Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Anza Borrego Desert 4RJ - Oct 24,25,26 CA/AZ/NV/NM...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no way this event will get cancelled!!! We have too much at stake!! hehe

I should be there friday evening. Ofcourse, I'll be fighting the LA traffic on a friday to go down to see ya guys so expect me late but I will be there
Old 10-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Tacoma Dude
Waahaa

Don't tease me!!!
I'd hate to be the only non-4by out there - how humiliating!
i havent checked on this thread in a while. it looks like it would be a lot of fun. i'll see if i can get work off, i would love to go and meet some new faces!
Peter, you wont be the only 2WD if I go!

-Casey
Old 10-02-2003, 12:22 PM
Contributing Member

Monkeynuts:
I just got around to checking out your website, VERY NICE!

Casey:
YES! That'd be awesome!
Let'sgoLet'sgoLet'sgoLet'sgoLet'sgoLet'sgoLet'sgoL et'sgoLet'sgo!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by casey
i havent checked on this thread in a while. it looks like it would be a lot of fun. i'll see if i can get work off, i would love to go and meet some new faces!

-Casey
Don't you want to see the "ultimate" 4Banger in action ???
Old 10-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by sschaefer3
thats one of my main reasons for considering going now!

-Casey
Old 10-02-2003, 01:48 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks why I'm going!!! Not to see how my 4th gen will do but rather see how your 4banger does! I've seen some videos and pix of your rig and it looks sweeeeet!!!!

Cya all in a few weeks!!!!
Old 10-02-2003, 06:51 PM
Contributing Member

Are we the only ones who will have a Solid Front axle truck? The FJ-62 is comin as well you know.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by casey

-Casey
That's misleading, don't you have a locker? He should still go, but he is truly 2wd.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:00 PM
Contributing Member

DECEPTION!!!
aw man, you really know how to hurt a guy...

I'm thinking of going anyway - hey, everyone will want to practice pulling me out of something anyway, right?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:13 PM
Contributing Member

hey i decieved no one!

i just didnt give any details... thats all

-Casey
Old 10-08-2003, 08:57 AM

bump bump bump

just wanted to knock this back to the top and make sure noone forgets.

Old 10-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

Not gonna forget!

So I-10 to 78W would be my best bet from PHX?
Old 10-08-2003, 09:15 AM

on the map, it looks like the best route would be I10 from phoenix all the way to the 78w. never gone that route though. the 78 meets I10 shortly after you get into ca.

when i punched it into yahoo's mapping junk, it says take I10 to the 86S, to I8 west, to 111 north, to 78 west.

not sure which is better. when i ordered my rear susp from mike at extreme off road, he said he was going to glamis around this time, which would be the i10 to the 78 west. you may want to send him a pm to see if that's the route to take out there. it might be worth going that route if you've never seen glamis. you'll pass right through it. nothing like you've ever seen before.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Did you guys see this---sounds like a fun trip.

Home Registration Donors & Sponsors Press Releases
California association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc. And the Cal-Diego Paralyzed Veterans Association are proud to present

Operation Desert Fun 2003
At the Ocotillo Wells SVRA
October 17-19

CAL-Diego PVA 3350 La Jolla Village Drive #1A-118 San Diego, CA 92161
CA4WDC 8120 36th Avenue Sacramento, Ca 95824-2304

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact for C-DPVA – Amanda Pearson 858-450-1443
Contact for CA4WDC – Angela Cook 760-751-9733

New South District Event Extends Challenge to All Clubs

Operation Desert Fun, scheduled for October 17-19, is shaping up to be an event to remember. As you read last month, there will be a few additions to the usual 4x4 runs, including SUV runs and an SUV clinic by Western Adventures, a Dual Sport run, and runs for buggies, Baja’s and motorcycles.

The Powder Puff Run (to drive you have to be a female or dress like one) is turning into an event all by itself! Led by a “mystery trail boss and crew” this run will also feature an ugliest “woman” contest and a few more surprises.

