Engine Swaps Swapping an engine in your Toy, here is where to learn how

7mge oilpan

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 7mge oilpan

I have been doing some research into putting this motor into my 4runner and I talked to a guy who is into drifting cars and this is a popular motor for this. We got to talking and I asked him about the oil pan and he told me that the pan can be reversed to make it rear sump you just need to mod the pickup tube I currently have no way to verify this I was hoping that someone might be doing this swap and check this out and reply. Any info regarding this and off camber oil starving the motor would be useful

Thanks in advance
Old 11-28-2009, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm doing this swap right now. Its been a little slow going as I'm doing my 4th year carpentry schooling. The supra is a mid sump oil pan and there lots of room between the pan and my solid axle. The cressida is a front sump and I have no idea how much clearance there will be. As it sits, my motor is in, the engine bay is pretty much stripped and ready for the 7m electronic mock up and figure out where in going to run my power steering lines. It looks like ill be able to keep my hood latch, but I'm going to trim some of the support so I can push the the rad a bit farther foward. Anyways, good luck with the swap and ill try to get on yotatech a bit more and post up some pics.