Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Darn You 4wheelparts Darn You!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darn You 4wheelparts Darn You!

I ordered some Tech 1 RockCrawlers (51 Series) from 4wheelparts.com..... and what do they send me http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=WHE&prodline=3204&catName=WHEE LS&man=TECH!!! On the reciept it says the 51 Series dont work with 97 Toyota 4runners!!! WTF, theres about 10 people on this site that have them!! I was supposed to go 4wheeling monday with my new tires and rims, guess I'll have to stay stock until I get this settled. Do ya'll think they will let me swap these out at the 4wheel parts store in Denver, or do i have to ship these back to CA? BEWARE OF 4WHEEL PARTS!!!
Old 09-05-2004, 07:07 AM
Contributing Member

I hate that when they pay too close attention to details and just don't send you what you ordered;it's kinda like ordering '99 headlamps for a '97 and them telling you they don't make those for a '97.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:16 AM

chitty chitty bang bang that sucks a big arse. Sorry for your luck. I would get on the horn asap and tell them you needed those rims for an offroading event and ask them what they plan on doing to correct the situation. Tell them you would like to go to the Denver store and swap out those wheels. I know nothing about what series wheels fit on your generations 4runners. Can any of the ten others with the 51s back up that they have the 51 series? Not saying you lied or assumed but if you get permission from one of those ten to tell 4WP to look up that persons rig and then they would find the fact they have sold the 51's for 3rd gen runners before. I dont buy things much larger than tire deflators from 4WP's. 4WP & JCW scare me from the stories Ive heard.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:08 AM

BigBadBlue... good idea about telling them I NEED to attend an event with the CORRECT wheels, thanks!

Hyperlight has tech1s on his 97.
Turboale has tech1s on his 98.
WaskillyWabbit has tech1s on his 2000.
The list goes on and on.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by MellamoPOUND
BigBadBlue... good idea about telling them I NEED to attend an event with the CORRECT wheels, thanks!

Hyperlight has tech1s on his 97.
Turboale has tech1s on his 98.
WaskillyWabbit has tech1s on his 2000.
The list goes on and on.
Sweet, atleast you have surefire back up on this to show them. if the salesman ˟˟˟˟s with you ask for a supervisor. How long had you been waiting on these wheels in the first place?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Contributing Member

Typical 4 wheelparts service. The past few dealings I've had with them haven't been too pleasant, now I just go to their site to check out products, then I order from somewhere else.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
Sweet, atleast you have surefire back up on this to show them. if the salesman ˟˟˟˟s with you ask for a supervisor. How long had you been waiting on these wheels in the first place?
Well, I've been down in New Orleans for the summer, and I ordered the wheels down there to be shipped to my grandpas in Denver, so when I got up there for college, I would be good to go. I think they shipped to his place in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Contributing Member

That's brutal man, I'd be a prick customer to them and milk them for all that they'd give you.

To send you the wrong rims because they think YOU'RE an idiot, that's uncalled for.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:19 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
DId they give you a reason why the wouldnt fit?

I've seen like 5 guys in town here with the black tech 1's (51 series).

There is no reason why they wouldnt fit. dumbasses.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Contributing Member

I sent their customer service an e-mail regarding this.

I'd be pretty pissed if this happened to me, so I figured I'd stick up for you.

If you'd like a copy of my e-mail, I can send one in PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:24 AM

