Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Tahuya Run On 12/21 Nissans/Toyotas

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Well from all the e-mails and different forums, the count will be a good amount of different kinds of vehicles showing up. Now the question is, is their anyone from the Toyota group that is going to be the head of this group? someone that can either post or hand out the maps and directions for people who need them. Jim and I will be taking care of the Nissan side and will have maps and directions to give out, so if the person that is the head of the Toyota group doesn't have the info. and may need it, let us know and we'll try to get it to you before the 21st.... ...it looks like there will be a good count of Toyotas coming, so I know someone going to want some info. .........L.A.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:35 PM

Email the info to me and I will get the info to any Toyota or other people that show up.
Old 12-15-2002, 06:10 PM

Ok. Is it Saturday yet. Inlaws rescheduled Christmas for the 22nd so I'll be there. Now I need to find some bells. he he
Old 12-15-2002, 06:42 PM

Exclamation PreRun Today 12/15/2002

Ok ! just an FYI, Jim and I did a PreRun of Tahuya, and Man!:eek: the Water Hole is full and many other places are too, there are water holes everywhere some deep and some REAL DEEP ! Jim and I were on this one trail and came to a split in the road, there were puddles on the left and a little lake on the right, the right didn't look any bigger then anything we were going thru all day, I was at the lead and for some reason decided to go left we came to a dead end and had to turn back when we did two toyotas with 4' or more lift and 33" tires and the other 35" the first truck decided to go thru the little lake I didn't think anything of it, cause it did'nt look deep, well when he went in, the tires were gone and he dropped !! he backed out of it and went around, so just to say some water holes may look small but deep as heck !!:pat: see ya! Saturday 12/21/2002 Overall A great day not to Mudding but alot of water and alot of fun.;-)...L.A.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:04 AM

Tahuya Run

Tahuya Page Jim Bennett

Hey guys,

I finally got my rig back and it is like new again. This is a photo taken Yesterday at Tahuya. I added the ARB bumper and Warn winch to it while in the shop. I used my laptop and GPS to make a more accurate map of Tahuya while we were out there. You can see that and some photos we took on our recon on the link I listed above. Hope to see you all there. Don't expect to see me catching big air for a while since I just added a few thousand dollars to the front of my rig. Not to mention the $4577 dollars of body work that I had done. Anyway, you can still have fun on the ground. Jim (Air Nissan)
Old 12-16-2002, 07:07 AM
Contributing Member

haha..glad to see the rig looking new again Jim. nice addition to the front also!!
Old 12-16-2002, 12:00 PM
Jay

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea, good idea on the ARB. Analyzing the last jump, you could use a little more weight up front to help level the airbourne travel out a bit.

Jay
Old 12-16-2002, 05:52 PM

tahuya

Hey gibby I will be going on this Sat. run.
Got a tire on right front so know can take whatever we run into at tahuya. See you there.
Bill
Old 12-16-2002, 10:00 PM

Bill, I thought you disappeared!

I still have to make sure that my wife will let me go play this Saturday. I have a honey do list that I need to get to.

BTW, all the vids are now up!

www.faithwheelers.com
Old 12-18-2002, 06:16 AM

Just a note so no one is sitting at safeway waiting for the group to show, like I was last time :rolleyes: the place everyone met last time was actually the QFC
Old 12-18-2002, 07:55 AM

Just a note so no one is sitting at safeway waiting for the group to show, like I was last time the place everyone met last time was actually the QFC
I think we are thinking of meeting at the Safeway due to the location, there is a big gravel parking area at the front corner of the safeway and the gas station is right there, also it will be easier for those that have never been there to see us at the intersection at Belfair........
Old 12-18-2002, 08:26 AM

Just wanted to make sure See ya there
Old 12-18-2002, 08:32 AM

Hey greg, no problem .. we did a PreRun on Sun. and it's gonna be fun on Sat. !!!!!!!! it should be more interesting then the last time we were all there .......
Old 12-18-2002, 07:24 PM

Tahuya Run 12/21/2002

Hello Everyone,
Well the agenda for Saturday 21st is if your coming from Seattle and want to take the ferry over to Tahuya we will be all meeting at the Seattle Ferry Term. at 8:30am. The ferry leaves at 9am and the cost of the ferry is $9 for Vehicle and driver and I believe $5 more for passenger after the hour ride we will be meeting everyone else that decided to drive, at the Safeway in Belfair, I believe it's off the intersection of HWY 3 and NE Clifton LN, there we can get food for lunch and gas if needed after that we will head to Tahuya and get to the Staging area across from the main entrance, when at the 4x4Park we can break up into smaller groups and play, at around 12:30/1:00 I was thinking we can all meet at the Mud Pit for lunch. After lunch we can all split up and play again......at the end of the day we can all meet at the main entrance for a quick head count then off to catch the ferry back to Seattle..........How's that sound ? L.A.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:53 PM

Kewl man.
Can't wait to try out the locker. he he
Old 12-18-2002, 10:14 PM

Hey LA, 1:30 might be better for lunch since we really won't get started until about 11 ish...
Old 12-19-2002, 09:46 PM

For those of you meeting from the Tacoma - East area. We can meet up at our Church and head out from there.

And if anyone wants to help me get my honey do jobs done on Friday that'd be great too. I have to get them all done before i can go LOL
Old 12-20-2002, 03:21 PM

Sat

Gibby are you driving around or taking ferry?
I am going to run my 31" tires sat then one day next week going to put on lift and 33" tires.
Bill
Old 12-20-2002, 03:30 PM

Bill, there's no way that I'm driving North to pick up a fairy (sp error intended). By the time we hit the Ferry, we'd already be at Tahuya. From the church is about 1 hour 20 minutes to the park. What we do need to know, is exactly where we're meeting once we get there. There are several different "trailheads"

Never mind, I just realized that we're meeting and the Safeway.

We should take off about 1:15 before the meeting time.

Put those 33s on. You won't need the lift to make those fit. In the mud we'll see this weekend, you'll want those mud tires.

Put the fronts on, make sure that the calipers don't rub. If they don't then find something to drive on to see if they rub.

If you wanna load them up, Matt and I are doing some work here tonight. We can stick those tires on and you can test em at the church to see if they'll rub. If we had a couple of extra hours, we could do your lift at the same time! Hmmm

I have some honey do jobs to start very shortly. Maybe we should all pile on my honey do jobs and we can get some extra truck work done. On that rig, 30 minutes/end to do the lift, if nothing gets stuck!
Old 12-20-2002, 04:34 PM

tires

Gibby give me a cal

Last edited by wrongway; 12-22-2002 at 07:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Tahuya Run On 12/21 Nissans/Toyotas