3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

3.4 swap hose funkiness

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3.4 swap hose funkiness

This is a pic of the intake manifold as I bought it. I'm putting in a new cold air intake, and there need to be three hoses: just past the airbox, in the middle (that went to the resonating chamber) and one by the TB. I only have the one by the TB. I'm thinking that the hose coming from under the TB is what was supposed to go to the resonating chamber and the hose in the lower right corner is the one that is supposed to go just past the air box. I need clarification, though, before pulling them and figuring out what to do with the fitting that is sticking out of the middle of the manifold. Why the hell were the two hoses joined and then sent into the manifold????
Attached Thumbnails 3.4 swap hose funkiness-img_0051.jpg  
Old 04-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay so 3 holes in the intake tube for your new cold air intake.

the one in the back closest to your TB is what goes across to the driver side valve cover. Its the crank breather.

The other 2 that are together are for evap, and I think? FPR, or power steering?

I blocked those two holes off on my intake, and have the FPR going to that spot like yours is in the pic, and I don't have the power steering idle up stuff.. Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hamish_18
okay so 3 holes in the intake tube for your new cold air intake.

the one in the back closest to your TB is what goes across to the driver side valve cover. Its the crank breather.

The other 2 that are together are for evap, and I think? FPR, or power steering?

I blocked those two holes off on my intake, and have the FPR going to that spot like yours is in the pic, and I don't have the power steering idle up stuff.. Hope this helps.
Thanks, it does help, especially to know I can just block off those ports without worry.

Yes, I have the tube closest to the TB. That was still attached to the six inch section of cold air intake that the previous owner used.

Now I can actually disconnect that evap hose (the middle one that comes out the front under the TB and manifold) from the t-junction and fit it to the new intake. The third hose will just go back into that fitting and the t-junction will be thrown away. I think I'll just block off the port in the new intake that is closest to the MAF. IF that seems like what ought to be done. I mean two out of three ain't as bad as one out of three. But I don't know what difference it makes.

The strange thing is that I've been finding pics of 3.4s online, and some have that fitting in the middle of the manifold while others don't. I wonder if earlier years had it?
Old 04-25-2011, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya I know, my brother's only has one nipple off the middle. Mine has a "t" coming off it. My dad's only has the one nipple as well. Gotta love Toyota right?