in April for me.
Old 03-16-2004, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by keisur
Dos Equis for me.
I wish I could have that..or MMMMMMMM Guinness..but I am a fatty, so I will have to bring my own low carb crap

But, I will bring what everyone else is drinking......if ya'll have a cooler with ice.

Last edited by Herkengineer; 03-16-2004 at 04:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Dfw Wat