FJ Cruiser 2007 & on

Buying an FJ soon...will toyota budge on pricing with these?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah, i would also have to recommend automatic also.

i dunno with me, i love white and black cars/trucks. something about it..

the blue and the dark red fj look very nice also..

too bad fj doesnt have a white
Old 09-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by infiltrator
too bad fj doesnt have a white
I almost did not buy one on account of that, as my last 3 Toyotas have been all white.

But white would look out of place with the white roof
I dig the two tone, as it is paying homage to the FJ40s with their two color scheme.

The silver has really grown on me.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still havent seen anybody post pics of the cream colored one?
Old 09-23-2007, 03:55 PM

In Flagstaff,AZ the toyata dealership was very nice when my bro was buying his FJ. I made the deal for him, and ended up getting them to sell the FJ for $500 over invoice and that was in May 07. I should also mention he paid with a cashiers check.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by silversup
Toyota was only willing to give me 7 percent and my credit union gave me 5...Maybe I could have haggled with Toyota but in the end it wasnt worth it.
7% is absolutely crazy, I can only assume that you have not financed through Toyota in the past but I certainly agree that the Credit Union was the better way to go.
If you are from the Philly area it is very easy to get the Dealers to fight for your business, don't forget there are three Toyota Dealers up in and around Allentown, I have purchased two vehicles from Benett in Alllentown and one from Dick Milham near Easton, both treated me well, there is also Krause in Fogelsville. Peruzzi gave me some very competitive quotes in the past on Tacomas and Tacos are always hot sellers.
Good Luck!
Old 09-23-2007, 05:02 PM

im surprised that fj's are not hot sellers...
It's called $81/barrel oil, and $2.80 ~ $3.10 per gallon of gas. No surprise there.

(theres a place in southern cali where you get cars for dirt cheap, and its called downey (like the shocks hahahahah) i think they steal them and get fake tags and such for all their cars, but hey its legal if you buy it)
Whatever you want to do for yourself, that's fine, but please never offer anyone legal advise!!
Old 09-23-2007, 08:25 PM

Genxr good job on the useless post....You act like SUVs arent everywhere on the road...I guess people are really caring about the cost of the gas....Also you act like we arent driving around in runners that are getting 13-17 mpg...hmm.

We all have trucks and cars on the side w better gas mileage. The FJs pricing is pretty good considering all the roading capability it has....Makes sense for folks to be buying them.... Well I guess folks will be buying them used in the future..

Corey hot truck man! You make me want silver! IMHO it kinda blends with the white top. All the other colors contrast with the white top. I kinda like it as much as I dont. Its weird...

FAst and sdstud thanks for the info. You guys have me feeling pretty good with purchasing a FJ. Much appreciated
Old 09-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
are you planning on getting rims/tires? stocks look cool.

i read a post that corey wrote a while ago how he traded in his oldies which was a good idea that you might wanna check out. im a sucker for chrome..
hence the "chrome package" on my 95 lol

you know what would look really cool??

matching the paint to your aftermarket rims
i spraypainted my buddys hub caps to match his white car almost exactly

it looks really good believe it or not
Old 09-24-2007, 02:16 PM

Big Picture of the 08 and my runner

Old 09-24-2007, 02:32 PM

HA I am a sucker for the stocker chromes on the silver FJ truck looks badass. Only thing I like better is black wheels on trucks. Makes em look mean...

FUZION i love the silver man. The blend with the white top is awesome.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM

I wasnt too fond of the silver - i was really liking the black but it looks like a SKUNK. The white and silver are a good choice. Red looks good too!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:40 PM

Build what you want on the Toyota website and use their link to submit it to the local dealership's internet salespeople. Every initial offer I received was ~$200 over invoice, and once we started talking they still had room to go lower.

Plus the internet sales guys are usually a lot more experienced and a lot less into the games than the floor folks.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BobKid
Build what you want on the Toyota website and use their link to submit it to the local dealership's internet salespeople. Every initial offer I received was ~$200 over invoice, and once we started talking they still had room to go lower.

Plus the internet sales guys are usually a lot more experienced and a lot less into the games than the floor folks.
Thats very good advice, the "internet sales" guy at the dealership is usually less into doing all the drama too (like going to talk to the manager and all that crap) What's he going to do? put you on hold for 10 minutes?

they know most people will just hang up the phone, as apposed to the dealership where they have you inside sitting at a table, it is 10x easier to be rude to the sales guy over the phone, or just hang up on him, than it is when you are actually sitting there talking face to face, and they know that it is a thinner line they are walking on to get you to buy from them, so they will shovel less B.S. your way

One note from personal experience of working at a motorcycle dealership: the internet sales guy is always the worst "salesman" out of the bunch, and by that I mean that he is the one that can't close deals, and isn't very good at convincing people to buy something they don't want/need, and to buy it for the highest price.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:09 PM

i am gonna beat my runner down, then ill buy a cheap 4wd 02 in a few years, offroad it only! (theres a place in southern cali where you get cars for dirt cheap, and its called downey (like the shocks hahahahah) i think they steal them and get fake tags and such for all their cars, but hey its legal if you buy it)
this is about the most unsmartest thing I have ever heard,

If you are in possesion of stolen property, and the police know about it, YOU DON'T GET TO KEEP IT, it doesn't matter if you bought it legally or not, and after the police take it, they don't just hand you a check for it's value, you have to go back to whoever sold it to you (if they aren't in jail)

How would you like it someone stole your ride, and then you find it, and the guy who has it says that he bought it legally so there is nothing you can do about it? that sounds like a recipe for a swift kick in the crotch

Sorry for the hijack, enjoy your new FJ Cruiser!!!

Last edited by b.miller123; 11-16-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by b.miller123
One note from personal experience of working at a motorcycle dealership: the internet sales guy is always the worst "salesman" out of the bunch, and by that I mean that he is the one that can't close deals, and isn't very good at convincing people to buy something they don't want/need, and to buy it for the highest price.
That's kind of the feeling I get. It looks like it works great for guys who just wanna do the deal and not try to milk every penny out of it or get into all the drama. Especially the older guys who just wanna sell units and not worry about competing with the lot guys.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:31 AM
Contributing Member

There is a cream coloured one one the lot at a dealer near me... It is UGLY! they also have several other models in the same paint colour... looks like that is going to be yota's new "hot" colour this year... I'll see if I can grab a pic and post it up for y'all...
Old 11-17-2007, 07:06 AM

Im debating between a 3rd or 4th Gen 4Runner or the FJ when I sell my Jeep in the summer. I'm hoping to have 15K to put down on one, and was also wondering about the prices. Basically all I'm looking for the E-locker which came out to 27K on their website. I fell in love with the FJ's on my first test drive.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are different types of Toyota dealers. Most are typical haggle and jack you around types. However, there are also high volume dealers out there that will sell you a vehicle at invoice or under. Look for someone with a big inventory of vehicles on the lot and an internet sales program.

I hope there is a special place in hell for car salesmen.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

or buy slightly used

airrikk17

by the way , mines for sale
Old 11-25-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Georgiadave
I hope there is a special place in hell for car salesmen.
that is going in my sig that is great

Quick Reply: Buying an FJ soon...will toyota budge on pricing with these?