Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

300+ Horsepower??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Bumpin' Yota
Oh and since you thought it would be funny to dog someone else's system I have a challenge for you. Your system against mine for each other's pink slip. (Winner keeps the looser's vehicle.) Game is db drag, in the street division. Hell Ill even give you a 5db handicap. Any time you'd like to show up in FL I'll write up a contract, sign it, and have a notary there too. This will be a legally binding challenge.

oOOoOoo, I'd like to see Mr. Vedder stand up to THIS!!! Wow, what a challenge. HaveBlue - Alan, still taking wagers? This might bring him back....

Pat
Old 06-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BeBeBloo
oOOoOoo, I'd like to see Mr. Vedder stand up to THIS!!! Wow, what a challenge. HaveBlue - Alan, still taking wagers? This might bring him back....

Pat
Bumpin Yota-

Why not challenge Ralph (PHXTRDRunner) while you are at it?

I am being serious. I like competitions!
Old 06-10-2003, 09:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nahhh, I only challenge people like Anthony who run their mouth dogging everyone else's stuff. Usually I dont challenge anyone, but Anthony had it coming. Hopefully Anthony will use his brains and won't take the challenge - unless he wants to give me a new truck. I wont complain either way....LOL

But why would I challenge Ralph? Usually I just give props to people with tight systems and enjoy listing to other people's rides.

Steve
Old 06-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

man I'm glad I stayed away from this one for a few days...

lets see... my system is only 1400 watts, and I doubt that is even close to real numbers. (Soundstream)

my truck is only 240hp, and again I bet that isn't very accurate.

I guess I cannot play with mr. vedder. Damn.

Lets go wheeling. anyone?

Dan
Old 06-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

Hopefully Anthony will use his brains and won't take the challenge - unless he wants to give me a new truck. I wont complain either way....LOL
He's got money. He hangs out with Kevin Costner. I think he wouldn't mind loosing his truck then he could start over and shoot for 800rw HP.

Dan
Old 06-10-2003, 05:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hi BY!

I was just reading this post from the beginning. i guess vedder is the original poster. well mr vedder-- i have everything on my engine except nitrous--thats right everything!!! there is nothing else that does anything that i dont have--that said, on the dyno i put out 260rwhp--and thats with 370's an safc, flowmaster, custom exhaust, electric fan, s/c, supra maf, 5" intake, headers, governor bypass, deckplate, posi, dual supra fuel pumps, o2 intercept circuit and racing tires. there is nothing else to add to the engine that does anything. I know that bragging is fun, but if you want to do yourself a favor-- dont brag about crap that sucks!! the helix power tower???? come on dude, that thing doesnt do anything at all, neither does the thermostat--its just a band aid for incorrect injectors.

As a side note, dont brag about stuff you clearly dont understand-- since most of us can tell you dont know what an intercooler is or what it looks like. The air-air intercoolers are for turbos and for centrifugal superchargers, air-water intercoolers are for the roots set up, but then again, you definitely dont have one.

People doubt me all the time, but i have proof and usually beat their ass on the race track. You have neither.

Tim
Old 06-10-2003, 06:15 PM

SICK'EM DUFFDOG!!

Old 06-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by asudan96Runner
He's got money. He hangs out with Kevin Costner. I think he wouldn't mind loosing his truck then he could start over and shoot for 800rw HP.

Dan
I always thought Kevin Costner was gay. I guess now I know for sure that he must be.
Old 06-10-2003, 06:57 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by keisur
I always thought Kevin Costner was gay. I guess now I know for sure that he must be.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:09 PM

tim -

what's up with the dual supra fuel pumps? can you elaborate on that?

thanks,

creed
Old 06-11-2003, 06:20 AM
Contributing Member

But why would I challenge Ralph? Usually I just give props to people with tight systems and enjoy listing to other people's rides.

Steve
Strictly friendly competition. But distance may pose a problem!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:47 AM

whoops i got numbers mixed up guys my bad

Last edited by runningman; 06-11-2003 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by runningman
sure it's possible, a guy in our local toyota club has a 98 with around 300hp with just a supercharger and exhaust.
I really hope you are kidding.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

Here we go again.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride...
Old 06-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

Would someone please delete this thread?!?
Can't we all just get along?!?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:04 PM

hi cstary

uhhh--- i usually leave that part out when telling people about my truck. what happened was, i was experiencing a "drop off" at 3500rpm-- i thought that it was due to not enuf fuel pressure ( WRONG ) but i didnt know that and proceeded to buy a 255lph pump--i installed it, and it didnt do anything, so then i bought a supra fuel pump and installed it, still didnt do anything.........surely 2 supra fuel pumps running in parallel connected to a common orifice would be enuf pressure right!!! well........................NO!!! it still dropped off at 3500rpm-- the fuel pressure was not the problem, it was the fact that with the 370cc injectors there was so much extra fuel at low rpms that the o2 sensor would freak out and the ecu would cut the spark. but i had already hacked off the line to install this crazy custom dual supra pump thingy in my tank. so i just left it and leaned out my SAFC..... that was the whole problem.

tim
Old 06-12-2003, 12:25 AM

tim - i like your story with the fuel pumps. besides that, sounds like we had pretty similar setups. i had a '97 that was as Gadgefied as you could get . . . 190lph pump, 305's, FTC, supra MAF, TRD headers, hi flow cat, L10 valve body, etc . . . . that was one fast truck! any given day it could run 0 to 60 in about 6 1/2 seconds.

then i wrecked it and bought my 2000. i was initially bummed with the lack of mods that were available in the newer truck (no ESC, no supra MAF), but this SMT looks like you can overcome some of the limitations. i'll be trying out the supra MAF this weekend, and seeing if i can dial it in with teh SMT, because that made a huge difference in my '97. . . . if you have any input, let me know. if i'm successful, that will be the first installation of it's kind in a truck with the newer style MAFs.

i know you like the power, so this might be of interest to you: installation of the water injection system is next in the upcoming weeks (along with a 9 or 11psi pulley) to cool the charge and up the octane. . . with the ability to advance timing in the SMT, i wouldn't be surprised to be pushing past the 300HP envelope in the next few weeks. . . .

creed
Old 06-12-2003, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by HaveBlue
Would someone please delete this thread?!?
Can't we all just get along?!?

this thread is important to keep this from happening again. . . you wouldn't believe how many times i've seen people claiming 100HP gains from the S/C on ebay . . . ignorance breeds ignorance . . . it takes threads like this to eliminate them and keep them from coming back!

i say MAKE IT STICKY!

creed
Old 06-12-2003, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by cstary
this thread is important to keep this from happening again. . . you wouldn't believe how many times i've seen people claiming 100HP gains from the S/C on ebay . . . ignorance breeds ignorance . . . it takes threads like this to eliminate them and keep them from coming back!

i say MAKE IT STICKY!

creed
I agree! I was just kidding.
I love those posts on eBay..."This bolt-on modification will give you a minimum 100 extra horsepower."
Those crack me up. Followed by "No additional modifications necessary."
Old 06-13-2003, 07:27 PM

hey cstary---

heres an interesting thing for ya to try-- first off, dont get a supra MAF for the 2000 setup, the hotwire and vcc wire dont jive well with the new ecu.-- instead, you can take the small little MAF module out of the pipe and put whatever kind of pipe you want on there, just drill a hole for the MAF module and stick it in there-- that also means you can have any type of air intake system you want, cold air, ram air-- anything you can design. YOu are not limited to using the supra MAF setup.

Tim

Quick Reply: 300+ Horsepower??