Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings
View Poll Results: Possible Dates for Whipper Snapper Meltdown?
August 18, 19, 20th
52.94%
August 21,22 & 23rd
0%
I don't care, just get me there, I need a rock fix
47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 06:13 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be leaving to head down to Myrtle Beach this Sunday for family vacation so I will probably have no internet access so the sooner we know what we are doing the better it would be for me. If we have not yet made arrangements by then I made need one of you guys to call me and let me know so I can pay my part to whomever is collecting the money. Just let me know and once again thanks alot guys for allowing us newbies to tag along.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Just sent an email....i guess we'll wait and see who hears back 1st
Old 07-14-2006, 07:19 AM
Contributing Member

I just spoke with Danny at Crawford's and he has the bunky cabins available and also two full size cabins along with multiple regular camp (tent sites) also available. The bunky cabins are a two person min. at $15.00 per person per night and $7.50 each additional. These are air conditioned but have no bathrooms or showers but bath houses are available to share with other campers. The small cabin sleeps six people it is $85 per night and $50 one time clean up fee so two nights would be $220 regardless of how many people. The large cabin sleeps 8-10 but it is 1600 sq. ft which is pretty large and I am sure could house more than that if need be. The large cabin is $135 per night with a $60 one time clean up fee so two nights would be $330. I am personally leaning more toward the small cabin for me and my group just because those buky cabins look extremely small. I am open for suggestions but I like the idea of Crwaford's better just because he has something for everyone cabins for those who like the bigger places, bunky cabins for those who don't mind smaller living quarters and tent sites for those who just want to pitch a tent. Regardless of what each person decides on as far as sleeping quarters we would all still be at the same campground together. Once again it doesn't really matter to me but I like AC and showers! LOL I hope this info. helps out a little. I just figured I would try and do my part to help organize the event since I won't be able to contribute on the trails since this is my first time at Tellico and my truck isn't all that capable anyway. Just let me know if you guys need more info or if I can do anything else in helping organize this.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

I'm speaking for Scott (Stump), but he wants to be closer to the trails than Crawford's....personally, i'd like to keep price as low as possible but it is a 30 min + drive from Crawford's to the Tellico Trail head
Old 07-14-2006, 07:44 AM
Contributing Member

Yea I seen where he mentioned he wanted to be as close as possible to the trails but just though it would be kinda cool to have everybody at one place eventhough we didn't stay together. It doesn't matter to me however the sooner the better.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:22 AM
Contributing Member

Well I just got off work, and I've been talking to Rob a bit. I would rather stay closer to the trails, but above all I want to be as together as possible, the whole idea of an organized group trip is to be there w/ everyone and have fun together. Whatever the majority wants I'm fine with, but for those of you who haven't been there before, Crawfords is about 30-45mins away from the trails, and for me that sucks, especially if this is just gonna be a small run the way it is. The cabins will be cheep if we fill them up, we just need to get on the ball. I'll reserve a cabin and collect the money if everyone is willing.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Well I just got off work, and I've been talking to Rob a bit. I would rather stay closer to the trails, but above all I want to be as together as possible, the whole idea of an organized group trip is to be there w/ everyone and have fun together. Whatever the majority wants I'm fine with, but for those of you who haven't been there before, Crawfords is about 30-45mins away from the trails, and for me that sucks, especially if this is just gonna be a small run the way it is. The cabins will be cheep if we fill them up, we just need to get on the ball. I'll reserve a cabin and collect the money if everyone is willing.
Scott,

I'm good with a cabin or crawfords. I'd like to do the cabin thing if we can fill one up. The more time we get on the trails the better. I just need to let out some stress before I go crazy so let's just get there.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Contributing Member

How far apart are the cabins at Tellico Cabins? I was under the impression that The Atv Den and The Lock Em Inn was pretty close. Maybe we should just get both of those if they are semi close. The guys that are coming with me are willing to get a seperate cabin and just split it amongst ourselves. Let me know.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hlpressley
How far apart are the cabins at Tellico Cabins? I was under the impression that The Atv Den and The Lock Em Inn was pretty close. Maybe we should just get both of those if they are semi close. The guys that are coming with me are willing to get a seperate cabin and just split it amongst ourselves. Let me know.
There are two that are pretty close to one another, one is up above the other on the hill, but one of those is the really big cabin that is already booked. The reast are pretty spread out, not a big deal, they're all within 5 mins of each other. Just get a seperate cabin for your crew and I'll get one for me and the other guys, we'll pick and choose which place we can all hang at and have meals together when we get there.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaman
Scott,

I'm good with a cabin or crawfords. I'd like to do the cabin thing if we can fill one up. The more time we get on the trails the better. I just need to let out some stress before I go crazy so let's just get there.
Greg I'm with you, all my vacation plans fell through for the summer and I've done nothing but WORK MY A$$ OFF, this trip will also be a week into my fall semester so I'll certainly need it by then. Lets make it happen.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:54 PM
Contributing Member

I just talked to Helen at Tellico Cabins and reserved the ATV Den. She said the Lock Em Inn is right beside the ATV Den and it is also available. I currently have four guys in three trucks coming with me. I just wanted to let everyone know what I had done. I think this woud be good if we get the Lock Em Inn also as we would still be together and close to the trails. Here is the link for the Lock Em Inn http://tellicocabins.com/4757/showcase.php/6025 I could call back and reserve it also. Just let me know! This is great. I feel like a fat kid in a candy store.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Contributing Member

I'll give her a ring tomorrow. How many people did you say were staying in the cabin, did that increase the price? From the web site it seems that way.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Contributing Member

I currently have four people coming with me which would make it $145 per night. I think they charge $10 each additional person over two.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Contributing Member

any news? I am leaving tomorrow in the early AM and will not have internet access untill Thursday but I am assuming everything is still on. I am stoked about this. I am so stoked I went out today and bought new tires.

Last edited by hlpressley; 07-15-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Contributing Member

I'm excited too, can't wait to get back on the rock in Tellico. What kind or tires?
Old 07-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

I got the Maxxis Bighorn MT 285/75/16. They look alot like Goodyear MTR. I will try to post some pics of my truck before I leave.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Contributing Member

Pretty low quality pics but it was getting dark and raining.

before

after a few mods

I hope to have my 1" BL installed and a front bumper before we go!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Nice...I got some new rubber headed my way as well...305/70/16 Destination MT's and a Warn M8000 so i can get up Slickrock
Old 07-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

Nice truck dude, it'll look alot better with some Tellico pin stripping. You can't be to worried about the damage, but we'll do our best to get you in and out w/ no damage.

Rob, I HATE YOU, you know that right?

Looks like yet another trip to Tellico w/o doing Slickrock :cry: . Un;ess your willing to risk pulling me up the last ledge?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

I'm up for pulling ya as long as you cover any axle breakage

Quick Reply: Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam