Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

'87 4Runner Rock crawler

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool '87 4Runner Rock crawler

Vehicle Description

I am selling my baby! It's an '87 4Runner Rockcrawler! The body has 263k on it and the engine has about 60k on it! I invested $3000 into it in new parts about 3 months ago and $2500 in labor! I also installed a factory Inclinometer from an '85 4Runner! This is a dedicated trail rig and as such, shows a lot of "character" in the form of some dents and scratchs! Nothing extensive, no panels missing or anything like that! Here is a list of the new parts:

-Engine, tranny and transfer case are all stock
-4:11 gears in axles
-Lock-rite locker in rear axle
-Rebuilt Toyota axle from an '85 4Runner-all new seals, bearings, rebuilt Aisin manual locking hubs, and a front axle gusset from Trail-Gear
-New 6" lift kit from Trail-Gear-5" kit gives you 6"'s with the shackles.
-All shackles and springs are greasable
-Solid Axle Swap kit from Trail-Gear
-Hi-steer
-Warn Tabor 9K winch on custom winch mount
-Heavy duty large diff. guards on both axles-from Trail-Gear
-rock sliders from Trail-Gear
-rock lights-4 of them
-12" travel front drive shaft from Trail-Gear
-Cobra CB
-in-cab winch controls located on shift stick
-new vented rotors, new pads and new calipers-rotors are from Trail-Gear
-Yellow top Deka Battery (same as Optima-different company)
-Bilstein 5150 shocks on all 4 corners
-Shock hoops on front from Trail-Gear
-Rear shocks are in-boarded for more travel
-Can-Back canvas top-rolls up or easily removed in 10 minutes
-New clutch from Trail-Gear
-33" Dayton Timberline tires w/ 50-60% tread left on them. Excellent tire!! I wish they made them in 35's because I would by them without thinking twice!!
-Lengthened rear drive shaft with double-cardon joints at top and bottom
-Extended steel braided brake lines
-Magnetic drain plug in both differentials
-K&N air filter
-Doug Thorley Headers
-Matching 33" spare
-Hi-Lift jack included
-I have a swing away tire carrier that used to be on it. When all the parts were put on, it had to come off because the rear shackles were moved back. I will include it in the sale. It can be put back on with a little custom work. It holds 2 jerry cans and the hi-lift jack!
-Pure synthetic oil in the engine and transfer case, Lucas in the diff.'s
-U-bolt flip kit on both axles
There are only a couple things to point out:

-I swapped out the transfer case, and was in a hurry, so all the metal wasn't perfectly dried off when I put new permatex on it, therefore it didn't create the best seal. So when you are at highway speeds for a while, it will sometimes force some fluid out. An hour of your time and some new permatex and it will be fine!

-The new clutch works like a champ! I only drive it once a week, if that, so when it starts cold, the clutch will make some noise, but stops within minutes.
-The Can-Back top is about 5-6 yrs old. It will let some water in during heavy downpours but nothing major! It is also missing some snaps, but nothing that affects its performance!
-The radio works, but the CD player doesn't!
-The off-road lights on the hood need a new relay!
-The E-Brake doesn't work!

I think that just about covers everything! All the new parts are from Trail-Gear and were professionally installed.This rig is not a trailer queen. I drive it to the trails, I conquer the trails, and then I drive it home! It will go virtually anywhere you want it to! It has been all over Tellico and River Rock! I am moving out of state and have to cut my losses! Therefore, my loss is going to be someones gain! I have included some pictures and have tried to show the dents on the sides! I have also included a picture showing what the tire carrier looks like on the vehicle, however; THE TIRE CARRIER IS NOT ON THE VEHICLE ANYMORE! This picture is just to show what it looks like on there!

Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions! My cell phone is 706-255-6902 and my home number is 706-652-3819!

I will not arrange for the vehicle to be delivered. The buyer is responsible for picking up the vehicle. It doesn't need to be trailered if you are within a couple hours of my location!

I HAVE THE TITLE IN HAND. I WILL ACCEPT PAYMENT IN THE FORM OF CASH IN-HAND OR A PERSONAL CHECK! HOWEVER, IF YOU PAY WITH A PERSONAL CHECK, I WILL NOT RELEASE THE VEHICLE UNTIL THE FUNDS HAVE CLEARED MY BANK ACCOUNT! NO EXCEPTIONS!

This vehicle is sold as-is with no warranties implied what-so-ever! Thank you for your time and interest!

Happy Trails!

I will post the pictures tomorrow!

