Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4ROC- 4-runner Owners Club, Lets ROC(k)!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^that would be pretty cool. i've never seen any like that.

i don't think i'll be able to do the chat thing. it says you have to have aol stuff, and i can't download stuff at work, so probably count me out for the chat.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:57 PM

I got an OK to use the mountain and the tree from where I snagged it from, and as far as the 4runner, I think its just something that was free to use... like the wattora logo...

But Im still waiting for an email... since they are in another country who knows... BTW.. nice logo... i guess i can stop working on this one unless someone wants to put the words on this one...
Old 06-11-2003, 06:54 PM

Im willing to head up a 4ROC.NC Chapter here.

As for the chapter websites. I think all the chapters should have the same template. That would keep everything simple and professional looking. All the websites should have the same layout and design as the main page.
Old 06-11-2003, 09:34 PM
Contributing Member

I'm willing to at least be involved in, if not head up an Ohio chapter. I'll create a new thread in the other forum but I think this one might be a little harder than many of the other states, let's hope not...
Old 06-12-2003, 05:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm willing to start the PA branch. See here.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Darren,

The logo is great. How much interest have we had? I've noticed only three so far out here to respond.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind seeing one for Texas but then I think I would be the only one in it.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rwmorrisonjr
Darren,

The logo is great. How much interest have we had? I've noticed only three so far out here to respond.
As for the logo, and just to reiterate, Gene came up with the designs.

As far as interest, I wouldn't be concerned with 3 at this point. I know there are at least 35 of us from CO on the board here, so you know that number won't remain the same. The thing is, I personally don't even know what "benefits" these clubs like TTORA and TLCA have other than maybe some discounts on stuff. I've said from the beginning that I would want to join just so I can get a decal!

I think once the preliminary plans get laid out, and people get to see what is all inclusive in a club like this, there will be more interest. If nothing else, we would have a dedicated forum for all of our neighbors to discuss things in a centralized location. It hit me as I was looking at those state specific threads last night that it would be so cool, even if 4ROC never took off, if that were to be implemented on YotaTech like other forums have. With the growth rate that YotaTech sees everyday (~6 new members), and no signs of slowing, I think this would become a more feasable idea.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

Once things get formalized, I think things will start to grow pretty quickly. Even with states who may not have an official chapter, individuals could still become members of 4ROC- they may just have a generic sticker instead of a state-specific one. We could begin contacting various off-roading clubs around the country and let them know what we're doing, and I think the member list would grow pretty quickly. However, before that we'd need an official website, the official state chapters would be linked to that main site somehow. Perhaps when they realize their state doesn't have a chapter, they might get one organized? Some points I'd like to make:

1) I think we'll need to set some sort of minimum for what can be considered a "chapter," and I'd suggest at least five members.

2) Since this is not meant to be an off-road club only, there shouldn't be any requirement to do so many off-road runs before being able to join- this would be impossible for individuals whose state doesn't have a chapter but still wants to join 4ROC.

3) For members from states without chapters, there needs to be some centralized organization which will collect dues, send stickers and member information. States with chapters will need to share this responsibility somehow.

4) Alternatively, since alot of issues arise trying to handle members from states without official chapters, we could exclude them- meaning you would have to have a state chapter before you could become a member. This would mean finding at least 4 other 4-runner owners in your state (see #1 above) that would want to be members.

What do you guys think?
Old 06-12-2003, 08:46 AM
Contributing Member

i'm all about the (southern) california chapter...or 4ROC:CA.

i agree with the idea on keeping it to a state by state basis for now, not regional like nor cal and so cal. but on the california 4roc website for example, there would be a clear distinction between norcal and socal, like in the members section and mesage board, etc - cause california is so big and has so many members here it just isn't practical to throw everyone together completely like that. maybe in future the two can be mutually exclusive, but for now let's keep them under the 4ROC:CA heading.

i won't be able to make that chat next tuesday, so hopefully it can be copied and pasted here so we can see what everyone has to say. i'll try to work on some california chapter design ideas to get things started.
Old 06-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member

bump
Old 06-12-2003, 04:25 PM

yeah i think those rules sound pretty good for now. and maybe just have the state 4ROCs get started and set up before we think about any websites. once the states taht will have a chapter are formed then we can start the sites. but for getting it off the ground right now i don't think we need any websites just yet.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

Hey
The club sounds sweet, I would be willing to join, and maybe form the 4ROCOR if there were enough people here in Oregon. I'll try to get to the chat, if there are any other Oregon guys out there, let me know, hopefully we can get something started here too.

Steve
Old 06-12-2003, 08:22 PM
Contributing Member

so what about Hawaii??????? Where'd everyone go fro Hawaii?
Old 06-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

Is it me or are these xx4ROC and 4ROCxx and 4ROC.xx starting to look a bit confusing? I think you guys better hammer this detail out soon!
Old 06-13-2003, 12:19 AM
Contributing Member

What's confusing about it Gene? Just askin. The 4ROC-<state abbreviation>, i.e. 4ROC-CO seems ok to me.

As for order of operations, I do think the websites will be paramount, especially since virtually all publicity for this thing so far has been via the web and this board. That will be the primary means of advertisement and information distribution so I think it needs to be in the plans from the start.

One thing I would be willing to do, is get the server part set up and get one or a few people access to start building the web portions of this, and worry about the payment part of it later. I know you guys would be good for it, and can certainly hold out for a little while until the chapters start collecting dues and funneling that to the main group. If that would help get this party started I'm ok with it.

Mmm. 2:30am and still at work. And I am normally here during the day shift. Oh well.

EDIT: Can someone make this thread a sticky? I think it's safe to assume at this point it's going to happen...
Old 06-13-2003, 04:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by sleepy1405
so what about Hawaii??????? Where'd everyone go fro Hawaii?
you're probably in the same boat I'm in here in Texas.
Old 06-13-2003, 06:54 AM
Contributing Member

Has anyone seen this, the Toyota Owner's Club? It has a Toyota 4x4 forum section.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

Look's like a Japanese 4Runner Owner's Club:
4Runner (Hiluxsurf) Owner's Club
Old 06-13-2003, 07:12 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Roadrunner
Has anyone seen this, the Toyota Owner's Club? It has a Toyota 4x4 forum section.
it's named a 4x4 section but most of the post there are about bling bling and minor problems on stock vehicles. doesn't look like it gets very specialized like we are here.

Quick Reply: 4ROC- 4-runner Owners Club, Lets ROC(k)!