Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

RUBICON - Sonoran Steel/Stubbs Welding Rubicon Run. June 23, 24 & 25 - 2005

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys realize that the TLCA has their "rubithon" trip scheduled a week before our trip!!!??? They ARE NOT rescheduling so we'll have a gang load of people go through one week prior to all of us......perfect! On another note I read last night that the sign on the Tahoma (Tahoe) side that was in the PBB thread was totally exposed later on Sunday. That gives you an idea of how fast the snow can go away.

NINETEEN MORE DAYS.......damn I can't wait! I am going to take the buggy out today & twist it up.

Richard
Old 06-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by weldpro
I am going to take the buggy out today & twist it up.

HB
Maybe put some front shocks on?

Old 06-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you guys realize that the TLCA has their "rubithon" trip scheduled a week before our trip!!!???
Does that mean the trails going to be pre-stacked? Or does that mean the trail is going to be rutted out?
Old 06-03-2005, 08:13 AM
Contributing Member

Not stacked but the snow will have been "broke".
Old 06-03-2005, 08:42 AM

Stacking is a possibilty however that group (TLCA) is one of the most responsible groups involved in 4wheeling- what I mean is *IF* they stack chances are they will "unstack" once unstuck. The TLCA is a first rate group of folks. If we were not going just after them I would have signed up to run with them as I have quite a few friends who are TLCA members. As Steve wrote the main thing is they are going to help break any snow drifts which will be very helpful.
Richard

oh & Steve I'd mount air shocks however I dont have links for the front yet ..lol (flipoff)
Old 06-06-2005, 10:00 AM

SIXTEEN MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man I am ready.

Something I want you all to remember. Bring warm clothes as the nights will be chilly. The other thing is mosquito repellent.

Richard
Old 06-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Joe
Contributing Member

SIXTEEN MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man I am ready.

Something I want you all to remember. Bring warm clothes as the nights will be chilly. The other thing is mosquito repellent.

Richard
I'm red eye too!!!

Are the mosquitoes as big there as around here? As around here the male mesquito can walk up to a female turkey and "plug" her flat footed.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:37 AM

HA lol lol . No joe they are not that big but they may carry "west nile" hmmmm.
I actually dont think they'll be to bad out there since it's still kind of cold but who knows.
Richard
Old 06-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

oh & Steve I'd mount air shocks however I dont have links for the front yet ..lol (flipoff)
I would do something, looks like your ground clearnace is lacking.

So you figure out a meeting spot yet?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

Since y'all are going to be so close to Reno, I would like to suggest you try Louie's Basque Corner, if you get time. Just go easy on the pecan punch. Hmmm phx to reno; 700 miles. not all that far...
Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 PM

Man I wish I had that wiener wagon instead of my buggy cause I hear those things can sell for mucho cash-hence a really, really fly new school buggy (current ride is a solid two years old).

Anyhow back on topic.......two more weeks........is anyone else interested?????

Come Awn this is going to be a great trip you all will be missing out.

Oh, and for a meeting place we'll be waiting (Steve & Familia, and myself & wife Aimee) at the Safeway parking lot in Truckee. You will not miss us (unless you really are blind) since my junk will be up high on a trailer. My wife & I figured this would be a great place just in case anyone is late (Starbucks, Taco Bell, etc all right there). as far a time hmmm... Not to sure what time do Casey & Joe think they can make it there? I can get there in two hours easy going the long scenic way. Since my plan is to get to Buck Lake on day one we should try to be at the staging area by 10:30 am which would make us need to meet in Truckee 9:45 ish .

Talk amongst yourselves.........

Richard
Old 06-07-2005, 08:50 PM

Oh I forgot Aimee picked up a campfire permit today from CDF so no one will have to worry about that.

I will bring my welder so if anyone else had planned to bring one you can save space, and leave it at home.

Make sure to have $10 in cash (two fives) this just in case we have to camp at the springs(It is privately owned). Laugh if you will but I am a debit card kind of guy so I have to remember this kind of stuff.

The portable toliet!? It's not mandatory yet as far as I know. Do any of you already use one of these things?

Richard
Old 06-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Contributing Member

well i just wanted to say that i will be coming along on this trip. riding with casey.

i'd love to wheel my own rig, and despite meeting the min requirements, i don't wanna wheel the con without a front locker/better skids/rear bumper first. yeah, still waiting on those, but i strongly suspect i'll be prepared for the CO4RJ with those.

but anyway, it'll still be rad even riding shotgun. this trip sounds like a blast and i look forward to meeing some new faces and familiar ones again.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I suspected you'd be going charles.

End of June is end of quarter for us so we're usually really busy at work. If it weren't for that I think I've convinced myself of doing the con. It's perfect too, since it's not during the weekend and it's with people who like sheet metal (for the most part). Oh well, next time.

I was wondering what you guys were going to do with your waste.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Joe
Contributing Member

Since my plan is to get to Buck Lake on day one we should try to be at the staging area by 10:30 am which would make us need to meet in Truckee 9:45 ish .Richard
I'll be there anytime you want - unless you advise otherwise, count on me being there no later than 0930 and I'll have the Pett pot with a couple dozen bags if that will help - no curtain or privacy hut so you just have to hike a little for privacy.

Last edited by Joe; 06-08-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:05 AM

Joe,
Check out this thread on PBB http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362413

Down near the bottom there are pics of a CREW CAB full size chevy! Just thought it might make you feel good!

On the Pett- So are you saying you'll carry the poo!?

TWO WEEKS to go!!!!
Richard
Old 06-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Contributing Member

So your taking the Dodge and the Buggy then?

Old 06-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Joe
Contributing Member

Joe,
Check out this thread on PBB http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362413

Down near the bottom there are pics of a CREW CAB full size chevy! Just thought it might make you feel good!

On the Pett- So are you saying you'll carry the poo!?
TWO WEEKS to go!!!!
Richard
Ya, I'll be carrying plenty of bags with the “poo” on the trail but for those feeling the "need" to play with the poo – they will have to carry it out

Naw, pictures don't make me feel good - the trail will do that for me - I'll give anything a try a time or two and hopefully I'll be able to keep up with you "youngsters" in your tricked out con ready rigs.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Contributing Member

Just got back from Marlin's shop.
4 hour ride back and no leaks! This looks promising, I'll be ready by the end of this month... I cant wait!
Old 06-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Nitro Hotpants
Just got back from Marlin's shop.
4 hour ride back and no leaks! This looks promising, I'll be ready by the end of this month... I cant wait!
I hope you mean the end of the week................

Did you see where to meet us and what time?

Quick Reply: RUBICON - Sonoran Steel/Stubbs Welding Rubicon Run. June 23, 24 & 25 - 2005