General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSS for gear driven transfer case

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSS for gear driven transfer case

I am in the process of a 5.0 motor swap and decided to get a gear driven transfer case rather than using my chain drive one.

The problem I have run into is that my 92 4Runner uses an electronic VSS on the transfer case and the whole on the new transfer case I got is to small to receive it. The transfer case I got was from an older yota which had a cable driven speedo. I heard of them making a VSS that will fit the smaller hose and plug into my runner but I am having a hard time locating info on this sender unit.

I need part numbers and maybe a rough price and maybe where to get one. Getting one from toyota(cost a fortune) is my last resort. I was told that they had this sender on gear driven transfer cases that were made around 93-95, If that helps. I am thinking it was the forward shifting gear driven transfer cases. Hopefully somone out there has some info.