Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Firstone Destination Mt's

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstone Destination Mt's

Well I've been in the market for some new tires and just can't seem to figure out what I want. The cheapest I can get the Goodyear's for is about $800 installed, $750 for Duellers and I know I can't afford BFG's. I've been looking here lately at the new Firestone Destination Mt's and they seem to be a really nice tire. I can get them for $139 a piece off of tirerack.com, but all the Firestone/Bridgestone dealers here where I live want $180 per tire, which is absurd seeing I can get Goodyear's for cheaper than that. I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and buy the Firestones off tirerack or just break down and buy the Goodyear's. The Firestone's are $632 including shipping, but then I have to get them mounted and balanced which I can get done for fairly cheap, but then I have to pay everytime I want them rotated and balanced. I'm just not sure what I should do. Any suggestions
Old 12-05-2003, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my BFG M/T's for $147 ea from Sam's Club (33x12.5R15). The Goodyear MT/R's were $179 per tire at Sam's Club. That's why I went to the BFG's (that and good past experiences with the A/T's).

I thought about the Firestones, but didn't they were proven yet. Not to mention the tarnished reputation of Firestone.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah I know what you mean about Firestone's reputation, but I'm sure they have fixed the problem concerning their tires. I wish i had 15" rims. It's absurd that tire prices between 15-16" are so different. Oh well I'll let ya'll know what comes about
Old 12-05-2003, 10:07 AM

Go for it. Somebody needs to try 'em
Old 12-05-2003, 10:40 AM

I saw these on a Ford the other day, and they look really really aggressive! I started looking into them too, as come spring I will be swapping to a mud tire

I hear if you tell firestone about tirerack, they will most likely match prices. If not, just get them from tirerack and have them mounted at sears or somewhere else.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:45 AM

I've been interested in getting a set for some time. There's still very little info on them at this point, but I know my firestone dealer is selling them like hotcakes. I've seen the on several rigs locally, and they look great (not that that means much, but...). I have a buddy who works at the firestone shop - he said people have been very happy with them so far... somone who works there even runs them on his pickup.

So still no real data about them, but...

I'll be putting them on my rig just as soon as possible. I've gotta get new wheels and a body lift in order to fit 33s, so I'm hoping my current tires will last the winter.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by INsr5runner
I saw these on a Ford the other day, and they look really really aggressive! I started looking into them too, as come spring I will be swapping to a mud tire

I hear if you tell firestone about tirerack, they will most likely match prices. If not, just get them from tirerack and have them mounted at sears or somewhere else.
Yeah that's what i thought. I didn't mention it to the Firestone dealership i talked to today, but they had the highest price of the 3 tire stores I went to and the other stores were mainly Bridgestone stores, but the could order the Firestones. They had them in stock at the Firestone place and still didn't come off the price. I think I might just end up doing tirerack and getting them mounted at Sears like you said. I'll let ya'll know what comes about.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

If you buy your tires from tirerack, they have a deal with Just tires, they will mount and balance them for you for something like $13/tire (not sure exact price). Then purchase lifetime balancing from them for $50. thats what I've been doing
Old 12-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by sdastg1
If you buy your tires from tirerack, they have a deal with Just tires, they will mount and balance them for you for something like $13/tire (not sure exact price). Then purchase lifetime balancing from them for $50. thats what I've been doing
I don't think we have a Just Tire store here in SC. Do they do that with any other companies? That would be a great deal if I could do that.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Home: Aurora, CO; Work: The People's Republic of Denver
Check with Costco, they can get just about anything in at a good price. And the one near me does FREE rotations for all members, $4.00/tire balancing, no matter where you bought your tires from.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member

Just tires is affiliated with another chain. I forget if its sears or goodyear, or someone else. I just don't remember. They had them in chicago, and they have them here in Md, thats why I went with them.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rwmorrisonjr
Check with Costco, they can get just about anything in at a good price. And the one near me does FREE rotations for all members, $4.00/tire balancing, no matter where you bought your tires from.
It figures, but we don't have a Costco either. I guess I'll just go up to Sears and see what they can do for me.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Contributing Member

Doesn't firestone have a deal with Duller A/T Revos right now? Buy 3 get one free? or do you have to have an MT?
Old 12-06-2003, 05:24 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by turboale
Doesn't firestone have a deal with Duller A/T Revos right now? Buy 3 get one free? or do you have to have an MT?
Yeah they do, but I was looking for something more aggresive. Thanks for the thought though. I would definetly look into those if I was going to an AT.