Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

1977 fj40 Pimped out,the shizzle no dizzell

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1977 fj40 Pimped out,the shizzle no dizzell

This is my 1977Fj40 that I have had for 3 years, I have worked on it non stop for this time getting the truck exactly where I wanted it. It is kept in a heated garage. I bought it locally and has been in AZ and NM its entire life. I have done all the work myself and have over done most things as I am a picky fanatic freak when it comes to my fj40. No short cuts were taken and no expense spared. I have before and after shots showing the stages of the transformation. Some Toyota purest will not like what I have done as they will say it “is not stock” well jump off a big cliff because I do not care, there are plenty of stock Fj40 sitting in museums , stock FJ40’s are real pain!!! This truck is a sweaty, and now it is fun to drive, you could drive this one coast to coast, it goes down the road real nice. Who wants manual steering, sketchy brakes, carburetors, uncomfortable seats, noisy interiors ect. the list is long. The upgrades I have made are for the better. I built this truck to satisfy me and most will agree that these improvements are golden. Many might ask do you rock crawl with this rig, No, I built this for weekend exploring/camping with my wife and friends, but rock crawling is not what I built it for as they usually are not very all around useful, but this FJ does it all. But it looks too good you say, well yes it does, I won first place in a car show with it. But I use it and also take very good care off it. Just ask my wife, I fuss at her if she shuts the door too hard. Overall shape you ask, well it is very good, but has been used, a scratch here and their but not really noticeable. Again it is not perfect, close but not perfect, but it is very cherry!!! I have a stated Insurance replacement policy for $37,500.00 to cover theft or a total loss. Well here is the short list of upgrades, I am sure I am leaving some stuff out but this is what I recall off the top of my head. I have a stack of receipts to go with this FJ. Also has secret fuel pump turn off switch!

Engine
Stock straight 6 Motor, recent valve adjust, GM TBI fuel injection with GM HEI distrubter, original style air breather/ filter assembly with snorkel/ functional, header, GM 115 amp alternator, GM power steering with cooler, Toyota rear main seal .Full custom exhaust system, can’t be dragged off with a rock/ ect. Toyota intake manifold cooling fan on switch, new radiator and fan clutch, water pump, thermostat. Man-A-Free oil cooler. All belts and hoses replaced.
Tranny
Rebuilt Man-A-Free Ausy 4 speed with granny first gear , center force clutch, OEM slave cylinder/ hose, arm/ spring, all moving clutch parts.Also have the stock tranny.
T-Case
Complete Rebuilt Toyota 3- speed transfer case, new parking brake shoes, parking brake really works! Skid plate. Has a 50-1 crawl ratio.
Axels
Stock axels completely rebuilt , that means every bearing/race, every seal front and rear has been replaced PERIOD! With 4:88 gears all ARBed up, both ends. Runs on CO2 and has under hood manifold so you can not blow a seal in lockers. Has BFG mud terrains 35/12.50-15 tires with black steel wheels, set of 5. Has 1.5 inch billet aluminum cnc milled spacers in rear, 1 inch in front. Rancho 9000 shocks all the way around, fully adjustable. Steering stabilizer, high mount, cant be ripped off, Man-A-Free leaf springs, with shackle reversal.Total greasable Man-A-Free 4 plus shackles and spring pins, replaced spring bushings.Replaced all lug nuts. And Long Fields birfs up front. I also replaced all tie rod ends, knuckles rebuilt. Man-A-Fre U-Bolt flip kits front and rear.
Brakes
4 wheel disk, has awesome stopping power with Man-A-Free cross drilled rotors up and solid in the rear, Man-A-Free brackets for Monte Carlo calibers, all new parts! And per portioning valve under hood, new master cylinder. All steel braded brake lines.
Outside/body
This fj40 started life with me October of 2002 as a blue rust free Arizona FJ, The body is a complete rust free, even rear sill by the rear doors, rockers, floor boards. The rear doors were bought local and sand blasted and the painted. The inside of the tub was sand blasted then was treated with sprayed in bed liner by Linex and original floor mat., I have hard top as well as a soft top. It has Man-A-Free 4 plus front and rear bumpers with D-rings, back is a swing out, tire /cooler, real nice! Has a warn 8274-50 winch, Hella rally 4000 lights up front, pia 6 inch up top, Hella twin beam side lights as well as back up. I painted the truck myself at local bodyshop with Sikens paint, in a booth, I ended up using almost 2 gallons of clear on this FJ, all of FJ sanded and buffed after I was done.New turn signal lights up front and rear/stop turn. Rear fender flairs, 1 inch body lift from Man-A-Free 4 plus. Even the stock round lights are upgraded to Hella with Piaa 100 watt bulbs. Red cast High lift jack, also has tow package.
Electrical
All of accessories have been put on a aux. fuse box with relay and correct size wiring. All wires have been wire loomed. Every thing has its own fuse/relay, blade style, stock wiring is in great shape and has not been hacked into. Man-A-Free dual battery tray with twin Optimas, red top.
Interior
Full roll cage by Metal Tech. Cloth seats out of 12K prelude, super nice, reclinable, fully adjustable. Tuffy center console with Top or the line Cobra tweaked and peaked, weather radio, with external big mouth speaker, all lockable in Tuffy. Has lockable dash box, all gauges work fine, has Sunpro tach and set of 3 oil,water,volt gauges. Even has electric PTO switch for winching. Also has check engine light for fuel injection. Has a super interior light for night time use on switch. Front and rear heat work great with no leaks, full padding on roll bar. Has the big Tuffy storage box in back, ball bearing slide with lock. 1993 FJ80 steering wheel, new leather wrap, horn works too. New ignition switch. Has Kenwood stereo with alpine amp, 75x4, rear 6x9, front component 6.5 MB Quarts. New shift knobs. Has a aluminum CO2 tank for lockers and air for tires, fire extinguisher, compass/weather meter/altimeter, level gaudge/angle reader.

