Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

First impressions of Bridgestone Dueler Revo

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First impressions of Bridgestone Dueler Revo

They're on!

Ordered them on Wednesday from Tirerack, sent 3day from IN (to me in MA), arrived here Friday
Somehow it was labeled 3day Friday delivery. Whatever, I'm happy

Drove to work with the BFG's as usual, had the new tires/wheels loaded up ready to put together (I'm a tire installed by day right now).
During my free time I got everything together and put them on.
Drive home was incredible!
I could hear virtually NO road noise!
MUCH smoother ride, although I would guess air pressure had a little to do with that (30psi vs 35psi).
On road gription was better too!
I could take my usuall quick turns without tire squeal
I'll have to see how they handle in the snow, but I am VERY pleased with them!
Well worth the $600 (shipped)

Anyone want some 31x10.5x15" BFG AT's? They're mounted on 15x8's, but it's 5x4.5 bolt pattern (fit some heeps and f*ds). :shiner:
Todd

EDIT -

Last edited by Todd E; 11-23-2003 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:54 AM

I will put this tire up against any tire on the market. I think it's one of the top 3 best off-road tires made, not to mention it's great on-road manners. I've put it through it's paces off-road, and I'm a true beleiver they're better than most mud tires on the market.

Chris
Old 11-23-2003, 10:07 AM

I can do anything offroad w/ my revos that my friend w/ BF A/t's can do, and I love the on road grip, and lack of road noise. My truck had crappy firestone street tires when I got it, and those made so much more noise than my revo's.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Contributing Member

are they noisy on the road? thanks, i need some 305/75 radials with better road manners than my swamper tsl's and you guys seem to love the revos.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

I miss my revos. I went with the non-revos b/c they had the size I needed in stock and I'm regreting every minute of it. I couldn't break my revos out with my HD bils and HD omes. I drive a really really twisty road to work and I know the limits of my truck quite well because of it. My dead revos were as good as the brand new non-revos. I'm a strong supporter of the revos... THEY ARE WORTH IT, I promise!
Old 11-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

Nice looking tires. Do me a favor though and take a rag and some sort of cleaner and scrub that dumb blue stuff off the whitewalls!! haha I hate when people leave that crap on till it wears off. I took them off my BF's before I ever installed the tires. Okay I'll get down now
Old 11-23-2003, 11:52 AM

If you like them on-road and off-road then on snow they will blow you away!!! I drove on them last winter to and from the mountain all the time, on packed snow during a clear day i would cruise along at 60 without the slightest feeling of inseucurity. and once it hits the steep parts when all the other cars line up and crawl their way up to the mountain i usually hop into the left lane and fly up past everyone (not in a wreckless manner of course) its just that thee tires are soooo capable!
Old 11-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Contributing Member

What kind of mileage warrant to the Revos come with? The BFG ATs is what I really wanted but no mileage warranty turned me off.
Old 11-23-2003, 01:10 PM

I think, I have put 5000 miles on mine and they are sweet. No noise and sticky no matter what the surface. Worth every penny!!!!
Old 11-23-2003, 01:26 PM

I am getting the 265-70-17 for my 4runner. At a Firestone Store they have a special going until the end of the month, buy 3 get one free. They are $158.99 a piece, $477 for 4 compared to the tire racks $512 + shipping($107 and on backorder). Just wanted to let everybody know.
Old 11-23-2003, 02:05 PM

The revos will outperform the BF A/T's without a doubt. I have ridden multiple types of trails with vehicles with both tires, and the Bridgestone's are a better tire on and off-road without question. As far as noise, there really isn't any, unless you are comparing to a 100% street tire. I'm supercharged with all the fuel upgrades, and I can't get them to break loose at full throttle. They are 285's, which I think is the largest size. I wish they made them in 35's, because it's going to take a lot to get me to change tires, even after I turn my vehicle into a trail only rig within the next two years. This tire is awesome, and I'll put them up against the MT/R's or any other rock/mud tire on the market.

Chris
Old 11-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

thanks chris
that sucks if they dont and wont have a 305's, they need some!!its still a 33, 315's are 35's.:cry:
Old 11-23-2003, 02:15 PM

Yeah, I wish they had a 315/75R16, because I'd be all over them once I turn this thing into a trail only rig.

I forgot to answer whoever it was that asked about the mileage warranty. It's 50,000 miles, and the BF A/T's don't have one at all.

I can't wait to wheel with Steve and all the others that have bought into the Good year MT/R's horrible on-road abilities for what they feel is the best rock crawling tire they've found. I'd say I won't have a problem at all keeping up with these tires, because I've seen them in action, and I'm not impressed.

Chris
Old 11-23-2003, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by ravencr
The revos will outperform the BF A/T's without a doubt. I have ridden multiple types of trails with vehicles with both tires, and the Bridgestone's are a better tire on and off-road without question. As far as noise, there really isn't any, unless you are comparing to a 100% street tire. I'm supercharged with all the fuel upgrades, and I can't get them to break loose at full throttle. They are 285's, which I think is the largest size. I wish they made them in 35's, because it's going to take a lot to get me to change tires, even after I turn my vehicle into a trail only rig within the next two years. This tire is awesome, and I'll put them up against the MT/R's or any other rock/mud tire on the market.

