Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B4Runner
Nah man, throw them all up. It's always nice to have more photos and more angles.

And to add on that, meant to say it over, don't worry if you don't have a locker. Three of our seven rigs on this trip were open/open and had no problem. TTORA requires a locker, 4x4trailmaps.com says you need a "slightly modified vehicle." Ha, not in a Yota.

Agreed with on the pix there is never enough for show and tell.

As for the trail and rigs being stock on this trip other than my bumpers I was the most stock truck out there out of any the rigs in lift running 28" A/T tires with 25 psi.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Yea man , i was really surprised with what the stock toyotas were able to get through .. in the rocks they did great .. the mud was more of a challenge ..

again it was a great trip i really enjoyed it . my son keeps asking me when were going back ..
Old 07-19-2010, 06:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RMA
Yea man , i was really surprised with what the stock toyotas were able to get through .. in the rocks they did great .. the mud was more of a challenge ..

again it was a great trip i really enjoyed it . my son keeps asking me when were going back ..
you got Marko hooked RMA, he needs his fix. lol
Old 07-19-2010, 07:16 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
well i see i posted in the wrong place. I made a new thread, the trip report section. lol

anyway here is the link to my pics.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100...amping-216384/
ill have to put a link from that page to this one now.
i moved mine ..
Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
you got Marko hooked RMA, he needs his fix. lol
yea he likes it man ..

since it took about 6 months for this trip i think we should start planning for another one now .. maybe some other trail like this one ..
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by RMA
yea he likes it man ..

since it took about 6 months for this trip i think we should start planning for another one now .. maybe some other trail like this one ..
Well for me I have got to get new rubber before I make any more trips. That trail tore up these old tires of Fairy's a little which are from 04 or 05 not sure but still good for the road for now till im able to afford new one's or forced too which ever comes first. Last sept. as you all know Fairy and I turned around and went home cause I was worried about damage through that first rock garden and glad I did cause my tires that came with the runner for the 2 years I owned the runner got chewed to hell which is why im running Fairy's old stock set before his up grades.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by stockwell45
Oh and thanks to Chris for the strap that saved my water can from bouncing onto the trail every 5 minutes...I owe you one
No worries. Better that you could use it than to just have it sit in my tool bag.

I am uploading all my photos and a little video I spliced together on my phone. Nothing too fancy and maybe a bit slow but there are some good little moments in it. I didn't get too many shots this time around but I think there are a few good ones in there.

Standby for the links...
Old 07-19-2010, 09:27 PM

Photos

My video still isn't done but here is the link to the photos. I didn't feel like picking and choosing so I just uploaded them all to here...

http://gallery.me.com/chrismcdowell25#100404

Video should be up by tomorrow... I hope.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by snowhite
Well for me I have got to get new rubber before I make any more trips. That trail tore up these old tires of Fairy's a little which are from 04 or 05 not sure but still good for the road for now till im able to afford new one's or forced too which ever comes first. Last sept. as you all know Fairy and I turned around and went home cause I was worried about damage through that first rock garden and glad I did cause my tires that came with the runner for the 2 years I owned the runner got chewed to hell which is why im running Fairy's old stock set before his up grades.
yeah, my sidewalls got pretty chewed up too. time for some new meats on my rig as well since i'm not commuting with it anymore. i could also use the space that the extra set of wheels/tires i bought almost a year ago are taking up on the side of my house.

one thing that i really noticed this past weekend was the comparison of how a 4runner wheels vs my x-cab truck -- you guys really do have a MUCH tighter turning radius than i do and your breakover angles are impressive as well. i had to austin powers it a few times whereas you guys were able to make the turn in one shot. makes me want to put an x-cab on a single cab frame for my next truck.

got the majority of my pics up in the other thread. i've also got a few more in my photobucket account. let me know if any of you guys want the original files on any of them.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:50 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by snowhite
I went to Specialized parts planet and they had a set of 31x10.50 BFG A/ts with 95% tread on them on stock SR5 toyota aluminum rims... $250 bucks. the tires were from 08... I told keith to tell you about them. it was like a few weeks ago, when i bought tires.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by B4Runner
Well guys, talking about doing another Squaw run in September...

1st weekend - Labor Day.
3rd weekend - Brother's b-day celebration (since my dad will be gone).
4th weekend - Brother's real b-day weekend.

My only available weekend is the 2nd weekend. I might be able to work the 4th, but very doubtfully. The 1st and 3rd are out of the question. And this is all supposing there really is a September run.

I met Robert through Craig's list last week and he told me to check this out. Just bought an 87 4runner and want some wheel time. If I wait until the mods are done I'll never go.
I Would like to make a trip and I am available Sept. Th-9th, Fri-10th, Sat-11th to Squaw? Pismo? Day trip to Hollister?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:02 PM

KML And GPX Track Files

I know this is super super late but I finally got a waypoint track out of my gps that I brought along. I'll post up a gpx and a kml file if you want to try to view it in some other app and check out the route we took. Google Earth may be the easiest but I feel it's kinda ˟˟˟˟ty.

http://chrismcdowell.net/Misc/YotaTech/SQUAW/Squaw.zip