Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Back from Pismo Beach: New Pic

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back from Pismo Beach: New Pic

Hey guys

Wel made it back safely... and I still believe E Aho Laula = Wider is better. They said it cant be done. A 15x 10 rims on a stock 2nd gen 1990 4runner without lifting and no rubbing on 31x10.5 tires. well I beg to differ....

Yes they are bubbled out like JLo's butt, but lets just say their Phat!!! I even tried them aired down to 14 PSI no problems. I got that mini monster truck look with a full wheel well. No rubbing however its a tight fit as the wheel sticks out almost 2.3 inches.

The true test was at Pismo Beach on Saturday 11-29 where she climbed a 45 foot near verticle dune and out ran a big lifted Chevy Avalanche who sank and got stuck on the sand dune half way up.........Yotas rock.... She performed awsome. I did alot of dune climbing. I didn't want to jump her as I was 240 miles away from home.

Also talk about bad luck I lost my keys.... luckily, I had a magnetic key box with an extra key hidden on the runner

I'm a surfer and need a serious beach cruiser therefore E Aho Laula (wider is better) after all a Hummer H1 is low and wide.... The runner now feels like its a stabler platform with limited swaying.

By the way the here's a pic on the beach I also have a 1.9 meg video on AVI format but I have no clue how to get the video on this site please help.....:cry: :cry: Also can I use the picture under my name and how do i do it????

Oh yeah please check out my page at http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigkahuna10
thanks Big Kahuna
Old 11-30-2003, 04:17 AM

Hey just thought I'd tell yah, Im running 15 x 10's and 32 x 11.5 x 15 all terrains ...with minor rub when on full turn........

Dunno who told you it can't be done??? But it can.......oh and I got no lift ..... I wish I could drive o nthe beach too

truck looks good though

BTW have fun keepin those rims bling bliong, polished mine a while ago and already they're dull... lol not to bad though just after a while they fade then its back to givin my truck a rim job

Last edited by koke; 11-30-2003 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:22 AM

Great pic! Those wheels really look good on your rig.
Old 11-30-2003, 06:27 AM
Contributing Member

OK.... did I miss a post again?! Im going to the dunes today!!! Sounds like you had fun! Its all about airing down!
Have a friend with a new CRV..... 4WD..... should she go guys? No low range or high range... open differential all around.... but now that I think about Mr. L33T35T (Jason) who is 2WD that drove like crazy... my friend should have no problem
Maybe we'll go to Big Falls.....
Old 11-30-2003, 09:33 AM

to da Guys

WHoopi

Thanks for the replies.

Koke cool deal Im looking into buying new tires thanks for the tip..

Cabbage Have fun My best tip is to keep the CRV in 4wheel drive and dont worry about the drifting its normal and stay on the edges of the dunes as its less dramatic. also when going up dunes stay 90degrees to the top and dont panic turn if you get stuck just back straight back down. I had to back down on a 45 foot dune as the v6 was not powerful enough to get up. at least I didnt overpower the dune like the Avalanch and get stuck half way up... well have fun in the sand and be safe.. oh yeah dont forget to bring a long tow strap."just incase the CRV needs to pull out a chevy JK or vice versa" at least your covered as there are alot of other trucks out there.

Vato Loco tanks for da Props..

Peace to all Big Kahuna

If anyone want to see the video please email me I can send it it's 1.9 meg