Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Official Colorado 4Runner Jamboree (CO4RJ) '04 Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
out of the loop

Well folks, I just got back on after a long hiatus (sp?). Been pretty busy. I was hoping to start building the tube bumper this weekend, but I found out the tube place is closed on Saturdays. Oh well, next weekend.

Carole and I are going to be there, and this time, I think I'll let her drive the Whale Rock. Maybe we'll make it this time. Actually, I think we will make it, I'm a lot higher off the ground than last time.

We plan on staying Sunday night, just to kick it and hang you with you guys a bit, it'll be a lot of fun.

Our plans are:
Arrive on Thursday afternoon:

Friday
[X] Holy Cross City (D)

Saturday
[X] Taylor Pass/American Flag Mtn.(E)

Sunday
[X] Chinaman's Gulch (D)

stay over Sunday night. I'm looking forward to spanking ChinaMan's Gulch!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:56 AM

Everyone has been attempting to pay with credit cards, which is okay, but setting the PayPal account up to accept credit cards means we get changed a fee on the receiving end.

So, I've made the change, but now PayPal payments will be $.25 more per night (in other words, $6.75 rather than $6.50).

Old 07-06-2004, 09:08 AM

Brent, Glad to see you are gonna make it again this year - with fiance aswell. You always keep the fireside chats interesting.

Nice to see that a lot of out-of-towners are gonna make it aswell. I'm glad the CO4RJ event will live on again another year. I was a little disappointed when there was talk of not doing it again at last years event.

Since it seems several of you are staying Sunday night - I think that will be our plan too.

John & Anna
Old 07-06-2004, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bringing the dog John? I am going to make sure he does not try to leak on my tent again this year. It is sounding like if my dad and bro don't come I will have a 4 legged navigator.

Any luck on the who's running/leading what?
Old 07-06-2004, 07:34 PM

LOL! He tried to pee on your tent? I must have forgot about that! Yup, he's gonna make the trip again. He's a 4x4 dog.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:31 AM

Sign-ups have been really slow coming in. So far we only have 5 people paid for the tent site. I don't think the campground will be pleased with us if we only have 5 people in a 40 person tent site.

If you intend to go (especially if you plan to use the tent site), please sign up and pay so we can plan appropriately. (Cancelling later, if necessary, is fine. Refunds will be granted.) If it's an issue of just not having the funds right now, please let us know.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Aurora Sandman
Sign-ups have been really slow coming in. So far we only have 5 people paid for the tent site. I don't think the campground will be pleased with us if we only have 5 people in a 40 person tent site.

If you intend to go (especially if you plan to use the tent site), please sign up and pay so we can plan appropriately. (Cancelling later, if necessary, is fine. Refunds will be granted.) If it's an issue of just not having the funds right now, please let us know.
I'm in finally. Three nights for now, a fourth and fifth may come along as well.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:01 PM

I will CC the tent site payment some time tomorrow. Still up in the air about Thursday to Sunday night or adding Wednesday night.
Old 07-08-2004, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Flygtenstein
Still up in the air about Thursday to Sunday night or adding Wednesday night.
I only have the group site reserved Thrusday through Sunday. If anyone wants it outside of that window, they'll have to arrange that with the campground... and if you do, say, reserve it up for Wednesday night, please post it here so others can share the site with you if they want. By the way, it may require a $100 deposit. At least that's what it was for me.

Everyone, please make sure you sign up by following the instructions on the sign up page. It isn't enough just to post on this thread.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Does that mean that Sunday night is a currently available night for camping or that we have to check out no later than Sunday?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:30 PM

I have our group reserved for Thrusday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. People are free to be there any combination of the nights. What I was saying was, if someone wants to arrive early, like on Wednesday, they'll have to arrange for that with the campground.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

Gotcha. If it works out with work, I may be running Iron Chest (if they "improve" it by then) or Minesweeper on Monday. I'd be interested in leading a group (although I've never run either) for anyone else who stays.

Last edited by toy283; 07-08-2004 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:55 PM

I have posted the sign-ups. I also put a link to this on the main information page.

Again, if you are planning to stay in the group tent site, please send in your money. I suspect that some of the people who have signed up for trails still need to do so.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:50 PM

I think I'll cancel the Glacier Ridge run since no one signed up for it. It's pretty far away anyway. I would personally prefer to run Wheeler. One large group of web Wheelers on Wheeler could be a lot of fun.

Were open to suggestions. We have 14 sign-up's now. We haven't got official sign-up's from some people like Darren, HaveBlue, Sherpa and JX54321 yet. So I would estimate about 20-25 rigs at the event. Heck I did a snow run with Rising Sun up Yankee Hill with 32 vehicles once. I can be a lot of fun as long as you don't have two many problem obstacles for people. Now I haven't run Wheeler yet so I may need to be corrected here.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:42 PM

Steve didn't get 35's so he could run Wheeler Lake! Hee, hee, hee.

But Steve did say Wheeler was the trail that made the trip to Colorado worth it for him. It's a fun, mid-level run with great scenery.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:03 PM

[heavy sarcasm]14 on Wheeler sounds like a blast![/heavy sarcasm]

Schaefer, just show up. You know you want to.

I am off to resolve Pay Pal issues then Mike and SteveO will have some of my money.

How is the leader list coming along?

Are the ORS guys invited or should I mention it when I am next out that way?
Old 07-12-2004, 06:15 PM

Haven't you seen the page?

Sure, they can come. But no open diffs and fouling engines on Chinaman's!
Old 07-12-2004, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Sorry Cheese, Colorado is nice but Moab is better and closer.

So for Fall Moab, what should I bring?

1. 1999 4Runner

2. 1989 FJ-62 Land Crusier

3. 2004 Honda Sportrax 250EX

I would like some nice ATV seat time in Moab, but more or less it will be 1 of the SUV's.
Take your Runner Steve and climb some serious rocks for the boys. Too bad I can't run with you in Colorado this summer. But, I'm still coming to Phoenix this year for another Thanksgiving Martinez run.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:05 PM

[heavy sarcasm]14 on Wheeler sounds like a blast![/heavy sarcasm]

Schaefer, just show up. You know you want to.

I am off to resolve Pay Pal issues then Mike and SteveO will have some of my money.

Adrian, we have you down to lead Holy Cross, once you get that bad boy red 2nd gen back from the shop.

We still need leaders for Hancock and Taylor.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:03 PM

Sounds great.

I did not see the other page before Mike, thanks.

Quick Reply: Official Colorado 4Runner Jamboree (CO4RJ) '04 Announcement