Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

ahriman's 4th gen lifted & shoe-d [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
timber (victor?)- ditto what lance says on the a-arm hitting, i am seeing rub marks on the left side only (oddly...). i am hearing a deep "clunk" sound -- the kind of sound that makes your heart skip -- when they collide...i am not _doing_ anything as of yet, but i plan on replacing the uppers when i have the dough.

chris- you are welcome. i am glad i finally have it straight, thanx to lance/bulldog/uhom/timber.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

I might sell my upper a-arms so keep an eye on the for sale section in the up coming month.

Old 06-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Good Times
I might sell my upper a-arms so keep an eye on the for sale section in the up coming month.

if nobody has laid claim to 'em yet..i will lay dibs on them. anybody wanna arm wrestle for them?

on another note, and if you want to let us in on the secret, are you looking at (read: are you going to be beta-ing for) either SAW or OME?
Old 06-24-2004, 07:18 PM

Quick FYI-
Our NE A-Arms will be out in mass production mode very soon. GT and I both agree that the Inland Arms can be much improved, so I will be swapping mine out as well, replacing them with ours.

There are a ton of things brewing in the NE pot...with 4Route seeing nearly all of the parts first as we have a little deal worked out. Stay tuned, have a good one all.

Billy
Old 06-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Banned

yeah, the deal is that the uhom won't hug him as long as things go as planned.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

OK, Billy and Tracy now you have to fess up the dirty detials!!!

On second thought please spare us the details!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by bulldog-yota
OK, Billy and Tracy now you have to fess up the dirty detials!!!

On second thought please spare us the details!!!
Ahh, I would have no prob hugging the unhuggable. You all will know very soon anyway...peace.

Billy

also, i have 5 more sets of NE top spacers for the revtek front kit. daystar spacers are in the works as i got a kit in yesterday, and our complete kits will soon follow. 4 pan hard drop brackets are ready to go as well, just let me know. thanks all.

Last edited by fourunnabilly; 06-24-2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Banned

Billy and uhom
sitting in a tree
M-O-D-D-I-N-G
first comes spacers
then comes secrets
then comes parts on a
lifted baby carriage.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:32 PM

Does anyone with the 3" revtek and no NE spacer have the rubbing issues mentioned up above?
Old 06-26-2004, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by hre814
Does anyone with the 3" revtek and no NE spacer have the rubbing issues mentioned up above?
If you add 285's or 33's you are going to have minimal rubbing regardless. When I added the NE spacer to the mix on my rig for another inch in the front I was able to make the jump from 33's to 35's, but still encountered rubbing. A lot of it depends on where and how you drive your vehicle as well. Obviously if you just cruise the streets you will experience less rubbing than when you are wheeling and seeing full articulation, etc.

To avoid rubbing entirely, you would probably need to stick to a 32" or less tire. The square shape of our fenders definitely doesnt help either. I have had to reshape the fenders more than anything, and just finished that once and for all to clear my 325/50R22's (36's). I am sure others will chime in. The NE spacer will give you more height up front, but not cure your rubbing issues. Good luck.

Billy
Old 06-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Banned

no one liked my poem??
Old 06-26-2004, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 4route
no one liked my poem??
I did, but of course I have to since you included me.

Billy
Old 06-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Banned

have to? not true at all!

but, anyway, ah well. just twisting the old "blank and blank, sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g" thing.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:38 PM
Contributing Member

i thought the poem was very clever, i would have put you up for yotatech laureate had i been included (but i am not bitter...i can handle it...mommy says i am a big boy...)

billy- want to test those a-arms on me?...
Old 06-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

for the life of me, after searching, etc I just cant find a link to billy's site, can somebody be so kind as to post it here or just PM it to me

life is hard when you are a dumbass :pat:
Old 06-26-2004, 10:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by bulldog-yota
for the life of me, after searching, etc I just cant find a link to billy's site, can somebody be so kind as to post it here or just PM it to me

life is hard when you are a dumbass :pat:
hey dumbass- http://www.nitrousenterprises.com

btw: the site is not complete...it still does not have my truck posted so it will be less enjoyable
Old 06-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

Thx, will wait for your picture before visiting again.

Billy feedback on site, please change font and color scheme. Make it easier to read. Oh yes and add ahriman's rig, with bend exhaust
Old 06-26-2004, 11:18 PM

Thanks all, the site is being re-done by no other than 4Route as we speak. Should be done very soon. More pics and info on the way as well. And I agree, it is nearly impossible to read, hence the intervention by 4Route.

ahriman - 4route is down for the first set of a-arms, but you are now second. Our business loan will be complete very soon, and that is when all the madness should start. Everything up to this point has been outta my pockets, and lets just say they aint that deep.

Get ready for a barrage of parts very soon. I will be sure to make all of you the first to know. Late.

Billy
Old 06-27-2004, 09:24 AM

Broke ABS line

Billy,

Thanks for being so brave in forging the new frontier on lifts for the 4th gens. I heard you snapped an ABS during your install? I did mine this weekend with Tracy's guidance. She wrote some excellent installation instructions. Okay- I'm gonna hit you up, how $$ is this ABS fix? Also, I used daystar- I hear you are designing your own lift kit system. How tall, ect?
Thanks in advance,

Chris

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
Lookin wicked bro!...black always looks sick...makes me want to paint mine, lol. Good work, I am curious as well regarding what size tire you are running...they sure look larger than 285's...maybe the angle...I dont know, but they definitely fill up the fender wells!

We are most likely gonna use the 3/4 photo for the web page...if you have any others, or take some while you are on the trails, that would be killer.

Again, great work...glad to see our Nitrous Enterprises Spacers in the mix.

Billy
Old 06-27-2004, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by mansourman
Billy,

Thanks for being so brave in forging the new frontier on lifts for the 4th gens. I heard you snapped an ABS during your install? I did mine this weekend with Tracy's guidance. She wrote some excellent installation instructions. Okay- I'm gonna hit you up, how $$ is this ABS fix? Also, I used daystar- I hear you are designing your own lift kit system. How tall, ect?
Thanks in advance,

Chris
ABS lines...yep, i know i snapped my drivers side one, and was unsure about the passenger side, so i replaced them both. the trick is that you can bust them internally/inside the rubber insulated hose and not even know it. they are a piece of cake to replace, and retail for about $40 a pop. if you need a new line(or two), i would just give TOR a call and get em at his price. he has taken care of me as well as many others numerous times...just search him in the members list...todd packer is his name.

also, thanks for the kind words. i'll get back to ya in more detail at a later date, but we are working on a few different complete kits that give 3.5" of lift, as there are already many on the market in the 2-3" area. good luck with your line replacement.

Billy

Quick Reply: ahriman's 4th gen lifted & shoe-d [pics]