MISC.
Dual tanks front stock with rear being a Man-A-Free set up, all works on toggle switch with OEM factory gauge. All fuel lines replaced. Fire extinguisher, comes with spare fuel pump, fuel filter, distrubter cap, have them in the storage box, never needed them. Comes with full origanal hard top, I replaced headliner, paint is not new.

BAD NEWS, well it is for sale, the only thing that does not work is the CD player, radio works fine. I have a sony cd player that works fine I can throw in if you want it, there is also a small scrape/ding in rear passenger 1/4 behind rear wheel and a paint blemish on the rear passenger 1/4, Can e-mail pics to anyone that wants to see more.

$24999.00 Here are some good pics

Old 01-27-2006, 10:39 AM

Old 01-27-2006, 10:40 AM

Old 01-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of luck with your sale, that looks amazing!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:41 AM

dayum thats gorgeous. man i hate money
Old 01-27-2006, 11:49 AM

that is a beautiful cruiser. i second the other 2 replies so far and will glady say again, nice cruiser.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:49 AM

Old 01-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

oh my... do you take kidneys as payment? that is by far one of the most gorgeous vintage cruisers i have EVER seen
Old 01-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Banned

WOW. that is beautiful! why would you ever sell that?! good luck with the sale, i really hope it goes to a good home!
Old 01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Contributing Member

i cant stop looking.. its too perfect.. i would take this over a new fj in a second..
Old 01-27-2006, 12:22 PM

im with you msw, i cant stop looking at it. its sooooooo beautiful, cant resist, selling my body for cheap sex to make car payments
Old 01-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Banned

WOW amazing!!

mind if i pay you in pennies over the next 40 years??

good luck with the sale!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

want a built 99 4runner
Old 01-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow that is beautiful!! I would love to see that in person!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:59 PM

Beautiful FJ!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's clean.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

dito on all of the above... I get to say it too, NICE FJ!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

ok, someone's gotta buy for this for me now!!!

Now that's one BEAUTIFUL 40!!
Old 02-26-2006, 05:26 PM

BUMP for thes sexiest FJ EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 05:57 PM

unbelievable, good work , whats up for the next three years? how about making it a 4door?

jk good work

Quick Reply: 1977 fj40 Pimped out,the shizzle no dizzell