Last edited by Tobi-Wan; 08-12-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Am I within driving distance of you? And how much $ are you asking for this bad boy?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:49 AM

For the color blind:

Originally Posted by Tobi-Wan
Vehicle Description

I am selling my baby! It's an '87 4Runner Rockcrawler! The body has 263k on it and the engine has about 60k on it! I invested $3000 into it in new parts about 3 months ago and $2500 in labor! I also installed a factory Inclinometer from an '85 4Runner! This is a dedicated trail rig and as such, shows a lot of "character" in the form of some dents and scratchs! Nothing extensive, no panels missing or anything like that! Here is a list of the new parts:

-Engine, tranny and transfer case are all stock
-4:11 gears in axles
-Lock-rite locker in rear axle
-Rebuilt Toyota axle from an '85 4Runner-all new seals, bearings, rebuilt Aisin manual locking hubs, and a front axle gusset from Trail-Gear
-New 6" lift kit from Trail-Gear-5" kit gives you 6"'s with the shackles.
-All shackles and springs are greasable
-Solid Axle Swap kit from Trail-Gear
-Hi-steer
-Warn Tabor 9K winch on custom winch mount
-Heavy duty large diff. guards on both axles-from Trail-Gear
-rock sliders from Trail-Gear
-rock lights-4 of them
-12" travel front drive shaft from Trail-Gear
-Cobra CB
-in-cab winch controls located on shift stick
-new vented rotors, new pads and new calipers-rotors are from Trail-Gear
-Yellow top Deka Battery (same as Optima-different company)
-Bilstein 5150 shocks on all 4 corners
-Shock hoops on front from Trail-Gear
-Rear shocks are in-boarded for more travel
-Can-Back canvas top-rolls up or easily removed in 10 minutes
-New clutch from Trail-Gear
-33" Dayton Timberline tires w/ 50-60% tread left on them. Excellent tire!! I wish they made them in 35's because I would by them without thinking twice!!
-Lengthened rear drive shaft with double-cardon joints at top and bottom
-Extended steel braided brake lines
-Magnetic drain plug in both differentials
-K&N air filter
-Doug Thorley Headers
-Matching 33" spare
-Hi-Lift jack included
-I have a swing away tire carrier that used to be on it. When all the parts were put on, it had to come off because the rear shackles were moved back. I will include it in the sale. It can be put back on with a little custom work. It holds 2 jerry cans and the hi-lift jack!
-Pure synthetic oil in the engine and transfer case, Lucas in the diff.'s
-U-bolt flip kit on both axles
There are only a couple things to point out:

-I swapped out the transfer case, and was in a hurry, so all the metal wasn't perfectly dried off when I put new permatex on it, therefore it didn't create the best seal. So when you are at highway speeds for a while, it will sometimes force some fluid out. An hour of your time and some new permatex and it will be fine!

-The new clutch works like a champ! I only drive it once a week, if that, so when it starts cold, the clutch will make some noise, but stops within minutes.
-The Can-Back top is about 5-6 yrs old. It will let some water in during heavy downpours but nothing major! It is also missing some snaps, but nothing that affects its performance!
-The radio works, but the CD player doesn't!
-The off-road lights on the hood need a new relay!
-The E-Brake doesn't work!

I think that just about covers everything! All the new parts are from Trail-Gear and were professionally installed.This rig is not a trailer queen. I drive it to the trails, I conquer the trails, and then I drive it home! It will go virtually anywhere you want it to! It has been all over Tellico and River Rock! I am moving out of state and have to cut my losses! Therefore, my loss is going to be someones gain! I have included some pictures and have tried to show the dents on the sides! I have also included a picture showing what the tire carrier looks like on the vehicle, however; THE TIRE CARRIER IS NOT ON THE VEHICLE ANYMORE! This picture is just to show what it looks like on there!

Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions! My cell phone is 706-255-6902 and my home number is 706-652-3819!

I will not arrange for the vehicle to be delivered. The buyer is responsible for picking up the vehicle. It doesn't need to be trailered if you are within a couple hours of my location!

I HAVE THE TITLE IN HAND. I WILL ACCEPT PAYMENT IN THE FORM OF CASH IN-HAND OR A PERSONAL CHECK! HOWEVER, IF YOU PAY WITH A PERSONAL CHECK, I WILL NOT RELEASE THE VEHICLE UNTIL THE FUNDS HAVE CLEARED MY BANK ACCOUNT! NO EXCEPTIONS!

This vehicle is sold as-is with no warranties implied what-so-ever! Thank you for your time and interest!

Happy Trails!

I will post the pictures tomorrow!
Old 08-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Is there a price or a location?

Old 08-12-2007, 07:13 AM

Sorry about that! I am asking $4500. The price is somewhat negotiable! Feel free to call me with any questions. cell: 706-255-6902 Try me at home first, as I don't have much cell phone signal at the house! 706-652-3819 Thanks!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:15 AM

Here is my ad on toyota-4runner.org. it has some pictures attached to it!

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...573#post254573
Old 08-12-2007, 08:41 AM

The price is $4500 and is somewhat negotiable and the location is near Commerce, GA! Pics can be seen here:

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...573#post254573
Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 AM

Please feel free to contact me with any questions! Try me at home first: 706-652-3819 cell 706-255-6902 Thanks!

Tobie
Old 08-14-2007, 04:16 AM

No, I don't believe Aurora, ID is within driving distance!
Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

ANYWHERE is within driving distance. lol. just depends on how far you want to go, and how much gas you have.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 AM

aaahhh, you make a very valid point my friend! In that case, sure, Aurora, ID is within driving distance! That settles it!
Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 AM

Thats not so far considering I am in Indiana not Idaho. Haha
Old 08-14-2007, 09:34 AM

NICE! I guess I should try paying better attention! So.........do we have a deal or what!? LOL