Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels
Sponsored by:
Click Here

tire repair dryrot

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Question tire repair dryrot

I was just given a set of tires that i plan to use for trail use only. I'm not planning on putting a lot of street miles on them. They have some dry rot/cracking. My budget is tight and the tires have very little wear, so, is there a goo/product that could be painted inside the tire to seal small cracks. any kind of "chemical re-vulcanizing(made up term) ?? the only thing spent so far is elbow grease getting them off the truck they were on, so i dont mind spending a few bucks if i could get a little more miles out of 'em. j. in b'ham
justinsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
This one time, at band camp
Personal Sales Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to DeathCougar Send a message via Yahoo to DeathCougar
You cannot simply "seal" the cracks. The rubber is old and brittle, and dry rotted. DO NOT run those tires on the street, they can blow out and cause a big accident.
Tacoma miniheader install kit Now available! Click here for ordering information

Originally Posted by BigBluePile View Post
Hmmm, dunno. Ask the oem Nazi DC.
Originally Posted by kiyobrown View Post
I'll cut you.
DeathCougar is offline   Reply With Quote