Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Pismo Beach 4RJ: Trip Reports and Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robinhood150
OK, now does everybody believe me when I tell you to air down to less than 10PSI?!

Yup!! 3psi makes a HUGE difference!! Went back to the dunes yesterday morning at 10:00am and said to myself: all that fun yesterday couldnt be a dream!! I swear this is where they camped yesterday called Steve and he said you all left! So I headed to the dunes and this time..... NO problems at all!!! Scared my girlfriend pretty well too (its her first time going there)

It was great to meet you all! Cant wait till next year!!

Milton
Old 08-11-2003, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by mertztr
Scott, you took some great pics. I'll be e-mailing you shortly!
I agree, I wish I had a digital camera, there were some great picture oppurtunities!!!!:pat:

I know that I should have bought one a LONG time ago
Old 08-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Bob_98SR5

Being a noob to off-roading, i learned a few things on this trip namely recovering vehicles and the right equipment. Thanks to Steve and Mike Kapash (where'dya go?!?!) for the lessons...and thanks to both Russell and Peter for being unwilling participants.
Unwilling???
What do you mean unwilling? I got myself into that sand nice and deep so that we could make sure everyone learned something new
I just figured everyone would like a chance to review for that 2nd time
Old 08-11-2003, 11:09 AM

What a trip!!

Thanks to everyone who played a part in organizing this Pismo trip. Crystal, and I and our friend Soyna all had such a blast!!!
I really learned alot about driving in the sand and I have never had so much fun in my truck!!!

Also thanks to Eric for letting me ride in your truck and check out your Kings. After bottoming out my stock bilstiens a few times I'm definatley hooked and the piggy bank is already set aside for a pair...lmao

We're only a few days removed and already we want to go back! LOL

On a side note.... Hope you all are having as much fun cleaning the sand out of your trucks as I am...lol Man that stuff gets every where...

-Nick
Old 08-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Be sure you guys wash off the undercarriage really well, especially all the nooks and crannies. Gotta get out all that sand and saltwater. Also, check your air filters.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:06 PM

i was REALLY hoping to get a photo of you stuck out there, nick. you disapointed me.

whenever anybody wants to meet up out there again for the weekend i'm more than willing. i have never had so much fun in my truck before!

all right, found another photo of me pulling casey out the second time in steve's album. sorry casey, had to post it

Last edited by monkeynuts; 08-11-2003 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

Steve:

That supermarket run where I got the ice? I got 2 words for you...

High tide :pat:

I sprayed my undercarriage with a pressure washer for 2 cycles at one of those DIY carwash stall places and once more with a hose when I got home.

I could still smell the ocean - I got to go home and wash again - maybe this time I'll get ALL of the green things hanging off my skid plate and wiring.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by monkeynuts
whenever anybody wants to meet up out there again for the weekend i'm more than willing. i have never had so much fun in my truck before!

I mentioned to Sarah earlier that I was tempted to head back there this weekend.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:04 PM

Sorry to disappoint you scott, lol But no stuckage for me, this trip at least. I was giving it a sporting shot though...

I'll tell you what though after seeing Jim torque that Jeep around the dunes all day I was getting pretty ballzy at the end of Sat. My little stock bilstiens even got to feel what it is like to jump!!!

We also are ready and willing for another trip anytime. Going to be looking at going back sometime in the next month or so.....so anyone that is willing...lets go!!! Summertime is still here and as we found out its beautiful in Pismo right now......so lets take advantage of it!!:beach:
Old 08-11-2003, 02:25 PM

Bob, Steve and Tom - Thanks for all your planning, time and energy. We had a great time at Pismo on Saturday ! !

As it turned out we headed back into San Luis, grabbed a hotel and went to F.McClintocks for dinner. The constant engine noise, wind and sand was more than we could handle. Give me a dirt trail near a river any day ! !

We're both very glad we came and it was wonderful to meet everyone. Thanks again and Happy 4Running, Mike and Samantha

Old 08-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Contributing Member

So what everyone appears to be saying is that I should have drove the 1200 miles RT, pissed off my wife, and came to Pismo!

Looks like a blast. Maybe next time.

Old 08-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by mertztr
I mentioned to Sarah earlier that I was tempted to head back there this weekend.
Make reservations .
Old 08-11-2003, 02:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by TRD 4RNR
As it turned out we headed back into San Luis, grabbed a hotel and went to F.McClintocks for dinner. The constant engine noise, wind and sand was more than we could handle.
The wind picks up in the afternoon but dies down to a gentle breeze just before sundown.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Robinhood150
Make reservations .

I'm within 10 days, so I won't be allowed.

The wind picks up in the afternoon but dies down to a gentle breeze just before sundown.

Yep, and after the engines stop running it is actually quite peaceful. There's nothing like having the sounds of the waves to lull you to sleep.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

like i said, if you guys are planning on going out, let me know.. i live in San Luis so pismo is just around the corner

i might be going home (parent's house) this weekend though, so anytime after that..

-Russell
Old 08-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by monkeynuts
i was REALLY hoping to get a photo of you stuck out there, nick. you disapointed me.

all right, found another photo of me pulling casey out the second time in steve's album. sorry casey, had to post it

man all these pics of you pulling me out makes me look bad! i only got stuck 3 times the whole trip . i thought i did pretty well, being only 2WD and *cough* locker *cough*
well eventhough i didnt stay all day saturday i really had a great time and im super excited to meet up with all of you again and do this.
BTW... i guess i should thank my rescuers on the trip again. so thanx Scott and Chris, i couldnt have had such a good time without you guys! and of course Bob, Steve, and Tom, you guys did a great job planning the trip. and of course to everyone else i didnt mention that helped me or who i just met, thanx for making it such an awesome trip.

-Casey

Last edited by casey; 08-11-2003 at 03:46 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:41 PM

Pismo #2

Nick_02Tacoma -
Boogyman -
ALL-

If you guys want to hit up pismo again in a month or so, let's do it.
-Chris
Old 08-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Scott,

I PM'd you today about some pics....
Old 08-11-2003, 05:38 PM

Man, I really wish I could have gone. You guys looked to have a blast! I would have been the only 4th gen there too it looks like.

Looks like you had a Xterra and Grand Cherokee along too.

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

yeah i noticed that...i was expecting a 4th gen or two. oh well, next time.

and to that little group i led around on saturday...sorry if i seemed too "crazy" out there. earlier i had been out with chris and casey (casey is 2wd, and may have gotten stuck a couple times, but believe me, he tore it up out there), and those guys are really crazy, so that kinda set the standard for me. it's hard not going to extreme for the group, and at the same time not going so conservative it bores everyone. but still, we had some fun.

so now i'm with everyone else on this cleanup process. fun.

Last edited by calrockx; 08-11-2003 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Pismo Beach 4RJ: Trip Reports and Pictures