Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:45 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
i'm hoping to make it. gotta get a few things settled on my truck first though 'cuz she's not running as well as she could and now i've got that pinion seal leak....or maybe i'll just roll with it and cross my fingers...

i'm having Curley's Racecars fab me up a customized version of his bumper, so that should be done in time for you guys to check out....i saw some pics yesterday, it's freaking sick.

i need to figure out my tire situation though or maybe i'll just keep the 31s on there until more $ starts coming in. i'm just worried of slicing a sidewall even through my tread is good.

oh yeah, just to throw it out there....i'm gonna be up in the serene lakes/soda springs area for vacation the week of July 9-16th, so if anyone wants to meet up and do some wheeling in that area, i'm down since i'll probably just be hanging out doing nothing. dunno quite what trails are close besides eagle lakes and signal peak, but i might try cruising down soda springs rd and finding some stuff off that since it looks like it's mostly dirt once you get past the lakes. not gonna push it on anything since i'll have the cruiser most likely. but yeah, if anyone's interested...
Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets see. From me to Jackson is 2 hrs 40 mins and 120 miles. From me to Sonora is 1 hr 40 mins and 80 miles. (All approximated using MapQuest.)

Theres 2 ways this can go down for me. One, my dad, bros, and I all haul up to Jackson in my truck and the trip happens like that. And the other way, I'll have to take you up on your offer Stock. I'll have to drive the 4-banger Ford up to Sonora and treck with you.

Either way I have a problem. The first, I treck along 2 little ones. The second, I'll have to pull teeth to get my parents to let my drive alone that far away to meet up with someone they don't know in any which way and that I haven't even met in person.

Another local member in my area is going, or at least was before the dates were changed. I'll check what's up with him and see if I would be able to work anything out that way. My parents know him personally too. That might be the easiest way for me and my family.

I'll keep you guys posted. Look forward to finally meeting all you guys too.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM

Thumbs up no complaints here...

Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
Just don't bring that nasty crap you had last time. Ughhh Get some Captain or tequila or jack. None of that foo foo crap. I felt like throwing up with each shot. I might have to bring some of my own to contribute.
well you know chris, we only used that stuff cuz that's all i had. i kept telling you you could take out ur own sh@t but you didn't. so i have no problem with others offering to contribute some alcohol for the the games. (actually the contribution would be appreciated, especially since I don't know HOW MANY people will be playing this time AND i know just one bottle is NEVER enough) i didn't really even get buzzed that night anyhow. for some reason i end up taking much fewer shots then everyone else to begin with so if you decide to throw in some stronger stuff i got no complaints. I'll bring my shot glasses again too. I went ahead and requested the days off from work so I'm a go. I look forward to seeing you all at squaw ridge.

Last edited by MoonChild; 06-29-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
its good to see the list is growing again. I do know one thing, for who ever misses the trip. there will be lots of pics for them to look in the end.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:59 PM

Ordered a new rad today not missing this trip. I know I F-ed up my last rad for off road with my add on drain plug to be more like the YOTA STOCK DRAIN SYSTEM but looking through my e-mail from radiator barn I ordered a 2WD version 3 row core instead of a 4WD version dont know if that would make a difference so I went with the 4WD. So I should be all good and hey got an extra down the road just for the road works fine other than a minor leak.

Last edited by snowhite; 06-30-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by MoonChild
well you know chris, we only used that stuff cuz that's all i had. i kept telling you you could take out ur own sh@t but you didn't. so i have no problem with others offering to contribute some alcohol for the the games. (actually the contribution would be appreciated, especially since I don't know HOW MANY people will be playing this time AND i know just one bottle is NEVER enough) i didn't really even get buzzed that night anyhow. for some reason i end up taking much fewer shots then everyone else to begin with so if you decide to throw in some stronger stuff i got no complaints. I'll bring my shot glasses again too. I went ahead and requested the days off from work so I'm a go. I look forward to seeing you all at squaw ridge.
That's true you did. I just didn't think anyone would really want to do shots of scotch. Scotch isn't really something you play around with like that. I'll make sure to make it up this next time.