Chris
BFG's are better

Haha j/k. I've never ridden in dueler revo's, but one of the guys last run had a set and he didn't seem to slip anywhere, Then again I didn't either
Old 11-23-2003, 02:24 PM

Two weekends ago I was in a large group of jeeps, most with mud/rock tires of different makes and models, one with street tires, one with BF A/T's, and then me. It was raining off and on all day, making the trails totally different than when dry. After 12.5 hours on the trail, it was determined that Toyota 4runners with Revo's what the vehicle and tire choice of the day without question by everyone in the group. They were all amazed to say the least. It was totally opposite of what you would have expected, but the truth is, the revo's rock off-road in all conditions, PERIOD! The second best tire was the BF A/T's without a doubt, but they had a little more trouble, which could have been the tires or the driver or some of both, so who knows.

Chris
Old 11-23-2003, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, this is some news to me.

My truck has MT/R's.

My bro BFG AT KO's.

My folks REVO's.

I have driven all three through mud, snow, slush and ice. I wheel my truck, not the folks truck and nothing hard with my bros truck. The Revos are nice on road, probably has a lot to do with it being on a new Sequoia.

Arizona rocks will like the REVO's, but I am not sure about mud and the complete obselescence of MT/R's. Also I wonder about sidewalls.

Anything different between the rigs like lockers or tire pressure, not like that would have anything to do with performance...
Old 11-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

maybe ill try these since i can get a 33x12.5, we need to complain for larger sizes
http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...2FT+%28D693%29)

check out the customer ratings too:
http://www.1010tires.com/tiresearch....2&lasttire=354

(towards the bottom of the page)

Last edited by its2slo; 11-23-2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by ravencr
I will put this tire up against any tire on the market. I think it's one of the top 3 best off-road tires made, not to mention it's great on-road manners. I've put it through it's paces off-road, and I'm a true beleiver they're better than most mud tires on the market.

Chris
hmm...that's a pretty bold statement

my top 3:
super swamper tsl
gateway buckshot mudder(if they're even made any more)
goodyear mt/r

they look like they'd knock any of my top 3 out on the road easily, though.
Old 11-23-2003, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by Flygtenstein
Wow, this is some news to me.

My truck has MT/R's.

My bro BFG AT KO's.

My folks REVO's.

I have driven all three through mud, snow, slush and ice. I wheel my truck, not the folks truck and nothing hard with my bros truck. The Revos are nice on road, probably has a lot to do with it being on a new Sequoia.

Arizona rocks will like the REVO's, but I am not sure about mud and the complete obselescence of MT/R's. Also I wonder about sidewalls.

Anything different between the rigs like lockers or tire pressure, not like that would have anything to do with performance...
I've been totally amazed myself with these tires. Actually, I was able to wheel harder sections of the trails with my rear locker/Revo combination that three Jeep Rubicon's while fully locked with MT/R's. It was wet, muddy, and slick as ice. We couldn't even walk up the main parts climbs. Nobody could believe how well they performed in comparison to the so called "mud/rock tires." The Jeep Cherokee had open diffs, which proved to be the only way to run one of the hills that took us 3.5 hours to make it up. My 4runner was the only one that made it the first time with my rear open due to the off-camber slope of the steep hill. With is locked, it was sliding way worse in the rear. I'm sure you know what I mean with lockers. The Jeep Cherokee finally made it up after about 10 attempts at near full throttle going crazy up the hill. He's got the BF A/T's. At this point on the trail, we had 4 other jeeps. Once with MT/R's, one with Interco Swampers, one with some off brand mud tire, and one with some other mud tire I can't remember. Not one of them made it up the hill. One jeep had locker front and rear, two with rear lockers, on with open diffs front and rear, and not one of them made it up the hill without winching. I was the only one to make it up on the first try, and everyone was totally amazed, myself included. Me and the Cherokee were within 2 psi of pressure in our tires. I was running 15 psi and he was running 16 or 17 psi, but I can't remember which. Everyone else was also aired down, and to be honest, I never looked at my tires to see if they were cleaning out while going up the hill, but I can say that not one of the mud tires were self cleaning. They were complete slicks! It was an enlightening day, that's for sure.

To add to that, I was wheeling yesterday, and there's one trail where a friend of ours broke his rear axle on his jeep going up some ledges, and I wanted to try it again on the second set of ledges to see how I could do. Well, we got to the trail to find two jeeps up on the first set of ledges. One of the jeeps had just rolled, and there was an audience of about 20-25 people watching in amazement. Then after they came done with little damage luckily, I told everyone to watch how it was done totaly joking, but after a couple of attempts the old Toyota went right up them. Needless to say that in the last couple of weeks, I have decided two things: I will never buy a Jeep and I will "probably" never buy any other tire than the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos.

Chris
Old 11-23-2003, 03:50 PM

Originally posted by its2slo
maybe ill try these since i can get a 33x12.5, we need to complain for larger sizes
http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...2FT+%28D693%29)

check out the customer ratings too:
http://www.1010tires.com/tiresearch....2&lasttire=354

(towards the bottom of the page)
Why would you choose to go with the street version of the revo, when you could have ratings like this: http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...ler+A%2FT+Revo

Plus a smaller or slightly larger size of the revo will smoke the performance of the standard AT from Bridgestone. I would also read the reviews on Tirerack to see what I'm talking about.

Chris

Quick Reply: First impressions of Bridgestone Dueler Revo