General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Angel Eye xenon headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angel Eye xenon headlights

Anyone have any experience with the angel eye xenon headlights?
thinkin bout puttin em on my truck since the stock headlights dont do very much in terms of lighting...
Old 09-09-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no experience with those, but I like the way they look, where can you get them?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:51 PM

i found em on ebay.. here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91...QQcmdZViewItem
feast your eyes upon those... i think ima buy em to see how they are.. will repost
Old 09-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
i found em on ebay.. here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-91...QQcmdZViewItem
feast your eyes upon those... i think ima buy em to see how they are.. will repost
I like that they use the H4 bulbs. I am not a big fan of the halo feature but I could live with it.

I cant wait to see how you like 'em.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
They seem too blue to me. I don't know how much of that is from the halo though... I like a more white beam myself. Plus they say "HID" but all they're really doing is using H4s. But as far as a H4 conversion goes, that's a normal price.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 PM

ordered them.. they should be here wednesday or thursday... will send pic once theyre on. oh and yeah, this is off topic, but does anyone know how to convert binary numbers (01010101010101) into decimals? haha, first night of ITT TECH tonight, and dont get a thing.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:04 PM

also ordered them because the stock headlights dont really do much in terms of lighting. i had to have the daylighters on for about 3/4 of the drive from san diego to here because the headlights couldnt light up the road... the desert tends to get quite dark... haha. anyone else notice the stock headlights are kind of wimpy? heres a list of dislikes(much shorter than likes so i wont even list the likes, WAAAY too much).
the driver side window regulator (have gone through 3 of them in the past 2 years
headlights
oil filter and fuel filter locations
had no problem with the horn except it sounded wimpy, and the OOGAH horn is being replaced with an air horn, anyone want the OOGAH for like 10 bucks? haha
Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool lights, I doubt if they're legal here in Cali. But for some reason the do it your self blacked out tail lights are. Every thing else cool is illegal(open headers, beadlocks on the road, police sirens ) but those still are. There really is no justice.....
Old 09-10-2007, 10:14 PM

bead locks are illegal out there now? a lot of the bros (dirt bike and quad guys with big trucks) had beadlocks and i never saw them get pulled over for em... thats one reason i left cali: its a really screwed up state. but hey your governer can kick my governers butt.. haha
Old 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Contributing Member

bead locks are illegal out there now? a lot of the bros (dirt bike and quad guys with big trucks) had beadlocks and i never saw them get pulled over for em... thats one reason i left cali: its a really screwed up state. but hey your governer can kick my governers butt.. haha
Yeah, beadlocks are illegal on pavement, as far as I know. I'd like to think that the CHP has better things to do than go around checking people's rims to see if they are running beadlocks, or not! Yeah, The Govenator is doing wonders to pull this state out of the crapper. Gray Davis did a lot of damage that is going to take a long time to correct.....like enhanced smog requirements . Now some of my older cars will never pass smog.....Maybe I should get a Ferrari powered DeLorean and do some donuts around the Governor's mansion.....esp the 4X4 one!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM

hmm

I've got a set that I'll sell. They are new. I planned to use them in a retrofit, but never got around to it. They have a little blue l.e.d. in the side for the "blue" look (cheesy), but if you take it out they would be really nice for output. They come with bulbs. If anybody wants a set cheap, pm me.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:22 PM

hahaha yeah, you live semi close to him huh? do me a favor... ill send you a sun visor... have him autograph it lol
Old 09-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member

hahaha yeah, you live semi close to him huh? do me a favor... ill send you a sun visor... have him autograph it lol
Sun Visor!?!? I'm close to Sacramento, not San Francisco... . JK. I live about 2 hours away from either of the two, and that's close enough.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:32 PM

haha.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:43 PM

I have a pair of those with a projector on them and my halo is white instead of blue, the blue halo is probably illegal. I love the lights though, they are definatly way brighter. This is what mine look like.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 PM

in vegas there not illegal . they sell the stuff in checker/kragen, autozone, pepboys, all that stuff. plus a lot of cars have the blue halo lights. (ive seen a couple cop cars with them too... surprisingly. next time i see one ill get a pic) sick truck
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Contributing Member

in vegas there not illegal . they sell the stuff in checker/kragen, autozone, pepboys, all that stuff. plus a lot of cars have the blue halo lights. (ive seen a couple cop cars with them too... surprisingly. next time i see one ill get a pic) sick truck
Everything is legal in Vegas... lucky bass terd...
Old 09-10-2007, 10:51 PM

na not everything is legal out here. youd be surprised. prostitution isnt legal out here, but go out to pahrump there are road signs for hoe houses and for the mustang ranch.. havent been there, but heard its awesome. cant get that in vegas. plus in vegas a lot of the trails are closed up because too many stupid people thought they could offroad their little cars and 2wd trucks(no offense to these owners), and ended up getting stuck, so after awhile they closed everything off, except for a place by my house, and nellis. to my knowledge anyway.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 PM

Yeah they sell the lights in stores like that here in oregon too, but I do know the cops are crazy about stopping people for blue lights and for white turn signals, but I guess the worst they would do is probably give you a warning. If you did get pulled over you could allways jsut disconnect the halos and just use the light, especially since that is mainly what you got them for.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:11 PM

yeah thats prob what ill end up doing. what i dont understand though is if theyre illegal, why are they allowed to sell them in stores for street use? you know? haha

Quick Reply: Angel Eye xenon headlights