Engine Swaps Swapping an engine in your Toy, here is where to learn how

What motor swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 4.3 chevy parts are on the shelf at local stores unlike the expensive toyota parts only able to get from the dealer or Junkyards.

toyota parts are expensive and hard to find cause they last fooooooorever! but id still go with a 4.3

nice builds fillsrunner
Old 10-13-2008, 01:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gspot
The 4.3 chevy parts are on the shelf at local stores unlike the expensive toyota parts only able to get from the dealer or Junkyards.

toyota parts are expensive and hard to find cause they last fooooooorever! but id still go with a 4.3

nice builds fillsrunner
Thanks
Old 10-17-2008, 06:51 PM

low end torque

if you can find a land cruiser, i think they had a big inline 6 that might fit in your rig. i think it was a 4 litre or bigger. that inline6 would have way more torque than the 3.4 v6 wapecially with the extra cubes. while we're on engine swaps, would the original ECM for the v6 control the inline6 if you just used the injectors and O2 sensors provided with the larger engine? ignition timing, injector duration and mixture parameters would be the same, right?
Old 10-27-2008, 09:59 PM

i would stay away from the 2jz if i were u, that is a very long motor hard to fit in to places, it does have alot of power potential tho, this swap wouldnt be cheap im guessing 2jz parts cost alot. i do own a older supra. but its ur decision id vote for the 4.3chevy.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like others said, the EASIEST swap hands down, is the 3.4 Toyota motor. Good power, and rock solid reliable TOYOTA motor. ORS sells all you need, wiring is the hardest part.

http://www.offroadsolutions.com/engine_conversions.html

Theres an entire forum here just for this swap.

Last edited by Adam F; 10-29-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
I have seen these threads a million times. "Oh dude sweet i want to do a Diesel conversion! NO, i want a 2JZ conversion! YEA awesome!"

Then the thread dies, and no one ever does any such conversion. I didn't ask you how much money you have, i asked you if you had the money to do it. Simple yes or no question. I don't care how much money you say you have, because on the net everyone is a millionare and we all have a 12" penis.

Look, all I am saying is, you need to SEARCH and Research your options. There are tons of threads here, and tons of options out there for engine swaps. Asking the same redundant questions in this thread and jumping all over the place about different engines you 'want' is getting nothing done. You want to do an engine swap? Get off the internet, go buy an engine, and start fabbing stuff up. One of your first questions was "how big of a pain will it be" That right there tells me you have NO knowledge of engine swaps, or any real intention of doing one.
dammit dammit dammit, i still have a small penis even on the internet
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Thats not what your girlfriend said! OH SNAP.

Oh wait....thats not a diss at all!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by awdxtc
I want to keep the gearing high enough for highway speeds because I don't want to have to trailer it every where. This is not going to be a strictly off road truck, 38's for more look than function. More power for higher gear ratio means it won't be stuck at 5,000 rpms going down the road and I might not have to fill it with gas every day. I am not saying that I need it do be able to go 120 miles per hour but to be able to go 80 miles per hour or so at a relatively low rpm would be nice. I'm not going to try and take it across country but if I want to drive it from PA to OH it would be nice to be able to do so.
Originally Posted by awdxtc
New to toyota their buddy. None of your business how much money I have. But since you ask I have over 50K in the bank. What's wrong with talking about different motors? Why does not knowing what trucks the 3.4 came in disqualify my from being able to do the engine swap? How does that take away from my mechanical abilities?

From these two quotes it sounds like you dont have any mechanical ability along with common sense. why the hell would you be concerned with do 80mph on 38's to begin with. My suggestion for you and probably the easiest would be to get an old k5, put some pretty crome on it, add some power mods to the engine and you can crusie to any mall on 38s doing 80mph