Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Can you believe this happened to my TJM? *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:47 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i cant wait to install my lockright when it comes in this week. Im going to ask my bro what he can do.. he is good with metal and I could talk to him about making some custom front bumpers later
Old 07-31-2006, 09:07 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Intrepid
He also bashed his mounts on rocks, which caused them to bend in, so he might have a hard time getting new mounts to fit. Hopefully he can twist the bumper back up, mod the mounts (drill new holes or lengthen existing) and bob the wings, which should alleviate the problem. What he didn't mention is that he had my fat a$$ riding with him since my steering crapped out the first day. I think he should call TJM and complain about the quality, worse thing to happen is they tell him to shove off.
I spotted him over high blues, plus low to mid blacks. He ran Rattler, Drumstick, Whompum, part of Pick Your Poison, Muddy Pipline Bypass, Woodpecker, Rock Swamp, Chicken Run, plus a smattering of mid to low blue and green to get between them. He did awesome, that thing is definitely not a mall wheeler anymore and it is definitely time for a new rear bumper!
thanks. yeah i have been swamped at work so far, so i didnt have the chance, but i got it through jason b, so i thought i'd talk to him first when i get a moment.

true, i had heath's fat ass ( ) , his brother's fat ass and another club member's fat ass in there... combined with mine, id guess we were nearing 900-1000 extra pounds

it should be said that heath is a GREAT spotter. i trusted him completely and made it out on good lines using my armor in the best way.

it is definitely time for a new rear bumper.. i hit the drivers side so bad that it now sits crooked

ill keep ya posted on how it goes.

Last edited by lee; 07-31-2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:42 PM
lee
Contributing Member

UPDATE

well, i wrote them a nice letter and discussed it with jason burtman (from who i bought the bumper) and he helped me tremendously. I have to say, I am weary of ever falsely praising online vendors, but Jason went above and beyond for me. He is a good guy, and really stuck his neck out. If you are interested in his products (he runs Burtman Industries -- http://www.burtmanindustries.com) don't fear, he stands behind his customers and will be there for you if something goes awry.

anyway, he helped me out a lot. i spelled out my case to tjm, and long story short they recognize that i am a supportive, loyal customer. Though they do not believe the bumper ends being aesthetic is a problem, they do believe that making their customers happy is important, and they did explain that they do not design their bumpers to be run by a 4runner that is out of OEM spec, esp with regard to swaybars being disconnected.

So they have been very generous and decided to give me a brand spanking new T-17 for free.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that TJM does support their customers and despite my surprise at the interference issue, it is a quality product that is worth your money.

Last edited by lee; 08-17-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

That is some serious customer support.... would make me want to buy from them...
Old 08-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

That is good to know Lee.

Glad this is working out!
Old 08-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

awesome, :bigclap: great job there Jason, :bigclap: and a great job goes out to TJM, that is real "customer service" with all involved. I just wish other business would follow thier lead.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are cool. I bought my T-13 second hand and wanted the owners manual and some stickers. I shot off an emial and they sent me a box by UPS with the book, tons or decals and a hat!

Lamm
Old 08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

NICE..What a display of care for the customers.

I give a hand to jason and TJM for providing customer service that is few and far between. There are very few business and or manufacturers that would do this. That is the way to run a business thats sucessful. Although i have never purchased from Jason i would not hesitate for a second after seeing what he does for his customers.

From someone who has worked at major retailers this is something that i wish i could do for people but I can't. It really shows how important small businesses are.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Ric
Banned - User requested

There are very few business and or manufacturers that would do this. That is the way to run a business thats sucessful.
I totally agree, thats why I "pimp" Armorology and Stubbs as much as I do.

Im planning on a small purchase here in the next few days (maybe a a few weeks) Jason will have another customer
Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 AM
lee
Contributing Member

yeah i have to say, both tjm and jason deserve a round of applause... support these two companies!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:47 AM

Just keep in mind though that if you are running larger than stock tires an/or no swaybars, you should consider shortening those sidewings to avoid this issue.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lee
Though they do not believe the bumper ends being aesthetic is a problem...
You must have done a great job of biting your lip when they said that.

Originally Posted by lee
they did explain that they do not design their bumpers to be run by a 4runner that is out of OEM spec, esp with regard to swaybars being disconnected.
Of course they can't foresee every mod someone might do but I'd think they could see someone that buys a winch bumper also doing a few other simple off-road mods. I know they run discos in "the land downunder" too.

They did the right thing though, so good for them
Old 08-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member

That's awesome you were able to get a new bumper. You don't see that very often w/ businesses.

Like Intrepid said, modifying the bumper might help to keep that from happening again. Just a thought.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member

This is why I make ALOT of bobbed wings.

Now the big question, how are you going to stop this from happening again?

Otherwise it will happen again.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:10 AM
lee
Contributing Member

i have bobbed my old wings, so i will put those on the new one.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lee

yeah i have to say, both tjm and jason deserve a round of applause... support these two companies!
Glad to help ya out.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:36 AM
lee
Contributing Member

bumper has arrived and is installed

Jason, thanks again!
Old 08-29-2006, 04:46 AM

Installed and already ran into rocks, hahaha.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:47 AM
lee
Contributing Member

true! people were like "wait, the new tjm" "so what?" SLAM! hahahahah

Last edited by lee; 08-29-2006 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:35 AM
Banned

pics of it ramming a rock yet?

Quick Reply: Can you believe this happened to my TJM? *pics*