Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Canadian 4Runners !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if any of you northern bc'ers are in/near prince george...look out for my old rig. she lives up there now...
Old 03-25-2008, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Caffeine
Thanks, it sounds a lot like yours -- minus that mine's not elocked. I'm probably going to get an FJ in about another year, but this has been a great truck. I've tried out a few trails around here, but we don't really know the area well enough to have any great trails for stock trucks. Any suggestions for good off-road spots?
Mine's been good to me too, keep dreaming of the 4th gen runner but this one's been too good to let go. Life has been getting in the way the last few years to be able to get out and find some good trails but I am committed to giving it a try this year. I know there's some around Grande Cache and Tumbler Ridge, would like to give those a go.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by shancerlelby
anyone mentioned trailgear.ca? havent bought anything from there but seem to have decent prices. Im in Quesnel b.c. and really theres nothing aroudn here either but then again most times i'd rather build it myself than buy it from a shoddy trim line or something.

lol sean sargent i used to do all their remote starts last winter when i was with visions. how are the pot holes up there this year?
You've obviously spent time around here! Pot holes aren't what they were last year but still and obstacle course to drive around! Most people rig up their trucks to head to the outdoors, we have to do it to get to the grocery store here!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone mentioned trailgear.ca? havent bought anything from there but seem to have decent prices. Im in Quesnel b.c. and really theres nothing aroudn here either but then again most times i'd rather build it myself than buy it from a shoddy trim line or something.

lol sean sargent i used to do all their remote starts last winter when i was with visions. how are the pot holes up there this year?
More proof that no one reads my posts...
Old 03-25-2008, 06:48 AM

Received 274 Likes on 185 Posts
I read it thanks !
Old 03-25-2008, 07:46 AM

Hahaha... I usually read them as they come through my emails - this was one I guess that didn't make it? I hate how only 1 email comes through until you check it... blah. Thanks for the info - didn't know they had stock issues.

Originally Posted by Greg_Canada
More proof that no one reads my posts...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:25 AM

Any of y'all know "topless4runner"?
He's from New Brunswick and cheated me out of over $650 on a sale of a soft top for my 4Runner.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 PM

rosetree:

I don't know the person you mentioned, but I am from NB - is that where you're from?
Old 03-25-2008, 03:03 PM

Since when do people from NB say: "y'all"? LOL Inquiry minds want to know...
Old 03-25-2008, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by rosetree
Any of y'all know "topless4runner"?
He's from New Brunswick and cheated me out of over $650 on a sale of a soft top for my 4Runner.
dang , sorry to hear .... I would guess , hes no longer on the board ?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 PM

try national4wd..shops across Canada...i get stuff from the Quebec and Ontario stores.

http://www.national4wd.com/index.php

-B
Old 03-25-2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by denpacc
Since when do people from NB say: "y'all"? LOL Inquiry minds want to know...
No, we say y'all in New Orleans!
Old 03-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Yep, National4wd is good, I've dealt with them. There is a shop in Fredericton NB as well, for all you East Coast'ers. Their website is kinda crappy (doesn't show much selection at all), they can get WAAAAY more stuff than what the website shows (tires / wheels / bumpers/ lifts, etc), give them a call they are good to deal with.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM

hehe i read your post Greg but just wanted to get a post of off topic sean sargent and grande pot hole...i mean prarie comments. i broke a steering rack there last year. can't take your eyes off the road for a second in spring as you cant rely on memory to where the potholes are.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by BADLNDS
try national4wd..shops across Canada...i get stuff from the Quebec and Ontario stores.

http://www.national4wd.com/index.php

-B

wallmart 4x4 ?
Old 03-26-2008, 10:41 AM

hehe i read your post Greg but just wanted to get a post of off topic sean sargent and grande pot hole...i mean prarie comments. i broke a steering rack there last year. can't take your eyes off the road for a second in spring as you cant rely on memory to where the potholes are.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:21 PM

I'm from Oakville

My 4runner is getting quite old and i'm not sure if it's capable of handling the trails. I drive a 98 SR5 with 360k on the odometer and a few electrical problems.

i'm missing a front anti roll bar linkage and that linkage just costs way to much to replace it's like 250 from toyota

are there any good places to get OEM parts for our 4runner in canada preferable in the GTA. I need to get a replacement rear bumper damn chrome dents to easily
Old 03-28-2008, 05:16 AM

Missing the front link? You can make it out of all-thread and some lock nuts... just a trip to brafasco...
or 4crawler.com makes some killer disconnects, http://4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/...#DisconnectsV2 you can copy that idea or buy them...
OEM parts dealers? Eh... that'd be tough, just the stealer.... personally when i need to replace, i usually upgrade....
Old 03-28-2008, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

I'm ex-Canadian from Medicine Hat. i wish i could have met up with some fellow CANADIANS and hit trails before i left.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Belize Off Road Team
I'm ex-Canadian from Medicine Hat. i wish i could have met up with some fellow CANADIANS and hit trails before i left.
If you know of trails between Medicine Hat and Calgary I'd be willing to meet somewhere in between. Or if you are in Calgary you are welcome to PM me and we could do some great mountain trails if you are interested. Rdang is another yotatech, Calgary, member who might be interest in going for a romp in the woods/mountains too. This is all for when you come back from Belize of course.

Cheers,
Denny

Quick Reply: Canadian 4Runners !!