Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Evan's Creek - November 29th

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evans creek

I will be there but will still be open on both ends.
Have locker but have been down with cold.
Feel good now so time to play.
Bill
Old 11-30-2002, 08:03 PM

I didn't get any pics but some pretty good video. When I get a few spare minutes I'll try to get them off the video camera and posted.

We have 12 rigs on a beatiful sunny day. Lots of good wheeling, some tough spots and a little body damage on a few rigs.

We ran the lower section of 102 which was very easy. We all had some fun on a few logs. The Double Diamond section of 102 was another story. We all did fairly well except for Matt in his full size Bronco. The switch backs were much too tight. We eventually turned around.

311 was a great trail for this group. We had rigs that were heavily built to stock 4Runners. We all made it through with minimal problems and no severe damage. A couple quarter panel dings and bumper realignments.

Let's do this again soon!
Old 11-30-2002, 09:20 PM

Hey Gibby,
Im glad I made the last minute decision meet up with you all. 311 was knarly as heck but boy was it a blast. Once I get the video and pics edited I'll post.

Thanks again.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:23 AM

Did you skip the second section of that trail? It had some tough sports as well but everyone got through with only a couple needing some tugs and I dare say, a little rock stacking. I'm happy to report that all rocks were returned to their original positions. :pat:
Old 12-01-2002, 07:04 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Mike, how would you compare the negotiating of the trail between 311 & the Naches?

Waiting for pics & vids
Old 12-01-2002, 07:39 AM

Wait until you all see the vid of a little rut Dale had to negotiate over when the trail wasn't wroking for him. PLEASE, somebody tell me you got that on video!

BTW, who was the guy with the two sons and the silver, stock 4Runner that followed me up that last section. I forgot to get your name. That was some gutsy driving. All that work just to take damage on the last couple hundred feet of trail :cry: It was a joy to run with you and be your spotter. Hope the repair doesn't cost too much and hope to see you again soon!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:46 AM

Scott, I don't think anyone got that on video, everyone was too busy gawking and saying, "Holy *(&&*"! I'm wondering if the young guy with the "interesting" hairdo got any video. I'm not really sure who he was, but if someone knows how to get in touch with him, let me know.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:27 AM

Here's my ftp site for the vids.

More to come!

ftp://209.20.253.189:211/

Open the folder called Evan's Creek 113002
Old 12-01-2002, 09:32 AM

These clips run best if you download them to your own computer before playing. Right click on the file, left click on copy to folder, then copy it to somewhere on your harddrive.
Old 12-01-2002, 09:51 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I will try your Evans folder later.
I am trying to get them now via cable, and it's saying a 3 hour download for all the vids.

Probably to many trying right now.
Corey
Old 12-01-2002, 09:54 AM

The vids are also pretty large!

I don't know how to compress them yet... That's another step I have to learn with this new digital cam and software.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:02 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

They ought to look pretty good then.

I'll let the PC download them when I go to bed or later tonight, and grab them all.
Corey
Old 12-01-2002, 02:02 PM

Originally posted by upndair
Did you skip the second section of that trail? It had some tough sports as well but everyone got through with only a couple needing some tugs and I dare say, a little rock stacking. I'm happy to report that all rocks were returned to their original positions. :pat:
Yes we did. Although Richele (LA's wife) did excellent for her first time wheeling, it was a bit stressful for her. We didn't want to scare her out of wheeling with us in the future.
Its funny. She now wants a 4inch lift and 33's on her rig.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:22 PM

evans creek

I had a blast on sat with the whole group that showed up.
Good thing it was some easy trails we went on because I didn`t get any damage.
Thanks everyone for the great time.
Bill
Old 12-01-2002, 04:16 PM

When I see Matt on Monday, I'll try to find out how to compress these file. The long one is 66MB!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Got all the vids a few hours ago.
Yes, that one was big

They all play nice though full size.
It was interesting watching the rig in the 1st vid navigate that tight turn.
Corey
Old 12-01-2002, 06:09 PM

Thumbs up

TOO fun! It was great to get together with you all. We, the Isuzu crowd, had a great time! Joe and Tony both felt the long drives were well worth it!

I would of liked to of continued up that upper part of the 102, even with the fender damage (just a really good excuse to quit putting off the steel rear bumper!), but another time I guess!

The 311 is a fun trail. Someone asked above which was harder, the 311 or Naches - I think the 311 is harder. Each has their challenges, but 311 seems to compact it all together - non-stop challenge.

Gibby - It was great to go on a run with you. Your FourRunner has changed a lot since I first saw it last summer - looked & handled great! Bummer on the back panel - you'd think being that high up you'd miss more! I think I'll have to download the last file at work - I don't have cable and the 16MB one took over an hour to download.

WW Bill - You are so-o lucky I made it through that last section of 311 without having to stop! You may have been helping me to get that new rear bumper!

Richelle - You did it! I wish it had been a little easier for you, that was a lot to jump in with no experience, kinda trial by fire, but you made it through!

I got quite a few pics - I'll get them developed and a link posted in about a week - 35mm, you know - the snail mail of the photo world! Next time we'll try to get a few more local Isuzus to join in the fun, too!
Old 12-01-2002, 06:14 PM

Hey Scott, that was me in the silver 4runner. My sons and I had a great time saturday despite the damage ,a great group off people, and an awsome veiw of Mt Ranier made it all worth while. Thanx again for the help through the tough stuff. I'll be back out again. Time for a lift, bigger tire's and lockers.My 4runner wants to be like Dale's when it grows up:eek: Daryl D
Old 12-01-2002, 06:48 PM

Alright Daryl, I was wondering whether you were a member here or not. I like putting faces to names. Your boys sure seemed to have a good time. They were making me laugh because you would barely get stopped stopped somewhere and the doors would come flying open and up the hill they would charge to watch the action. Lockers make a huge difference. That would be my first addition, coupled with a good set of sliders.

Manufacturers should give us a cut of the proceeds generated here I think, we certainly send them enough business!
Old 12-01-2002, 07:56 PM

Hey Daryl,
What damage did you take?
Welcome to the post by the way. I noticed this was your first post.

Hey I still have those tires if you want them. Just pick up some rockcrawler rims. There real cheap. I might pick up a set of 16X8 .

Last edited by smr4runner; 12-01-2002 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Evan's Creek - November 29th