There are talkers and doers out there. Your either coming or your not. Just hit yes everyone and we will see you up there... Unless your just a talker...

I also noticed we won't have all 86's this time. Kinda sad but also good. Since it probably means we'll have more than 4 people and won't have to compare build months to see who has the oldest one. Ha

Last edited by chrismcdowell25; 06-30-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:19 PM

I'm glad you finally chimed in Brandon. Hope it all works out for you. Tell your parents im a saint no but really, I am lol. Just shoot me a PM and tell me whats up when you find out
Old 07-01-2010, 08:38 AM

Lol Matt. Yeah, I talked to my parents about it last night at dinner. My dad actually does want to go because he wants to learn and see what wheeling is about. Not sure if we are taking my brothers though because of the drinking.

Stock, depending on our own departure times and the anticipated arrival time at rendezvous location, we can meet up in Sonora and then caravan the rest of the way.

And to everyone: I apologize in advance for my truck. The front suspension will probably have driven us all crazy by the end of the trip.

Last edited by B4Runner; 07-01-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 AM

well you already know my opinion on your bro's coming B4
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
There are talkers and doers out there. Your either coming or your not. Just hit yes everyone and we will see you up there... Unless your just a talker...

I also noticed we won't have all 86's this time. Kinda sad but also good. Since it probably means we'll have more than 4 people and won't have to compare build months to see who has the oldest one. Ha
yeah yeah yeah , I am doin the best I can here.

yeah more rig types are always better.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Sounds good Brandon. The best place to meet would be the kragen parking lot, It will be directly off the road in downtown Sonora, that way neither of us would have to go out of our way. So exactly what kind of ford is it? lol
Old 07-01-2010, 09:22 PM

No, no, no Stocky. My Dad is coming after all, so we are taking my truck. I just thought it would be cool to caravan the rest of the trip instead of possibly being just 5 miles apart from each other the whole way up. Lol. I've gotta look up the meeting place and time again so I can plan our own departure.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:32 PM

Well fellas I was not sure if I was in or not but its quite clear to me now I'm not coming. As much as I would like to I all of a sudden went broke. Germlin aka my Cat broke his leg which cost me $3,000 which completely clears me out. So you people better bring some damn good picks and videos considering I wont be there to record the event.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 PM

Shaggy, before you even got your truck, I thought you were gonna ride with Fairy and be a dedicated photographer? Why not go that route again?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:16 PM

shaggy works on weekends. So he cant miss a weekend of work and lose out on funds. he needs to pay bills still and he is pennieless.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy-trash
Well fellas I was not sure if I was in or not but its quite clear to me now I'm not coming. As much as I would like to I all of a sudden went broke. Germlin aka my Cat broke his leg which cost me $3,000 which completely clears me out. So you people better bring some damn good picks and videos considering I wont be there to record the event.
$3000 for a cat???? holy crap. sorry man but no cat is worth that kinda dough. Heck I am not sure I would pay that out for Rowdy, in fact I think my wife would kill me if I did. We only spent $600 for him in the first place.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by shaggy-trash
Originally Posted by John101477
$3000 for a cat???? holy crap. sorry man but no cat is worth that kinda dough. Heck I am not sure I would pay that out for Rowdy, in fact I think my wife would kill me if I did. We only spent $600 for him in the first place.
That's love man. It's amazing what people will do for their animals, my family included.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:46 PM

Well this is the Gremlin that has used all his 9 lives long time ago and has been living on borrowed time for a while now. Any way it would seem last night my runner wanted to play with Gremlin with out my knowledge. It will be a miracle he dies a natural death and im not ready to see him go yet.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 PM

What kind of a tangle did he get in with the 4R?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:01 AM

It would seem I ran over his leg. Also the reason the surgery was so expensive is that we did not know that he was shot by a bb gun back in the day and that was pressed up to the bone causing it to shatter like the spiral of a candy cane. So I understand they wrapped the bone in wire instead of using metal plates which was the original plan. Poor guy has got to be confined for 8 weeks but he should get a lot of attention.

Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.