Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

2nd Gen. Reverse Indiglo Guages

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd Gen. Reverse Indiglo Guages

I have been paying attention to the 3rd gen. discussion about Reverse Indiglo Guages and having them custom made for them at Speedhut. I really like these guages for a couple of reasons. #1-They are brighter than the stock guages, therefore can be read easier. #2-They look alot closer to the stock look than the white faced indiglo guages. #3-They will not blow out and you will not have to change the bulbs on the faces like the stock ones. #4-They look really cool.

I was wondering for those of you with the 2nd gen. 4Runners, would you be interested in getting them for yourself? I am really interested, but from what I understand, you must have a minimum of 20 orders to have them tooled. Does anyone here want to possibly pursue this and have them made. I would be willing to do this (be the contact between us and Speedhut), but I wanted to ask before we got started. I hope there is enough and we can get these cool guages. Any ideas/ comments/ takers, etc? Thanks everyone! :fireman:
Old 07-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

I don't know if you are dead set on getting them made from speedhut, but I thought I'd let you know that I've seen some reverse indiglo's for 2nd gens on eBay recently. I know they may not be as top notch as speedhut, but I wanted you to know they were out there. A couple weeks ago you (I think it was you) were saying how there aren't any for 2nd gens, and I posted a link to an auction, but I'm not sure if you ever saw it. Just an FYI.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:38 PM

I remember that, but I don't think that they were the Reverse Indiglo guages. I think that they were just Indiglo Guages. If they are and you can find them, I would be happy as all hell. Thanks! :fireman:
Old 07-21-2002, 07:17 PM

you also must remember that speedhut needs a guage cluster to tool from and you wont get that cluster back
Old 07-21-2002, 08:45 PM

I have never seen definite reverse indiglo guages for a second generation 4runner. However they do make Reverse Halo guages for a 2nd generation which I like a lot and would buy had I not already installed the white face indiglos. Here is a link to an ebay auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1845190601
Old 07-22-2002, 04:11 AM

Alright, I guess I will have to go with the indiglo guages. What is the difference between the Halo ones you showed me here and the regular ones with the white guage faces? Also, how hard were they to put on? Thanks :fireman:
Old 07-22-2002, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Those Halo gauges are what I found last time. They don't look any different than reverse indiglos to me, I can't imagine what the difference would be. They look pretty nice to me, plus you get a 90-day unconditional warranty. I'd say go for it.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:49 AM

Do you happen to know of a website or anything? Like I said, I found the auction, but there are no pictures. Any info or anything you have? Thanks. :fireman:
Old 07-22-2002, 02:00 PM

some pics
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Gen. Reverse Indiglo Guages-halo_toyota_4runner_92_w.jpg  
Old 07-22-2002, 02:04 PM

green
Attached Thumbnails 2nd Gen. Reverse Indiglo Guages-halo_toyota_4runner_92_g.jpg  
Old 07-22-2002, 02:05 PM

I can't get the blue to load...the file is too big...it's just like the green but blue where everything is green..I guess that's pretty easy to figure out though. I love these guages
Old 07-22-2002, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by runninclean
I can't get the blue to load...the file is too big...it's just like the green but blue where everything is green..I guess that's pretty easy to figure out though. I love these guages
Thanks dude! I appreciate it. Do you have any info at all about them? How they install, etc. Do you know anything about them? Thanks for the pics.! :fireman:
Old 07-22-2002, 02:37 PM

They should install just like regular indiglo guages. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't. They're not at all hard to install and there's a write up in the tech section to lead you along.
Old 07-22-2002, 05:49 PM

Cool dude, thanks alot! I really appreciate it! :fireman:
Old 07-23-2002, 02:39 AM
Contributing Member

Btown let us know if you decide to purchase these things. I did the write-up in the tech section if need any help send me an email and I'll be glad to help ya out. It's not hard at all to do though!
Joey
Old 07-23-2002, 04:04 AM

Yeah, I might need your help. I am almost sure I am going to get them. I have been "studying" your write up. The one question I have is about the blinker arrows. I want to make mine look like butnuts, but I want it in red. When you too apart the dash, do you think there is a way to do that? Butnut used slugs, can I do that as well, if you can remember. Thanks in advance! :fireman:
Old 07-23-2002, 04:30 AM
Contributing Member

Ryan I am not sure because that part of cluster was all concealed when we took it apart. I am sure you have seen the back of a cluster before it's a big maze of contacts and stuff. All I did was pop out some bulbs to run the indiglo wires but that's as deep as we went. Happy bidding and good luck!
Old 07-23-2002, 06:10 AM

Originally posted by UKMyers
Ryan I am not sure because that part of cluster was all concealed when we took it apart. I am sure you have seen the back of a cluster before it's a big maze of contacts and stuff. All I did was pop out some bulbs to run the indiglo wires but that's as deep as we went. Happy bidding and good luck!
Nah, this is all new to me. But I am sure with the help of your write up and the instructions that come with it, I will get through. Just another question if I could. Did you disconnect the lighting for the stock faces. I was thinking about that, but then remembered that I will still need that for like the cruise indicator, belt indicator, etc. So what did you do? Thanks! :fireman:
Old 07-23-2002, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by Philly
So Ryan are you going to bid on these reverse indiglo's? Go for it man. I'm also a bit selfish because I want you to install them and help the rest of us out when it comes our time to install LOL
Thanks man! LOL...nah, I can't bid right now, I don't have the money. I did talk to the guy (through email) and he said I can get them when I have the money. He also said that they install just like indiglo gauges, so that might help. I was going to ask if you wanted me to take the pictures of the install, even though UKMyers did it already. It is just about the same as that. I can and proabably will take a before and after shot! I can't wait! I will let you all know what happens! Thanks for the help. :fireman:
Old 08-02-2002, 06:22 PM

Well, I finally got my gauges here today! I then put them in. I tell you what, these things are really cool. I am completely happy with them. They are awesome looking! I want to thank Joey (UKMyers) for his tech write up. I printed it out and had it sitting next to me the whole time. Without it, I would have been lost. I got them done around 10. I started at 5, but I stopped for dinner and had some difficulties, but everything was worked out and now they look awesome! I love them already. I took some pictures and was wondering if you all wanted a write up, beings as Joey already did one! Just let me know what you want. I will have to take the rest of the pictures tom. because it is raining and the photo session was cut short! Thanks again to everyone and I will post some pictures soon! Thanks! :fireman:

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen. Reverse Indiglo Guages