don't expect to get anywhere fast with 4wp. they screwed me around for 4 months and normally asking to talk to the next higher person up works but not for me. i called the corporate office many times and even wrote a letter to the owner, he wrote me back and basically told me to f-off.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:58 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Did you pay for them with a credit card? You can probably get some help from the credit card company as well. Also, if they don't replace them with what you did order, promptly, then threaten to take them to small claims court. They have to travel to where you are to appear or they lose automatically. It would likely cost them more the appear then to just do the right thing in the first place. Don't forget to let the Better Business Bureau in on this - if no one complains nothing gets done...
Old 09-05-2004, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Flamedx4
Did you pay for them with a credit card? You can probably get some help from the credit card company as well. Also, if they don't replace them with what you did order, promptly, then threaten to take them to small claims court. They have to travel to where you are to appear or they lose automatically. It would likely cost them more the appear then to just do the right thing in the first place. Don't forget to let the Better Business Bureau in on this - if no one complains nothing gets done...
Whoa nelly! I say try to talk it out with 4wp first. Maybe they will be willing to hook you up with a GC for the poor deal. I personally have never had worst than a misunderstood order. I ordered thinking the trail kit, (bag,tire guage,reciever hook,front tow hook,and something else but I forget. I got the bag expecting it to be a nice rugged trail bag but it was a video bag for the ps2 or xbox to strap to the back of the seat. ghay in other words but i still use it to hold my maps, stauns, tire guage, gloves & stuff. Not saying they are a great company but they are strong being so spread out. But back on topic I would not go report them to the BBB or call the cops or fbi or cia. Just try to talk it out first then get aggressive at worst.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Rock crawlers

Originally Posted by MellamoPOUND
I ordered some Tech 1 RockCrawlers (51 Series) from 4wheelparts.com..... and what do they send me http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/products/productLine.asp?cat=WHE&prodline=3204&catName=WHEE LS&man=TECH!!! On the reciept it says the 51 Series dont work with 97 Toyota 4runners!!! WTF, theres about 10 people on this site that have them!! I was supposed to go 4wheeling monday with my new tires and rims, guess I'll have to stay stock until I get this settled. Do ya'll think they will let me swap these out at the 4wheel parts store in Denver, or do i have to ship these back to CA? BEWARE OF 4WHEEL PARTS!!!
I looked on their site and couldn't even find the ones I ordered, 16x8 5.5 w/ 4.25" backspacing.

1) Call them to see if they will fix it. If not,

2) Call your credit card company and have them reverse the charges and keep the wheels!

Whatever you do, don't ship back the old wheels until you get the new ones. Make them send you a shipping label for them to pay for it. Or if you take them in, don't give them back until you have your new ones. I've heard too many nightmares stories about 4wheelpartsux.com

Old 09-05-2004, 12:17 PM

i dislike them for that reason i wanted to get some rockcrawler and they told me it wouldn't work ended up w/ another wheel []
Old 09-05-2004, 02:04 PM

first off, isnt there an agency that protects the costomers from online purchases?? that sucks big time!

also, i have had a problem with them before, they sold me shocks that wouldnt fit and i was installing them and noticed that the shocks rubberd against the axle, so we went to the shop and they tried to brush it off, but than i thought to use the warrior shock changer thning...and they ended up giving those 40 dollar things for free, and shipped them to my house!! all for free!! the one in san jose it really good, u can almost always talk them down in price and they always want to hook up fellow wheelers!
Old 09-05-2004, 02:53 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the help! Since they are closed until Tuesday, I am going to wait until then. I will first call 4wheelparts and have them locate my wheels at a Denver 4wheel parts. I will then demand that they mount and balance them on my new tires ON TUESDAY!! I will tell them I am attending an event in Moab on Wednesday and I need to leave tuesday afternoon with the wheels and tires ON! If this doesnt work, I will definitly take all your other ideas into affect. Also, I am still going to go 4 wheeling tommorrow with my stock tires/wheels, but I'm kinda scared because I think its snowing in the mountains already! THanks agian, and I'll keep ya'll updated.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

Best of luck mate!
Old 09-05-2004, 10:57 PM

sucks what happened, but the one in ga. always fixes mistakes when they make them with me and are very good guys. i went wheeling with some of them and they said that if i broke anything they would fix it for free after store hours. I've never had any major product problems though but when i do they compensate me well.
on a side not, i know your ordered the tech 1's but personally i like the ones you got better. everyone has the tech 1's. i dunno i guess i like to be unique. that's why i didn't get the tech 1's. but that's not important b/c they are what you ordered and they are what you should have gotten.
alan
Old 09-05-2004, 11:25 PM

VISIT, when tires become defective, warranties useless

[at the 4wheel parts store in Denver, or do i have to ship these back to CA? BEWARE OF 4WHEEL PARTS!!![/QUOTE]

ITS about 4 wheel PARTS

Quick Reply: Darn You 4wheelparts Darn You!