If that isn’t enough entertainment for you, we are pleased to announce the “Sponsor a Port-a-Potty” contest!!! Yes, for a mere $60, YOU TOO can sponsor a port-a-potty. You can put your name or club name on it, decorate it inside and out, or anything else your twisted minds can come up with. The only rule we have at this time is that you do no permanent altering to the structure which means you can’t paint it pink or nail your sign to the door. Other than that (or anything illegal), you are free to go nuts. And the best part is that there will be a trophy awarded to the best potty in the desert!

We would like to offer the members who can’t attend the event a chance to participate, so we will put your name, your clubs’ name or even business name on a potty for you if you send us your $60. We will also take a picture for you to have for your memory books.

We would like to thank the Desert Dawgs and the San Diego Outbacks (they had to participate; their logo is an outhouse!) for being the first clubs to take a potty for their own. Knowing the members of these two clubs, I have a feeling they will be hard to beat. [Confidential to Dave Henry: If this contest is a success, I am taking full credit for the idea. If it fails, it’s all yours!] Act fast as there are a limited number of potties available.

You would think that all of that would be enough, but no! We are also offering games on Friday night. Jerry Berman of the Outbacks is leading a reflector run that should be very challenging. Chris Chase from Geared 4 Fun will be sending folks all over the desert with his GPS run. And for those who love a game of chance, the Poker Run should be a blast with the Inland Empire 4 Wheelrs, the San Diego Outbacks, Geared 4 Fun 4WDC, West Coast 4WDC, the San Diego Rock Crawlers, Tierra Del Sol 4WDC, and the Hemet Jeep Club doing their best to get you to vote for their stop as your favorite. I don’t know what they are going to make you do to get your cards, but I made them promise that they would send everyone back to camp intact!

We are still looking for vendors as well as donations to the adult and kids’ raffles. Don’t forget that all donations are tax deductible with the proceeds going to the Cal-Diego Paralyzed Veterans Association. This is not only a good cause, but they are a great group of people who served our country and deserve the best we can offer. Some of the vets will be attending the event in their own 4x4’s.

For anyone interested, we will be doing a night pre-run for the event on September 13 starting at 6:30 p.m. (due to the heat). If you have any questions or donations, please don’t hesitate to contact one of us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do not sanction, endorse or guarantee any events, groups, or individuals
who post events or services on this site or link to or from it.
California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs Inc
California Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs Inc.Conservation & Education Foundation

CA4WDC, INC.
8120 36th Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95824-2304
800 - 4x4-Funn
Any Comments E-Mail Web Master@cal4wheel.com
Old 10-09-2003, 09:21 PM

Looks like a great group. cal4wheel.com to see info. It's $40 or $50 day of. Goes to a great cause too. I'll definitely try to go. If others go I'm going to try and round up $$ so we can name a porta-potty "Yotatech"!

Do you guys recognize this 4Runner on their website? I've seen it here.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Joe
Contributing Member

Ya, I wanna see that puppy in action so I'll run with ya on Friday and Saturday.
Old 10-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Contributing Member

Looks like I will not be able to make the trip this next weekend. Hopefully next time around I can be on board.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

It looks like I am going to miss this one. There has been some crazy personnel issues at my work, and my boss needs me to work that Saturday. If I can get off by 3 ish I may try to find you guys, and at least get a little wheeling in on Sunday.

I am super disapointed about this. You guys will have to take tons of pics so we can see how much fun you have.

I will keep you posted if anything changes in the next week or so.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Joe
Ya, I wanna see that puppy in action so I'll run with ya on Friday and Saturday.
I would assume you have a surprise or two of your own.

If you'll be there, these Californians will indeed be in for a show.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:23 AM

This meet looks very interesting, I have yet to make it out to Anza Borrego! I may be able to hook up with you all, working out the details this week.

Last edited by Sveltax; 10-14-2003 at 07:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Anza Borrego Desert 4RJ - Oct 24,25,26 CA/AZ/NV/NM...