Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

Clean 1988 FJ62 Landcruiser For Sale, Calico Rock, AR 72519

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clean 1988 FJ62 Landcruiser For Sale, Calico Rock, AR 72519

Clean 1988 FJ62 Landcruiser For Sale, $4000 Calico Rock, AR 72519

Tons of photos of the interior and underneath at:
Thor_Grim/LandCruiser - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've owned her for just about a year now, and I no longer have the time to enjoy her, or the money to own a pleasure vehicle. Odometer reads 185,646 and the speedo cable broke soon after I bought it. I would be surprised if I'd put 2000 miles on since then. Previous owner did some bondo rust repair around the wheel wells that is not perfect, but doesn't look too bad. That, the scratches on the paint and the only body rust are clear in the photos. Body, Frame, and Bumpers are nice and straight. This rig is pretty much rust free. The surface rust on the frame is pretty much it. The very dark areas are not rust, but water because I just washed her before the photos. It has the usual flaking on the rear of the frame where the 2 parts sandwich, but no cancer. You can stab at her with a screwdriver and a hammer all day long. She has a miss that seems to disappear at 2500 RPM, and then you get some power. Also runs a bit rich, but no smoke- Just a fuel heavy smell that blackened the new tailpipe. Also, the washer fluid resevior is broken. Nasty old carpet, a couple good rips in the headliner, plus the usual front seat damage. One rear passenger side wheel stud is stripped like it was the day I bought it. Hasn't caused a problem. Those are the only known issues!

The rear seat is like new. Everything works: Power windows and mirrors, good heat and A/C. In the past year I have given her: New master cylinder, complete brake fluid flush and bleed. Complete rear brake rebuild with new wheel cylinders, new bleeder valves, new shoes, cleaned and greased adjusters and bellcranks. Turned the rotors and wire wheeled the rust off before painting them black with high temp paint- reinstalling everything with anti-seize. New oil in both differentials. New exhaust from down-pipes on out, dual pipes into one muffler, one pipe out. New 02 sensors. New air check valves, belts and hoses. NEW RADIATOR! New water pump. New fuel pump, with access panel cut into rear bed under the carpet so you no longer have to drop the tank to change it. Back flushed heater core with acid, then vinegar and water, got the crud out and now the heater works great. New Fuel pressure regulator. New fuel pulsation dampener, NEW Bosch alternator. New Interstate battery, new cables, stainless hold down bracket. Just did a full tune up with new wires, cap, rotor, and plugs. Oil change. Brand new 31x10.50 Pro-Comp All Terrain tires, no spare sorry. Con-Ferr roof rack that is somehow missing the lengthwise rails on the roof. Decent CD/MP3/flash drive stereo, nicely installed. Also comes with the 1989 factory service manual, and a set of OEM brake pads for the front, which it doesn't need yet.

Other than that miss and the running rich, there are no real issues. No hidden nightmares. The previous owner left all of those for me and I took care of them. I'd rebuild the steering knuckle if I was going to keep it, just to make it nice- but it does not leak diff oil through the seals. She starts and runs every time, and the only thing that would prevent me from driving to wherever you are is the price of gas.

I'm taking a pretty big hit in the wallet to sell it for $4000 OBO after all I've done to her in this last year, but I'm in some financial trouble and I need to sell.

Email at csmay@centurytel.net or Call: 870 297 8931