3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

Coming to the end of my swap, few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oops haha forgot to mention that there all hooked up with the lines..that's a old picture.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:34 PM

anyone with the whistling air sound and fuel pump problem?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It would sound to me like the fuel system has a leak and the pump keeps running. If you leave it on, does fuel run onto the ground?
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM

I don't see any fuel anywhere..I know the fuel pump just stays on..

Truck won't start..just trys to turn over.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Tried it again today still that same whistling noise, I pulled the return as the fuel pump was on and it was sending fuel back pretty good?
Old 07-13-2011, 07:59 PM

I thunk you are going to just have to isolate the noise and fix it. Sounds simple i know, but I don't knownwhat else to say.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 PM

ohh mann alright im getting tired and frustrated..
so is this another possible problem?..i looked down and seen both these wires cut that go into to the 3.0 body harness..im using one of the black and red wires that gets hot when the key is turned to "ON" and it has a inline fuse and that goes to the wire for the fuel pump off of the 3.4 ecm plug and the wire that is coming from the fuel pump that is underneath the carpet is that correct?

and where does the other thick black and red wire go to?..the COR?

thanks

Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
So from what I see you have your pump hot-wired to be constant hot when you turn your key on. Should not be like this. Take another look at how the cor system works and wire it properly so the trigger is the maf like it should be.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:15 PM

ah what really..guess i should of read the diagram first before taking another word for it
thats what i got from another user on here...is that the possible reason that my fuel pump doesnt shut off and its flooding the motor with fuel?

so do those two red and black wires from the 3.0 harness run to anywhere or just stay in that plug??

and where are these 2 (one from fuel pump and one from ecm) fuel pump wires supposed to go?

thanks!

Last edited by flaunt; 07-27-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM
totally a bro
Staff

The blue wire that runs to the fuel pump ran to the check connector in the 3.0 engine harness for testing the pump. An that is exactly why your fp is on when the key is on. That wire is not used in the swap harness if I recall. Look at both engine controll/ecu ewd's side by side and see how the cor is wired on both. They both get the signal from the afm/maf sensor in the intake. Do you understand the proccess of labeling and identifying the different pins/ wire colors on the ewd?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 PM

I do grasp that concept..just have a hard time understanding the the wiring diagrams and how everything runs..I understand the basics ..I just don't know what I should do with the wires now?..doesn't the blue wire from the body harness get connected to the ecm with a inline fuse and the one coming from the fuel pump needs to be spliced back into where it originally goes under the carpet under the passenger seat?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by vital22re
The blue wire that runs to the fuel pump ran to the check connector in the 3.0 engine harness for testing the pump. An that is exactly why your fp is on when the key is on. That wire is not used in the swap harness if I recall. Look at both engine controll/ecu ewd's side by side and see how the cor is wired on both. They both get the signal from the afm/maf sensor in the intake. Do you understand the proccess of labeling and identifying the different pins/ wire colors on the ewd?
I am going to disagree. The 3.4 setup for the cor doesnt run through the maf. It's a very simple relay setup. Power in and power out exactly like you would wire up a relay for a light or any accessory.

Vital can fill you in on how to wire the 3.0 cor to work as I know he has done this and I haven't or even looked at the design for more than a few seconds. The 3.4 is so simple I just went with that since I have many relays.

To use the 3.4 style, just go grab a relay from any car stereo shop.

85 to the g-y wire (FP) off ECM
86 & 30 to an ignition source
87 to the b-o wire to the fuel pump

To use the 3.0 setup, I believe you that you can take the FC lead from the ECM and run it to the g-y wire that is on the cor? Vital can you confirm?

Last edited by dntsdad; 07-27-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:15 AM

Hey Dntsdad,

I can confirm that you are correct in wiring the COR. It's just the FC wire from the ECU to it.

-Chris
Old 07-28-2011, 08:23 AM

ok stupiddddd rookie question FC stands for ..?

then basically take whatever the fc wire coming out of the ECM and splice a inline fuse and run it to the G-Y wire on the COR?..
which is the green wire im assuming here? (sorry havent checked the truck im at work)

Old 07-28-2011, 02:06 PM
totally a bro
Staff

Originally Posted by dntsdad
I am going to disagree. The 3.4 setup for the cor doesnt run through the maf. It's a very simple relay setup. Power in and power out exactly like you would wire up a relay for a light or any accessory.

Vital can fill you in on how to wire the 3.0 cor to work as I know he has done this and I haven't or even looked at the design for more than a few seconds. The 3.4 is so simple I just went with that since I have many relays.

To use the 3.4 style, just go grab a relay from any car stereo shop.

85 to the g-y wire (FP) off ECM
86 & 30 to an ignition source
87 to the b-o wire to the fuel pump

To use the 3.0 setup, I believe you that you can take the FC lead from the ECM and run it to the g-y wire that is on the cor? Vital can you confirm?
Thats my mistake, I didn't explain it right. maf does send signal, but it sends to ecu to trigger the cor. Trying to type from I phone I don't always see what i've typed. Sorry for the confusion
Old 07-28-2011, 04:42 PM

soo anyone? if im retaining the 3.0 cor of what i said off of the picture above?

what i tried doing by experimenting was taken the g-y wire from the grey body harness plug and connecting it to the FC pin on the ecm plug but hear nothing out of the fuel pump when key is turned to "ON"..or do i have to directly splice into the g-y wire that is going into the COR?

dont wanna have to cut into everything if i dont have to.

Last edited by flaunt; 07-28-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:58 PM

You got it right. Just did this today myself on a runner. Take the g-y from the 3.0 harness(ih1 or ih2 I can't remember) and connect it to the FC terminal off the 3.4 ECM. I think that is also g-y if I remember correctly.

It will not come on with the key in the on position. At lest the one I did today didn't either. Only when I went to crank position.

This is different that using an alternative ot the 3.4 relay. The 3.4 setup comes on in the on or start position.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:16 PM

So is it necessary to run a inline fuse where the blue wire from the fuel pump meets the blue wire on the ecm or where the g-y wire meet the g-y off the COR?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM

you don't need an inline fuse. just straight to the other end of the plug to your ecu. and FC I believe FC stands for Fuel Control?
Old 07-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Just to double check if I'm right or wrong..the blue wire coming from the fuel pump is to be connected to a blue wire on the e5 plug on the ecm?..just not sure which one cause there's like three a blue and orange a blue and black and blue and yellow I think?..I'm using the one that looks to have a factory splice in it covered in a red tape/cover?

Quick Reply: Coming to the end of my swap, few questions.