Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

No More All Pro 4Runner Jambo

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No More All Pro 4Runner Jambo

Details

read it and weep.............. :cry:
Old 01-28-2004, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the 10th Annual Jambo occuring in the year of the 20th anniversary of the runner may be going down the tubes.

What a bummer.

I have a feeling/hoping that someone will pull through and step up big though.
Old 01-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member

Bummer--maybe we need to pull together and plan one anyway.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to plan one that's more to most people's capability. Something like Miller Jeep Trail.
I've done it with people on outdoorwire before. I gotta wait til I"m done with SAS though.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by anthony1
I would like to plan one that's more to most people's capability. Something like Miller Jeep Trail.
I've done it with people on outdoorwire before. I gotta wait til I"m done with SAS though.
I would love to do MJT. I'm sure I can definitely get some of the San Diego guys to go as well as they've been itching to try that one out

We should just set something up on our own here and do it at the same time frame (2nd week of march i think right?)
Old 01-30-2004, 01:12 PM

Doh! I had lots of fun at my first (and I guess last) 4runner jambo last year... Hehe, if anyone has the feb 2004 issue of (forgot which magazine) where they have an article about last year's Jamboree, I got my picture in there too

We should just plan on doing it anyways, Johnson Valley, March 21st 2004.... I was already planning to go
Old 02-24-2004, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Mike Bundrant
Over the last several years All-Pro Off Road has hosted the 4Runner Jamboree as a way to give back to the Toyota community, which has done so much for us. We’ve enjoyed our involvement and hope we have helped provide some good times for everyone.

We have always wanted to keep the event well-sponsored and free of charge to the participants. For these reasons the event has been a success each year and has grown considerably over time.

Given the nature and size of the event All-Pro Off Road will no longer host the 4Runner Jamboree, effective immediately. All Pro does not have the proper insurance and therefore cannot get the permits to use BLM land. Essentially we have been assuming a huge liability to hold this event and choose no longer to take that risk.

All-Pro is willing to be the major sponsor for the event should an adequately prepared organization step up and want to host it. Please do not call All-Pro to discuss this. If you or your organization is interested in becoming the sponsor, please send a letter of interest to mike@allprooffroad.com. Your organization must be legitimate, with adequate insurance to attain permits for the BLM land use.

We sincerely apologize for the late notification and for any disruption in your plans.

Dave: Thanks for this perspective....

We hope everyone has a great time at this event being hosted and promoted by the Tin Benders. As I told Dave over the phone, All-Pro is evaluating more than one proposal to host our 4Runner Jamboree and feel it our prerogative to take the time we need to make our decision.
Because the Tin Benders organized themselves and publicly announced their intention to take on the Jamboree, many of you assumed All-Pro should automatically jump on board....but we did in fact receive other valid proposals we felt had merit...they just weren't public.

So, we won't be sponsoring the Tin Bender's event, but that doesn't mean you don't have a right to hold it and call it what you want. I have no complaints....go for it and have a great time....

All-Pro will announce it's plans when we are ready.
No offense intended by my choice of wording....I used "our" as I was trying to differentiate between the event the Tin Benders will host and what we are working with on our end...

Of course I know all of these events come into existence through collaboration amongst many people....and therefore belong to everyone involved....especially the participants.

Please try to keep this in perspective...all that has really happened here is that All Pro put out the word, received some proposals (all within a short period of time) and is in the process of deciding and moving forward...again, will announce plans soon. We wish the Tin Benders the best with their plans...they just didn't coincide with what we are aiming to do.

First they drop the ball and cancel the event, then ask for someone new to grab the reigns. Tin Benders came in and volunteered to organize the event, even fulfilled all of Mikes requirements. Unfortunately it seems that All Pro now has other plans to getting the 4Runner Jamboree going again. I for one won't attend All Pro's new event and will consider the Tin Bender's event as the ongoing annual one. From the looks of things it'll be better than ever before with more prizes and more sponsors.

Thank You All Pro for the support you gave to the past events, but it no longer belongs to you, the crown has been handed to the tin Benders.....