Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Car alarm and door locks intermittently dont work

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car alarm and door locks intermittently dont work

My door locks are acting funny. When its really hot in Phoenix(which is almost everyday) My driver side door lock won't go all the way down when I hit the lock button on my remote, It beeps, flashes, and all the other locks go down.. but not the drivers.

Also, it seems like my alarm doesn't work anymore. My girlfriend was in the car and I locked her in for fun- she pulled the lock up and opened the door and nothing happened!! When I first bought it 6 months ago it worked fine.

If anyone can help that would be awesome.

its the factory VIP alarm. not sure what model number. I can find out pretty soon though, Im at work right now.

Thanks again
Old 09-07-2006, 03:18 PM

last time we were in vegas, we had the same problem on my dad's f250 SD.

heat seems to have really adverse affects on alarms. however, thats no excuse, and since thats happening where you live, deff go back to where they installed it and have it checked out. i guess i would try to do it on a really hot day, so the symptoms are more likely to show up.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:31 PM

RE: Doorlocks

I have had the same issue with all my door locks. It depends on if the sun is hitting the doors directly though because it does not happen if the truck is parked in the shade with the same ambient temp. or It sometimes will happen to the passenger side in the AM and the drivers side in the PM.

I work in Phoenix and have a black 4Runner and know your pain.

As far as your alarm goes I would not have a clue. If your dome light comes on when your door is open then I would think it might just be a loose wire unless your alarm was not wired that way.