Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Florida / Space-Coast Area - ANNUAL CANAVERAL GROVES NEW YEAR'S MUD BOGGIN

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Florida / Space-Coast Area - ANNUAL CANAVERAL GROVES NEW YEAR'S MUD BOGGIN

Well, it's that time of the year again!

I know most of the subscribers to this site are more dedicated to technical trail rides and rock crawling, but us southern boys down here in Florida have to get out jollys in other ways!

Every year everyone that knows about the event gathers up to get down and dirty, hit some high RPMs, sling a whole lotta mud, usually break some things on their rigs, but all around are just out to have a good time!

Sure there is some drinking going on by a lot of the people that attend the gathering, but it's still family safe, or at least I would consider it to be. The fire marshall hangs out all day to ensure nothing gets out of hand, and everybody's just got some good ol southen hospitality, so it's just a hang loose and have a good time atmosphere!

There's all kinds of makes and model trucks that attend; and you can see (or participate) bone stock trucks trying their luck, mildly modified just have'n some fun, and even the big boys with tractor V-treads tearing up the mud! It's just an all day high horse power adrenaline filled day full of loud exhaust and mud slingin!

Takes place on Thursday, January 1st, and it's all day long! I like to get there around 7:30 to 8:00 am to get a decent spot to park.

I've heard rumors this year that their suppose to be digging a couple separate hole with a loader to make things a little more interesting, but everything else is just naturally formed Florida mud pits!

If you're not familiar with where it's at, here's a basic quick map/layout of the area

Usually the "7 Lakes" area is where most people park (there, and along the sides of the trail leading to it), and most all of the action takes place in the "Grove's Mud Pit", with the occational adventure over to "Black Hole".

2wd can normally make it to the 7 Lakes area no problem, however 4wd is recommended, and don't even attempt to get to Black Hole with a 2wd; many 4wd even have issues getting there; I've driven out there a few times and the water can creep up past your floorboard in a few spots.

If you need more directions (or just better ones), and want to setup a crew to go, post a comment!

Hope to see yall locals out there!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member

--BUMP--

It's tomorrow! I'm prepped!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Contributing Member

well, if you went, I'm sorry... I was very disappointed...

there was just WAY too many people this year, and it was just to the point of not barely being able to walk around...

anywho, here's the goods... it's all I got, I only stayed till about 3-O-Clock...

and I might get more from other people...
Old 01-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

and here's to being bored...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyi9qsgl22I[/YOUTUBE]