General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

PLEASE, add to my pre-roadtrip list!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rngrchad
I have a crafstman digital multimeter. I will definently bring that. If nothing else, I'll be able to troubleshoot a bad battery vs a bad alternator with it.

....Exactly 7 days before my last day of work here in Ohio Can't wait to get to Bellingham! My friend out there just got a house, so as soon as I get there I'm going to have to get a job and start paying rent. Looks like Im going to be there for a year cause we just signed the lease! Yeee haaaa, nothign like last minute, moving across the country to be in the mountains to keep things interesting.

Congrtas and welcome, almost, the the PNW.

B-Ham... interesting town, mostly liberal, baker has good boarding and is mostly a boarder hill now (LOTS of snow, usually heavy), Whistler is very close, 2.5 hours.. great duck hunting, if you can find land. Places to snowmobile etc... Nothing like the wet-side... You'll like it

Originally Posted by rngrchad
I'm confused? Romeo and Juliets?
Cigars, but I prefer swishers
Old 09-27-2006, 07:37 PM

Rubber barn boots help for when the campsite you thought was level turns out to be not so or decides to turn into a creek bed in the middle of the night.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:03 AM

How about the kitchen sink?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:42 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How about a woman..... It can get mighty cold
Old 09-28-2006, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by rollem
How about a woman..... It can get mighty cold
Hmm...a woman. Why do I tend to think that a woman wouldn't last very long living in the bed of a truck in cold temperatures...eating dry ramen noodles, and peanut butter and jelly? The day I find a woman like that is the day I get married....
Any WOMAN on yotatech wanna be added to my roadtrip list???
Old 09-28-2006, 08:18 PM

You might want to swap out the ramen for a mix of brown and white rice. Rice takes a little bit longer to make, but it's actually got good stuff in it for you verse Top Ramen which is about a healthy for you as plastic. Top Ramen sure tastes yummy but when it's a primary food for as long as you are going out for, you NEED to take rice. You'll thank your self at the end of the trip.

Also, I would recommend having a bag that never leaves you that has all your Important crap. I would also take a few pre stamped envelopes.

-Journal
-and a 12 cu. ft. freezer

That should do it. : )
Old 09-28-2006, 08:50 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Carolina packets of rice come in handy, brown rice tends to spoil over time so be carefull!

As for an important bag, how about a bob bag-I got tons of them..All your essentials are in it incase you gotta run (NOW) and that all you got.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

How about your climbing harness(es). I saw it in your photo, but not on the list. If you have an alpine harness, you may want to take it as well for any glacier-travel-type climbing. How about your helmet?

BTW, that kind of women do exist. You just need to look on the SummitProject.com site for them, or read Alpinist mag.

Last edited by 86Original; 10-06-2006 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

I hate you Chad. (j/k)

Looks like a good list, but you did forget one thing:

ME.

Take me with you, please!?!? It would just be me, my climbing stuff, my snowboarding gear, maybe a mountainboard, and my bike, and some clothes, and a coffee maker, and...... We could fit it all, I promise!

Ok, seriously, have fun... but I am a wee bit jealous....
Old 10-06-2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tacoclimber
I hate you Chad. (j/k)

Looks like a good list, but you did forget one thing:

ME.

Take me with you, please!?!? It would just be me, my climbing stuff, my snowboarding gear, maybe a mountainboard, and my bike, and some clothes, and a coffee maker, and...... We could fit it all, I promise!

Ok, seriously, have fun... but I am a wee bit jealous....
Heheheh....well man, just catch me here on yotatech in a few weeks, and I'll finally be moved in the Pacific NorthWest just in time for the flakes to fall at Whistler/blackcomb, baker and revelstoke. I'll stop by the library and post some pics of DEEP SNOW, and when the sun comes out....long handcracks in Squamish!
Peace!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 86Original
How about your climbing harness(es). I saw it in your photo, but not on the list. If you have an alpine harness, you may want to take it as well for any glacier-travel-type climbing. How about your helmet?

BTW, that kind of women do exist. You just need to look on the SummitProject.com site for them, or read Alpinist mag.

I do read alpinist,....imo the best magazine ever made period! As far as helmet...well I have a ProTec mtb helmet which doubles as my snowboard helmet..... and I'm bringing my BlackDiamond BOD harness along with my lighter weight petzl sport/trad harness.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:47 PM

Don't bring a firearm with you if you're coming to Canada, as customs won't let you bring it across the border.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac
Don't bring a firearm with you if you're coming to Canada, as customs won't let you bring it across the border.
Yeah, you'll have to leave it under a bush somewhere outside the gate and pick it up on your way back through...
Old 10-07-2006, 05:29 AM

Are you camping or hotel hopping on the way over, either way you may want to make sure you have reservations for the places you want to stay, I know we are going into the off season but plans can be thrown off if for some reason the place is full.

Also trail passes and and fishing/hunting licenses.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by firemaniac
Are you camping or hotel hopping on the way over, either way you may want to make sure you have reservations for the places you want to stay, I know we are going into the off season but plans can be thrown off if for some reason the place is full.

Also trail passes and and fishing/hunting licenses.
I'm sleeping in my truck the whole way out....I've got a cap and insluated it etc etc. No hotels for me I can't afford that.

Let me ask ya, ya ever been to Mt Baker?
Old 10-08-2006, 07:27 AM

Baby wipes are pretty slick if you are away from a shower for long periods of time.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member

Baby Wipes are even better at avoiding the dreaded "Monkey Butt" if you're out for as long as you plan to be!
Old 10-08-2006, 09:31 AM

a fire arm would be nice , but if you are going into canada , probablly not advisible. HAVE FUN
Old 10-08-2006, 12:29 PM

I'd bring pants too.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Blink 183
I'd bring pants too.
I was kinda wondering how your post could be interpreted as useful, then I looked at you avatar and it hit me: you don't have a brain to make useful replies...duh what was I expecting?:pat:

Quick Reply: PLEASE, add to my pre-roadtrip list!