Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

G2G...trip, east coast..PA..MD..VA..

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G2G...trip, east coast..PA..MD..VA..

Hey all,
I am looking at setting up a G2G(meet and greet, get together...etc.) in the spring. Does anybody here know of any good places to go wheeling in Southern PA/ MD/ Northern VA. I would like to have a food(burgers etc.) on the grounds that we will be wheeling. I came from the VW community(one of the tightest groups of owners with numerous get togethers a month let alone a year...). Any suggestions or help would be apprecitated. Thanks
Old 12-18-2005, 11:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I usually go wheeling with the guys from Mid-Atlantic TTORA and we either go to Rausch Creek or Paragon. Those are pretty good places to go wheeling. RC has camping on site, and there is a good campground pretty close to Paragon.

VA and/or MD TTORA goes to one of those places about once a month if you ever want to tag along.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:01 PM
Contributing Member

Paragon is a pretty good place but like beatertoyota said, theres no camping on the grounds... Ive never been to Rausch though. Im out in york. Any other poeple in the area... im game for alittle meet and greet... let me know
Old 12-19-2005, 08:07 AM

Another means of meeting people (not just Toy owners) is to join a local club. CHC is the club in your area, and we are meeting in Harney just after the first of the year to get started working on the club Bronco racer we will be raffling off. We do trail runs (to Paragon and other places), and many races during the spring/summer/fall as part of the Region B race schedule of EC4WDA. The race we sponsor is on the second full weekend of September in Kingsdale. We also volunteer up at Pocono for each NASCAR race as a way to earn money for the club, so you get free admission to that event.

I'm the only Toy owner in the club, and sure would like some more to join to "represent" the brand. LMK if you are interested, and I can get you contact info, meeting location details, etc.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toy4x4runner
Another means of meeting people (not just Toy owners) is to join a local club. CHC is the club in your area. . .
Good point.

Also, check out Keystone Krawlers. A lot of Jeeps, several Toyotas, and all good people to go wheeling with.

Early winter is pretty booked up for me, but a yotatech trailride in the spring sounds good.